[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read the fucking sticky >sticky tells me to do ss >fit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: pepe snow.jpg (207KB, 840x567px) Image search: [Google]
pepe snow.jpg
207KB, 840x567px
>read the fucking sticky
>sticky tells me to do ss
>fit tells me ss is a meme
im starting next week WHAT DO I DO
>>
>>39197072
If you're lifting for strength then do SS. If you wanna look good then do SS with lots of accessories. Literally in the sticky
>>
>>39197072
do strength exercises,
focus on compound lifts with good form and full range of motion
add accessory lifts for hypertrophy on upper body
eat proper son
>>
>>39197072
Start on machines for a few weeks, get your form right then start a bro split.
>>
Literally stretch and do calisthenics to start.

Push-ups
Pull-ups
do different variations of each.
Like archers, wides, diamonds, ect.
Do about 5-6 slow reps to build strength
do about 15-20 to build endurance.
and after you start feeling comfortable switch to weight lifting or just add weights if you enjoy calisthenics. Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>39197072
Phrak's Greyskull LP
>>
>>39197259
Dont do this
>>
>>39197072
>im starting next week WHAT DO I DO

no you are not. that is classic procrastination

start today fgt
>>
>>39197072
>im starting next week
Why not today or tomorrow?
>>
>>39197439
>>39197469
this
>>
>>39197469
>>39197439
i'm not going to pay a full month for a week

today i did calisthenics and i will do more wed/fri to start getting into it
>>
>listening to a bunch of autists
>listening to liam rosen
gee i wonder what's the option here
>>
>>39197259
100% do this
>>
Do whatever makes lifting fun for you. Dont worry about results. Results come with time and effort not with routine and diet. A person having a great time at the gym will always progress more than a person who flip flops perfect routines and diets and half asses at the gym.

You want to find something that will bring you back to the gym for many years to come.

A lot of us recommend SS because its impossible not to get strong on it and gaining at least strength is a huge motivator for people to return to the gym and research more. A lot of noobs cant do dips or pullups and have 0 athletic background and this is often not considered sadly. So those brosplits wont give you the desired results most likely.
>>
>>39197072
Dont fall for SS is a meme. SS is a very good starter programm. The whole SS is a meme thing started with some guys were discussing its efficency and this got a bit out of hand.
Do it and you will see that you make good gains in stength and looks. After a while (e.g. if you have do deload a second time) look for a other programm or if you want to go for looks over strength(which only pussies do).
I also recommend highly that you read the book Starting Strength. It gives you a very good idea of how to do the exercises and overall a good understanding of the human body. But dont take diet tips from the ripper. These are infact a meme.

I hope this was helpful
>>
>not starting immediately
already confirmed for not making it
>>
I just started SS last week.
Would everyone say to just ignore Rip and people on bodybuildingforums for diet? Ive seen a lot of people end up fat with SS, mostly because it looks like they are eating way too much or drinking a fucking gallon of milk a day.
I know I won't make fast strength gains, but I do NOT want to get fat while getting stronger.
>>
>>39197789
Eat 200 to 500 calories above maintenance, you could probably get away with just eating at maintenance for a little while if you really wanted though.
>>
Are machines literally evil?
>>
imo do ppl and use machines for about 2 weeks. then move to free weights
>>
>>39197836
since I'm a little chubby/ got a small gut I've probably been a little over maintenance for a while anyway.
would you say those calories should be proteins or could be anything really?
>>
DONT DO SS DO ICF OR GREYSKULL OR ANYTHING ELSE JUST DON'T DO SS PLEASE IT'S A FUCKING MEME THAT'S ALL IT IS
>>
I would do SS or SL with a couple of accessories for like 3 months and then move on to another form of FBW or push/pull
>>
Check out /fit/s greyskull routine - includes all you need
>>
COMPOUND
O
M
P
O
U
N
Don't ever bulk.
>>
>>39197429
>>39197537

/fit/ in a nutshell
>>
>>39197297
>>39197893
>>39197956
Now this is an actual meme
>>
>>39197072
Look man, like this one anon said >>39197544
do whatever you find fun to do and keeps you going. I've been to gyms my whole life and I was never able to get seriously into it, I did PT routines and machines and it really bored me out of my mind and made gym terrible.

I only started enjoying lifting when I started doing barbell lifts and compounds, they felt challenging and had a learning process to so made the whole experience more interesting. But the truth is, one month in you will realize that routines will be changing during your life, you will realize your own weaknesses and have to work on them, so cookie cutter routines won't work as good anymore. So my advice for now is just pick something easy (SS, greyskull) and stick to it until you get the feel of what you like and what you need.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (126KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
126KB, 900x900px
Seeing as this entire page is hell bent on trolling and giving shit advice, can anybody point me in the direction of any fitness based forums or image boards that actually want to help beginners?
>>
>>39198297

Plebbit fitness is full of skinny fats that look like shit, and push baby weight.

Avoid at all cost.

Fit is full of trolls.

Body Building Dot Org is a great site full of helpful people and shredded sick cunts
>>
>>39198297
Like they said above, do SS. Just also add accessories to upper body in addition to it. Imo you should also bench everyday like squat as well (until the weight becomes too heavy and you can't recover)
>>
>>39197072
You start today, faggot
>>
>>39198374
What accessories do you add? I can't do pullups.
>>
>>39198297
You only fall for the memes because you never held a barbell in your life. This whole "X is a meme" is only between anons that never lifted in their lives and come here to shitpost.

Lifting not rocket science man, you go there and you work muscles, the only thing you need to keep in mind 100% of the time is to be safe. Other than that you can literally try anything you want, your body will tell you what you need to know. Here is an example:

>You do OHP, you like the exercise but you find it hard to do
>you realize your shoulders need extra exercises to assist you with OHP
>google shoulder exercises, watch a youtube video, do the exercises with lightweight worrying about proper form
>suddenly you customized your routine and is walking with your own feet

Sure having a pre-made routine is great because they make sure you work every muscle you really need, but thats all there is to it you know what I'm saying? If you wanna go to the gym and just curl your days away forever, go do it bro. Whatever makes you happy, even a filthy curlbro is better than a slob couch potato.
>>
>>39197072
>>39197072
JUST DO THE FUCKING PROGRAM AND ADD ACESSORIES LIKE IT SAYS TO DO

jesus christ, you can even remove squat from day A(when you deadlift) which was what I did once I reached 137kg squat and it was affecting my other sports squatting 3x week.

>>39198297
do SS, you can take squat off day A if you want to or if your legs grow bigger than you want it's fine
do your fucking dips and pull ups, add a bicep exercise or two, do incline dbb bench
then for day B do like some tricep exercise, lat pulldown, rows, lateral raises
then you should do hanging leg raises every work out at the end and always remember to stretch
there you go, now you go fucking gain muscle and cut down to low bf%

just do your compounds 3x5 and then the rest 3x8-12
it's simple as that, every good routine has heavy compounds

source: I've been on the same boat once
>>
>>39198381

Is your goal strength or asthetic?

If it's asthetics then you need to add calf isolations, lat isolations, bicep and tricep isolations, delt and trap isolations

Lat pulldowns, curls, shrugs, calf raises
>>
>>39197844

No, they are good for getting started and acclimatised to the gym especially if you just go on your own
>>
>>39198297
Do chin ups and pull ups anyway. Do 3 sets of as many as possible until you get over 12, then add weight
>>
>>39198297
Just cross reference advice, m8.
>>
Don't fall for the don't fall for the SS meme meme.
>>
>>39198399
what kind of stretches?
>>
>>39197214
If you want to look good then do a mass focused PPL. You can't sustain enough volume and frequency with the substandard recovery times a standard AxBxAxx full body workout schedule will give you. So doing SS with lots of accessories is a fucking terrible idea.
>>
File: men-fashion-neckerchief-8.jpg (27KB, 620x962px) Image search: [Google]
men-fashion-neckerchief-8.jpg
27KB, 620x962px
>>39197214
I don't have many "gym" accessories, I usually take a bag to the though.

If I team that up with a neckerchief, some cute lifting shoes & shades would that be sufficient?

Pic related (it's me).
>>
File: 1466221228325.png (76KB, 308x300px) Image search: [Google]
1466221228325.png
76KB, 308x300px
http://startingstrength.com/training/why-will-you-not-do-the-program

SS is a meme because nobody actually does the program correctly.
>>
>>39197243
Just listen to this man, he knows
>>
>starting next week
START NOW
>>
>>39197072
Do ss by the book till you hit 2pl8 squat, then just stop doing legs altogether. Focus on bench, row, press, diddy, pullups and dips
>>
>>39199213
But what if i have other goals in life than getting big and strong ASAP
>>
>>39197072
SL imo is better since there are 3 upperbody and 2 lower body exercises, therefore a better balance to SS.
>>
>>39197072
Depends how much time you have to lift.

If you want to lift 6 times a week, do SS but separate the upper and lower into alternating days. On upper days, add 5x10 of your main lift at 50% of the working sets, then 3x10 for the same lift but a dumbbell variant. Legs you don't really need to accessorize because they'll get big enough on their own. I find this to be a good amount of volume and strength work to balance out upper and lower size.

Source: Been on SS, SL, 5/3/1 and a PPL (not in that order).
>>
>>39197519
>i'm not going to pay a full month for a week
murica
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.