[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else here drink basically every day? How do you keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 10

File: beersteins.jpg (474KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
beersteins.jpg
474KB, 1200x900px
Does anyone else here drink basically every day? How do you keep up the cut? I don't drink that much, but still around 4 (German or Czech) beers a day, that's 800 calories easily.
>>
>drinking
>ever making it
>>
>>39197320
>not drinking
>>
>>39197312
What world do you live in where 800kcal of beer isn't much?
>>
>>39197312
I used to drink a similar amount of beer.

Completely screwed up both gaining muscle and losing fat.

Cut right down on beer and improved at 5x the rate. srs.
>>
>>39197320
Fuck off Muslim
>>
>>39197312
>I don't drink that much
>4 beers a day
>>
>>39197410
Four beers isnt even that much in germany
Especially when you work manual labor its pretty usual to drink some beers after work
>>
>>39197375
it is a lot of calories, hence the thread; not THAT much of alcohol

>>39197410
I have slavic and germanic genes so at this point it gives me just a nice buzz to shitpost for a while and fall asleep afterwards

also I don't drink every day, I take a break every 2-3 days
>>
>>39197441
>drinking enough to get a nondrinker tipsy everyday
>not that much

You have a problem
>>
File: tracer.jpg (202KB, 1100x1650px) Image search: [Google]
tracer.jpg
202KB, 1100x1650px
I drink around 40 beers a week. I eat right otherwise and workout 4-5 times . Has had any negative effects on making gains or make me any chubbier.
>>
>>39197467
So why dont you cut the beer in half and improve yourself and your gains even more
>>
>>39197460
I dont even drink anymore
Just sayin that four beers are pretty accetable for some people
>>
>>39197312

Does anyone else here drink basically every day? How do you keep up the cut? I don't drink that much, but still around 40 (German or Czech) beers a day, that's 8000 calories easily.

This is how you sound to non alcoholics
>>
>>39197521
This

If you drink 4 beers a day, you have a problem
>>
>>39197558
>>39197521
>implying there is anything wrong with being an alcoholic in your 20s

as long as you can cool it down and don't do it for too many years, you'll be fine
>>
>>39197312
dat Augustiner
You don't know the true joy of beer until you've had a delicious Augustiner
>>
>>39197312

Drink spirits instead - try whisky, or gin and tonic. That is lovely and reasonably low in calories.
>>
>>39197575
Funny, that's exactly what an addict would say!
>>
Former alcoholic here, 4 beers a day is really not that much. It would amaze you how many people drink a 70cl of spirit a day and more. Most alcoholics don't drink beer as it is harder to get shitfaced off than spirits.

I got to the point of a 70 a day, believe me it isn't much fun and a world apart from a couple of beers in the evening. Glad I am back to normal now, if anyone is heading down that slope then don't fucking do it!
>>
>>39197616
Get off your high horse, you don't have to persuade me that I'm a bit addicted, I know I am, I'm just saying it's fine at the moment. Also, if I do an alcoholic self test, it tells me that I'm "at risk" but not a real alcoholic, so there.

Alcoholism gets a bad rap nowadays, in many cultures majority of population drank alcohol every day for thousands of years and here we are.
>>
>>39197457
>slavic genes
It's a meme. Slavs just drink more and stronger alcohols, mainly vodka. They just build their resistance to alcohol, they aren't born with it.
t. Pole
>>
>>39197312

>800 calories of beer
>4 beers a day
>not that much

are you a fucking idiot? no don't even try to answer that.
>>
>>39197720
There are two variables which come at play when it comes to processing alcohol, one is hereditary and one trained. You can either look it up or drink with some Asians.
>>
>>39197696
this
people are a bunch of pussies
beer was the foundation of everything back in the day and nowadays you have to be concerned if you drink some on a weekday, as if it would matter what day it is

the beer back then had less alcohol tho,
wouldnt mind that either

i also never heard of an beer addict, it may be the start but real alcoholics dont bother and just drink hard stuff
>>
>>39197766
>Asians
I was thinking more of comparing nations within Europe.
I just dont's like this meme of Slavs being almost immune to alcohol. They just drink more.
>>
>>39197781
>i also never heard of an beer addict, it may be the start but real alcoholics dont bother and just drink hard stuff
From what I've seen, there seem to be two definitions of alcoholism.

One is what you think of when you think alcoholic -- alcohol significantly affects your personal and professional life, e.g. your family hates you, you've been fired because of your drinking etc.

Second is much more broad and goes something like: drinking alcohol, even small amounts most days. The implication is that if you ""need"" it every day, you're an addict.
>>
File: beer.jpg (125KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
125KB, 1024x766px
>>39197781
>"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."
>>
>>39197781
>>39197696
>>39197682

t. 25% bodyfat
>>
>>39197518

for alcoholic fat fucks, yes.
>>
>>39197847
I believe the genetic predispositions are similar within Europe because most European nations have a long history of alcohol culture and most Europeans are very mixed. Southerners are a bit weaker but not that much -- even though they drink less their cuisines rely more heavily on seasoning with alcohol.

That being said, I've been all around Europe and can confirm that Slavs do drink more and I don't think it's just the training.
>>
>>39197509
before I went without drinking for years out of fear of negatives . havent noticed any decrease in gains since drinking. its a meme. Just remember to stay hydrated and eat well
>>
I´m drinking one or two beers daily. Does this small quantity of alcohol have a negative effect on my gains as long I eat right?
>>
>>39198031

So long as you account for the calories in the beer and hit your targets, no.
>>
>>39198031
I doubt it, as long as you can cut with 200-400 empty calories a day. I've read somewhere that the calories from alcohol need to be processed first by the body making it more likely for the other calories to be stored as fat, but that both sounds like a broscience and doesn't seem to be important if you're /fit/ and eat well.
>>
>tfw my average day
>>
>>39197900
>I don't think it's just the training.
Now probably not as much, but if you could only see the East Europe in the 80/90. Liter of vodka per day or being shitfaced during work hours wasn't considered weird or rare.
>>
>>39197441

It's normal in America as well.

Making gains is not normal.

A rule of thumb is that you can do literally ANY CRAZY SHIT YOU WANT and people will encourage you 'wow so special, go get 'em, so inspiring', etc. until you start going against the norms of food/drink.

Saying you are transgender is more acceptable then not drinking or not eating certain foods in social gatherings for gains purposes.
>>
>>39198260
you're not making any sense

also American beer is vastly different from European and I'm not even memeing
>>
>>39198050
>>39198031
>>39198068

Alcohol in any quantity inhibits muscular development

1 or 2 beers a day may not have a HUGE effect, but rest assured, it does have a negative effect
>>
>>39197615
Gin and Tonic is loaded with calories mate.
Tonic water has so much sugar it's insane.
>>
>>39197615
even if you drink vodka with water, alcohol itself has so many calories it's not even funny, don't ask me how they got there
>>
>>39198291

Jesus Christ.

IT'S NORMAL TO BE A SKINNY FAT SHIT

IT'S NORMAL TO MAKE $44K A YEAR

NORMAL IS NOT THE GOLD STANDARD. SAYING IT IS NORMAL DOES NOT MEAN IT IS GOOD!

'IT IS NORMAL' IS. NOT. A. DEFENSE.

BE THE BEST YOU THAT YOU CAN BE MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>39198323
how did they get there?
>>
>>39198304

Thats why you drink the zero calorie slimline stuff, tastes the same.

Apologies, should have specified.
>>
>>39198304
diet tonic works fine..
>>
>>39198323

It does, but drinking 2 units of vodka has considerably less calories than 2 units of beer

I'm not suggesting it is calorie free, just that it is less
>>
>>39198343
>>39198357
Just checking you knew that standard G&T will make you fat.

Avoid a thread in 6 months of "why nogainz?"
>>
>>39198291

How did what I say not make sense? To simplify: Drinking after work is normal here in America as well, seriously trying to make gains in the gym is not.

Also:

>also American beer is vastly different from European and I'm not even memeing

Yes, European beer is average and has no variety compared to American beer. The 'American beer is bad' meme needs to go away; America is by far the beer capital of the world now.
>>
On day 28 of not drinking alcohol.

Have been having a good deal of kombucha instead, but I don't really count it due to probiotics and v. low alcohol content. Just drink mostly tea now. Still go out like I used to, just without getting faced. Saves a grip of money too.
>>
File: 1447496358025.jpg (21KB, 636x426px) Image search: [Google]
1447496358025.jpg
21KB, 636x426px
Alcohol is a shit drug that makes you fat and retarded.
>>
>>39198470
>Yes, European beer is average and has no variety compared to American beer. The 'American beer is bad' meme needs to go away; America is by far the beer capital of the world now.
7/10 troll
>>
File: 1423221059928.jpg (10KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1423221059928.jpg
10KB, 230x230px
>>39197696

>in many cultures majority of population drank alcohol every day for thousands of years and here we are.

yeah, they drank watery shit with a low percentage of alcohol which was only fertilized in the first place so the water would keep

also they died at 30

you're an idiot
>>
Threadly reminder that alcohol has far more calories than the body can process. Alcohol is not metabolised in the stomach, like most foods, it is processed by the liver and kidneys. Majority of its calories are therefore literally pissed out. This explains why calorie counting apps are retarded for counting alcohol calories and why so many heavy hard liquor drinkers are thin.
>>
>>39198636
Uh, the civilised places have had actual standards for brewing beer and fermenting alcohol for hundreds of years. And the average life expectancy was low mainly because of high infancy and child death rate. Once a person reached adolescence, he was almost as likely to live until his grandpa years as nowadays.
>>
>>39198610
He's right.
20 years ago it was a different story. American beer used to mean shit-tier stuff like Bud and Coors. Now it's totally different.
>>
>>39198610

Not even remotely a troll. It is absolutely true. Can you explain why you disagree?
>>
>>39198713
>introducing a written argument with a vocal expression

You have to be +18 to post on this board
>>
>>39197858
>holding a glass of brandy
>>
>>39198610
the pacific northwest is the beer capital of the world you mean.
>>
>>39197858
You know arnold only said this to fuck with ppl, right?
>>
>>39197312
i drink as much as i can afford. had 2 liters of wine yesterday, a 40 and a 4 loko the day before, a fuckload of vodka (a liter, just about)
i dont worry about the cut because i started fat and even with the drinking im losing weight and building muscle.
will i do a serious cut when i get to my goal? no. im not gonna make it. i have a problem and im going to drink myself to death before ill stop drinking because of calories.
>>
>>39197441
four beers isnt even that much in literally anywhere.
i drank a 12 pack the other day while doing homework with my friend at like 2 in the morning.
if you cant drink 4 beers and still do whatever you need to do you are fucking pathetic and should just stop drinking.
>>
You all have to drink good beer all that bud light gas station shit isn't going to fly. Drinking beer is healthy.

After a workout it hydrates you faster than water, improves bone density, prevents Alzheimer's disease and other wonders. This research was done recently by a university in Madrid.

Also in ancient times it's all they had because water was dirty as fuck.
>>
Yea I usually drink 2 40ozs of steel reserve a night and have been for years now
>>
>>39200207
citation needed
>>
>>39197312
I just run a fuckton, desu. Also don't drink beer and stick to liquor. The alcohol replaces carbs; I run, I lift, and I eat the protein I need. Recovery can be slower but it's often mostly mental. Or I need an extra hour of sleep. Also, it reminds me I need to drink water.

Also, when I drop it in a cut, it feels even more amazing. Maintaining ~12% then suddenly losing ~3% in a month is amazing.
>>
>>39200449
The beer back then was like 2% alcohol you moron. Drinking more than 1 unit of alcohol everyday is not good for you
>>
>>39200990
I drink 1 unit every day
>>
>>39200983
>le alcohol percentage

same argument as the thc one. Not factual.
>>
File: 1463335846733.jpg (7KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
1463335846733.jpg
7KB, 203x248px
Yeah, I used to. It didn't end well. Basically, it began inoccently enough, but spiraled out of control like a motherfucker. Ended with a 2 week bender, drinking literally 24 hours every day, as in had to wake up during the night every two or three hours to have a drink, losing my job, all my money, running outta booze and soon after landing in the hospital with seizures and a bp of 180/110 with a hr of 130 a minute. Got stabilised in 2 days, kicked out into outpatient detox, spent the last week drugged on librium.

So now I'm out of librium, can't drink if I want to live, out of a job, out of money, fat as fuck, all the gainz gone, can't sleep now the sedatives wore off, and likely to be dead in a matter of weeks if I can't find a job. I'd rather anhero than beg, so that'll be that.

In short, drinking and making it don't mix. If I survive the next couple months, I'll never make the same mistake again. Never drink daily, it just aint worth the risk. Nobody knows they're an alkie until they become one.
>>
>>39198537
You're thinking of weed.
>>
File: 1469854921621.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469854921621.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
>>39201038
godspeed
>>
>>39201038
Jesus things got out of hand

Where do you live?
>>
>>39197410
>being so cucked by muslims and mormons that glorious germanic master race heritage seems like a degeneracy

I bet you faggot also wear lipstick and heels.
>>
>>39197588
My nigger. I had some in Munchen nearly a decade ago, havent been able to find them back here in Chile

Thirdworld shithole. At least Im not Argentinian.
>>
>>39201306

What's it like being 20% bf and small?

Never known that 20% bf feel (I don't drink 4 beers a day), and forgot the small feel so if you could refresh me that would be super
>>
>>39201322
Oh hey they let you use the internet in your mosque? Thats neat.
>>
>>39201038
Good luck with everyone, hope it works out.
>>
>>39201038
Glad you recovered man now its just the boredom.
>>
>>39197518
Those people are alcoholics bud.
>>
>>39200990
It's 3 to 4 numb nuts

Also your average male in the 1700 and 1800s drank a gallon of hard liquor a month
>>
>>39201148
UK, man. Polish immigrant. Nothing to come back to in the old country either. Sink or swim. I just fucking pray to god the work agencies get me something quick once I give em my cv's tomorrow. Couldn't do it before now, was too drugged out on benzos. Have you ever seen someone strung out on alcohol withdrawal, AND drugged? Not a pretty fucking sight.

Sorry, just feeling like bitching all the damned time now. AA people say its normal depression after suddenly stopping and that'll pass.

On the bright side, I know my overall system has to be robust. I mean, it survived the shit I put it through so far without stroking out or a cardiac arrest, right?
>>
theoretically, you drink ONLY liquor, ONLY drink it fasted, and reduce whatever the calculator tells you your TDEE is by the EXACT amount of calories in your liquor of choice.

realistically, you might be an alcoholic and won't make any progress until you get a handle on it.
>>
>>39198303
Is that why my friend who drinks three or so drinks every night has problems putting on lean mass? He fucking works out six days a week, has a good diet, and is a manlet... but puts on fat super easily.

Or low test?
>>
>>39199341
Denver and San Diego might disagree
>>
>>39200942
The citation is the damn movie the line is from. EVERYTHING Arnie said in those days was trolling designed to keep his competition at bay.
>>
I don't drink everyday, I drink quite often.

It's important to know your limits. If I drink 3-4 beers it usually doesn't impact my training. Drinking more usually means I have to eat more not to feel alcohols side effects which is detrimental to cutting.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/lifters-guide-to-alcohol
>>
>>39198291
The general difference being, of course, dosage.

330 ml cans/bottles? Really? You guys are a bigger joke than the fucking Japanese when it comes to booze.

Reminder that a proper six pack should amount to about 3 litres of beer, not a litre and a half.
>>
>>39202147
Low test.

Putting on fat fast is genetic. At my leanest and most ripped I was drinking 4-5 beers a day, every day. And mind you, were talking about proper European beers (0,5 litres) and not the shot sized American memes.
>>
I drink errrday but I limit it to 1 a day (2 every now and then). Makes me savour it more too.
>>
>>39204431
1 standard drink that is
>>
drinking 2 beers a night raises test. any more decreases test.

exercise also cancels out the negative effects of alcohol in healthy people.
>>
>>39197312
not me.

alcohol is a terrible drug. the effects are poor.

oh

and it is haraam.
>>
Never took liking to beer. I used to drink only to socialize. Now I discovered ciders and started drinking to calm myself. One every day, two if stressful occasion. Not sure how to feel about this, but I sure as fuck regret not knowing about ciders when I was in uni. I had so much stress and this could have helped me a ton.
>>
>>39204463
Go back to raping your sister and blowing yourself up, mudslime retard.

Fuck your genital mutilating, slave owning, child raping, hand cutting death cult.

On top of that, would you like to know what else is haram? Doing something just for the purposes of vanity, which is the very reason you lift, you god damn fucktard.
>>
>>39197320
Drinking isn't the problem. It's the "lifestyle" that accompanies it that is the problem.
>>
>>39198470
>Muh cool craft beer, huhu muh microbrewery.

Ha! Australia shits on American beer everyday of the week, and I wouldn't even call Australia the beer capital of the world.
>>
>>39198470
>Yes, European beer is average and has no variety compared to American beer. The 'American beer is bad' meme needs to go away; America is by far the beer capital of the world now.
You didn't even invent beer. How could you think for a moment you know what it's supposed to taste like?
>>
>>39197858
yeah and what do babies do best... grow bigger!
>>
>>39198827
How's first year of high school treating you?
>>
>>39200428
>if you cant drink 4 beers and still do whatever you need to do you are fucking pathetic and should just stop drinking.
>Women, midgets, people on antibiotics are pathetic
>>
>>39204388
A 6 pack of 330ml equals 2 litres.

Doesn't even matter. You worry about 6 packs while we deal in crates of 24.
>>
>>39198333
Underrated trips of truth.
>>
>>39198017
yeah it's just another food

it's like "oh anon cut bread from your diet because it's just carbs"

eat more protein then
>>
>>39204666
>Women, midgets, people on antibiotics are pathetic
Are you trying to somehow imply that they actually aren't?
>>
>>39204574
>Alcohol is unhealthy and it's not worth the effects it gives
>Altso I can't drink it for religious reasons

>HURRRR YU DURTEY BROWN MAN HOW DARE YU EXPRESS YOUR OPINIONS ON SOMETHING WHEN SOMEONE WITH THE SAME RELIGION AS YOU RAPES AND MURDERS?!

Get a fucking grip. I'm not a muslim, but the guy wasn't making a big fucking deal about it. It was just another reason not for him to drink, which is FINE.
>>
>>39197460
Thanks moralfag
You now made the world a better place
>>
>>39204890
Yeah, I keep forgetting that muslims are like vegans. They can't live for 10 minutes without telling someone that they're muslim and reveal to you how their hirsute sky rapist warmonger moon deity doesn't permit bacon and beer.

Fuck off.
>>
>>39198688
This. I weight myself every day with an electric counter down to the 0.001s gram and it explains why after a week of drinking, even if I have more calorie intake from all that alcohol, I actually lose weight.
Calorie from alcohol is NOT processed the same way as calories from food.

Done
>>
>>39198470
pull the other one mate
>>
>>39204648
We didn't invent war either but we're back to back champs at that
>>
>>39206574
You've lost quite a few wars lately. Also no one cares about wars anymore.
>>
>>39197588
>>39201317
I live in Munich now, basically everyone drinks Augustiner exclusively here and, while I like it, I don't see what's so special about it. There are like 8 more brands from Munich and the area which are great, I don't mind some variety. All of the helles beers are great, maybe except for Spaten.

Paulaner is a completely fine "commercial" alternative and it's much more likely you'd be able to get it somewhere else in the world.
>>
>>39204574
hand cutting and slave owning are good.
>>
>>39201038
I had the same thing with heroin. Thought I had in under control, even though I'd wake up at like 3am to smoke some more and then smoke again first thing in the morning.

Glad those days are over, hope you're doing okay.
>>
Getting there OP. It honestly isn't that detrimental for you unless you're killing a case or handle every day. Taking 2-4 drinks a day is solid, helps fight body pain, and gets you a nice buzz unless you're an alcoholic. Inject a little hgh to counteract the booze slowdowns and you're living life on Dio Brando-mode.
>>
File: Prometheus_Adam_Louvre.jpg (1MB, 1950x2590px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus_Adam_Louvre.jpg
1MB, 1950x2590px
>>39197312
"The liver is the only visceral organ that possesses remarkable capacity to regenerate."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver_regeneration

Damage from repeated and excessive alcohol abuse leads to alcoholic liver cirrhosis. When the liver tissue starts to scar, the liver doesn’t work as well as it did before. As a result, the body can’t produce enough proteins or filter toxins out of the blood as it should.

Cirrhosis of the liver can occur due to a variety of causes. However, alcoholic liver cirrhosis is directly related to alcohol intake.

As alcohol is broken down in the liver, a number of potentially dangerous by-products are generated.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh21-1/05.pdf
>>
>>39197312

drinking beer everyday is going to slow "making it" for you but if you increase your routine you could fight against it. keep in mind you're agreeing to an uphill battle to just drink. it won't be a huge downside but science has proven it hinders gains. can't be bothered to post source. some anons will be extreme about it but fuck it and have a few beers. just keep up the lifts brother
>>
>>39197521
you just pointed out how overblown the fitness community's opinion of alcohol is. I agree 4 beers a day is unhealthy but the difference between 4 and 40 beers a day is not compareable. It's the difference between being a productive member of society who drinks a bit and someone who is probably obese, dying of organ failure or ending up in prison.
>>
File: IMG_1092.png (750KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1092.png
750KB, 750x1334px
I drink regularly and haven't seen negative impact when I work out 4/5 times a week. Sure I could probably be leaner if I didn't love beer but my metabolism is still off the charts
>>
>drinking
>being fit

pick one you weak willed faggot
>>
>don't drink that much
>4 beers

While that isn't full on Native American hardware store methanol tier, it's still a fairly large amount to drink every day. It's not a large amount to drink on any particular day, of course, but every single day?
>>
>>39197312
>tfw drinking makes me extroverted, funny and horny and girls fucking love it

God I wish I was like that all the time
>>
I have a friend who drinks a bottle of vodka each day, 2 if he is off from work the day after. He is 42 and has been doing this for years in combination with a lot of fast food and never working out. My question is, how long might he live like this?
>>
>>39197312
>that first gallon chug of beer of the day
>>
>>39198333
This guy gets it
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.