[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've started to put butter in my coffee after reading some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

I've started to put butter in my coffee after reading some articles about its benefits.

Am i mad?
>>
>>39193142
is this some sort of new meme?
>>
>>39193148
"paleo-diet"
>>
>>39193142
i've just started keto and this seems resonable
>>
Its a keto thing.
I have never tried it cause I eat carbs like a normal person. But I Imagine it would be alright
>>
>>39193156
""""""""""diet""""""""""
>>
>>39193142
What possible benefits could that have? Nice and easy loose poops?
>>
butter tastes great in coffee, tea, oat porridge, warm chocolate

i dont follow a paleo diet or anything, but you can put butter in almost everything
>>
>>39193176
apparently gives you 6 hours of full cognition and energy with no crash.
>>
>>39193179
do you feel a slight tingling and are able to write math equations all of a sudden?
>>
>>39193165
>>39193160
whats keto?

what if carbs is cheap and easy and gives me
>>
>>39193208
large amounts of quick energy that make me crash*
>>
>>39193208
keto is high fat very low carbs diet. forces your body into ketosis where your liver burns fat for energy instead of the normal carbohydrates
>>
>>39193234

That doesn't sound healthy, or sustainable
>>
>>39193208
Keto is the diet version of autism
>>
>am i mad

you're either retarded or fat. or both
>>
>>39193246
Its a common diet. Basically under 10g of carbs a day, rest of macros on protein and fats.
Its recomended to take breaks every month and carb up, before going back into ketosis.
Unless your diabetic, I don't see what all the hype is about.
>>
>>39193246
And it is not.
It's a great way to fuck your body long-term, and lose some water weight short term.
>>
https://youtu.be/96VZFklUM_Q
Is this the ketosis diet?
>>
>>39193192
Isn't full cognition everyone's default setting?
>>
>>39193311
it fluctuates for sure
Especially if you haven't eaten or don't have energy.
>>
>>39193262
>I don't see what all the hype is about.

Isn't the appeal of it that you feel fuller after eating protein/fat vs carbs so you aren't hungry all the time, thus it's harder to go over your targeted caloric intake?
>>
>>39193142
I'd say it's a matter of taste.
Can you describe your breakfast, and your overall diet, before and after buttering your coffee? Any other big changes in your diet?
If you went from pancakes and sugared coffee to omelette and buttered coffee, you might see some differences, if you didn't change anything at all, other than shifting around a few Cals to cover for the butter-in-coffee, you might find it tastier, and might delay hunger for a bit more.
>>
>>39193319
Then why not just do a normal low carb diet, instead of taking it to retardation levels
>>
>>39193311
Most people go from overstressed to overfed to drugged up or in need of an hit of some chemical, so no, full cognition is a 'sometimes' thing.
>>
>>39193319
that seem to be true for me atleast, also less sugar highs and lows, fat gives a more even energy release
>>
>>39193246
Two studies I found from a few seconds on google:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945587/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

It works, it's not dangerous, and you can do it for up to a year with no worries.

It's not magic, and who knows just how much better it is than only counting calories, but it's not just some fad bullshit.
>>
File: 1459136616553.jpg (55KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1459136616553.jpg
55KB, 500x447px
>>39193142
>I've started to put butter in my coffee
>>
>>39193351
so i can drink loads of fat and ill be ok?
>>
>>39193360
No one said that. A keto diet is just like your regular diet minus the carbs.
>>
>>39193360
if you stop eating all carbs sure
>>
>>39193351
>for Obesity
>in Obese Patients
It works for o-beasts, but a plain starvation diet works for them too. No /fit/izen should base their diet on what obese people could or should eat!
Are there any studies on athletes on keto?
>>
it has to be good quality butter. if you just take generic store brand shit its not making any difference and probably hurting you instead
>>
It tastes like shit
>>
>>39193453
what about countrylife?
>>
>>39193249
keked
>>
>>39193148
>new
Crossfit hipster faggots have been doing this forever now. It's called "bulletproof coffee".

I have a turbomanlet coworker at one of my offices that's into xshit. It never amazes me what new food or drink tweaks he's rambling on about with his diet. They're like food hipsters, no lie
>>
>>39193723
.....so, hipsters.
>>
>>39193142
>adding fat to coffee
Most people just use cream. Works ok.
>>
File: 1402158004989.jpg (54KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1402158004989.jpg
54KB, 720x576px
>>39193311
Not if you're OP.
>>
https://youtu.be/zS8VJAsgWQA
>>
>>39193754
Yes
>>
Iv been doing this for a couple weeks.
I'm enjoying it.

Usually I just have black coffee and don't eat into breakfast. Body and mind feel sore and sluggish

With the fats from the butter, it isn't as hard to resist eating into lunch, and my mind feels more able and alert. Would recommend
>>
>>39194761
Meant don't eat until lunch
>>
>>39193156

>Both butter and coffee didn't exist until long after the paleolithic era ended

Might as well be eating paleo bug macs.

Enjoy your greasy coffee and explosive shits OP. And probably kidney/gall stones if you drink lots.
>>
>>39193198
>do you feel a slight tingling and are able to write math equations all of a sudden?
>do you feel a slight tingling?
>and
>do you feel are able to write math equations all of a sudden?

>do you feel are able
>>
you're not supposed to literally put butter in your coffee you retard
>>
Sugary or milky coffee does nothing in terms of waking me up. I need the bold taste of plain coffee in order to feel awake.

I do drink tea with honey, and I'll occasionally have a cappuccino, but those are taken for taste and indulgence rather than caffeine.
>>
>>39195095

>I do drink tea with honey, and I'll occasionally have a cappuccino

regular tea not sweet enough for you ya fairy need to add a little sugaaaahh into your cocktail
>>
>>39195027
feel is the verb for the first clause, are is the verb for the second

you are able to write math equations all of a sudden
>>
>>39193142

If it fits your macros/diet, and you like it, why do you give a shit what anonymous tards on the internet think?
>>
yes you are.

and it seems like once again only two people have actualy tested this and can write about it.

I've done it.

the butter makes the effect of coofee last "longer", and removes the crash. that being said, it's not the full effect of caffeine. it has a diluting effect, as the fat seems to slowly let the caffeine do its job. so you don't get the full WHOO I JUST DRANK COFFEE effect, you get a more even attentive feeling, and you don't feel as lethargic by the time the effect ends.

I don't reccomend it myself. I drink coffee 2 times a month tops, and when I do I want the backflipping, high-fiving effect.

If you add coconut oil to the butter and coffee you get even less jitters, btw.
>>
File: received_10153782424270718.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
received_10153782424270718.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>39195155
I'm doing it and can attest to what this guy says. Except, I do recommend it.
>>
>>39195126
that's not how it works.

he should've written

>do you feel a slight tingling and have the ability to write math equations all of a sudden?
>>
>>39193142
I make my lattes with a dab of butter every morning. Also use whole milk. I kind of dont care about the meme part so much. Im not keto or paleo, just tastes good. Butter isnt bad for you like ood mrmes say, shit like margarine will slowly kill you though from partially hydrogenated oils
>>
>>39193246
It isnt, the build up ketones in y0ur body is toxic
>>
>>39195095
Lol, as someone who worked as a barista on and off for 6 years, youre a goddamn moron that has no idea what theyre talking about
>>
>>39193192
They guy who invented this also takes modafinil. But yeah it's definitely the fat coffee.
>>
>>39195155
>feels stimulation and crash from coffee
lel do you even stimulants

This being said, I'm drinking it regularly with coconut oil. Tastes pretty good, and is one way to squeeze some extra calories into my breakfast.
>>
File: 411MDXwLoFL._SX200_QL80_.jpg (13KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
411MDXwLoFL._SX200_QL80_.jpg
13KB, 200x267px
I've started to put cocks in my mouth after reading some articles about its benefits.

Am I mad?
>>
I've started spending more time talking about working out and proper eating than actually doing any of it at all
>>
>>39193142
Not just a keto thing, I've heard this is a pretty common thing in Russia, for example. Supposedly makes it as good as with milk. Thanks for reminding though, been drinking black for two days now due to milk causing a shitload of slime in my throat!
>>
>>39195637
>russia
>coffee
try again
>>
>>39193142
This "thank you skeleton" guy once had a presentation in my company, he sold high-end coffee and promoted himself by "educating" people about coffee and nutrition. Anyway, he advocated for skipping breakfast by drinking this sort of thing in the morning, coffee with a shitload of butter and something else fatty.

I wouldn't do it.
>>
>>39195610
this is literally 90% of /fit/, most people here have lifter for a few months max and then gave up but stayed for the shitposting
>>
if you have candida overgrowth do keto
keto fixed mine in 3 months

you will also have smooth as fuck poops
say goodbye to scraping nutella from your ass
>>
File: 1429379838608.jpg (30KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1429379838608.jpg
30KB, 500x334px
>>39193142
>when u have a condishun and u need to add butter in ur coffee not to starve
>>
>>39193142
I have this every morning with brain octane, coconut oil, and heavy cream.

Comfy long-lasting energy, autistic focus, and I've lost 25lbs in 6 weeks to boot. Getting shredded and ask my lifts have gone up.
>>
I just put butter in the eggs that I eat so I get a nice range of cholesterol and saturated fat on top of protein.

If you have to add fat to your coffee to get extra fat, you're probably not eating enough.

"WOAH GUIYS FAT FOR ENERGEEEEE"
>>
>>39197251
jeez u must be like 35% bodyfat lmao
>>
>>39197311
No, but I was a weak, skinnyfat faggot coming off an 8 month bulk. When I'm done cutting, I won't look remarkable by any standards, especially /fat/'s, but I'll be better than I was before and ready to bulk again.

140lb OHP
205lb Bench
260lb Squat
315lb Diddylift at 6'3, 180 (currently).
>>
>>39197251

lol, did somebody tell you you should do this or did you just go for it?
>>
>>39193246
How did Eskimos live in the snow when their diet consisted mostly of fat and protein from the animals?
>>
>>39199140
polarbears bought seal meat off them using fruit and wheat
>>
>>39195489
Not as long as you're keeping them there until they release their protein down your throat. Gains for days son.
>>
How much butter do you put in? What does it even taste like? What texture??

I know people who can eat straight butter and I find it very odd. It's hard to imagine putting it in a hot watery drink.
>>
>>39193142
Aberrant
>>
>>39193356
>>39195068

you have to blend it, but it's actually really fucking good
>>
This entire thread
>Putting stimulants into my body makes me feel amazing for a few hours, WOW.
Yes this butter coffee crap works but as any other stimulant/preworkout/mental supplement, you will build a tolerance and feel like shit when you don't have it.

You're better off just cutting stimulants out of your regular diet and only using them when you need them.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.