[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking & food thread. What did you cook today? Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_0901.jpg (173KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0901.jpg
173KB, 480x640px
Cooking & food thread.

What did you cook today? Don't tell me you eat pre-made food /fit/.

Me? I cooked pic related, simple and boring but done in 10 minutes.
>>
Share recipe and macros/cals OP. What do you eat it with?
>>
Im going to put 2 pounds of chicken breast in a bag full of teriyaki sauce for a few hours and then put them in a hot pan until cooked so I'll have at least some of my meals prepped until the middle of the week
>>
How do you guys buy your chicken?
>>
>>39175537
I kinda made up the recipe myself t b h, more like reused parts of other recipes with what I had on hand, it's very simple.

Slice up chicken breasts, coat them in smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Roast on a hot pan with olive oil for a few minutes. Take out of the pan into a saucer, use the same pan to roast cut up vegetables -- peppers, onion and garlic. After a while add the chicken and its sauce back in, roast for a few more minutes. At the end, add cut up coriander and cook for one more minute max.

I ate it with whole wheat bread, feel free to eat it with rice or potatoes, whatever you like.
>>
>>39175614
Like everyone else, in a grocery store, pre-cut and vacuum packaged.

Makes me wonder how you buy it.
>>
>>39175570
If you add in some oil and a bit of salt, can't you leave it in the sauce for the week and cook it fresh every day? Tastes a lot better if you ask me.
>>
>>39175840
I usually get it from the butcher's. Now that I'm living abroad I just get it packed from the store
>>
>>39175934
That's kinda the same. Or do (used to) you buy a whole chicken or what?
>>
When I'm cutting I eat a bowl of high fibre cereal and full-fat milk, half a rotisserie chicken (including the skin) and half a kilo of frozen vegetables with a tablespoon of butter melted in
>>
>>39175399
>Ground turkey
>Brussel sporouts

>Mom called and said this is pleb tier, looks good to me fits my macros
>>
I want to start prepping my food

is there a like a god tier guide on prepping for bodybuilding and how to fit your macros in prepping lunch/dinner daily
>>
>>39175854
I don't really care about the taste as long as it's not just plain chicken taste and I think I read that if you let chicken breast marinade for too long it'll turn tough, plus I don't always have access to the stove so I think it's better to make it all at once
>>
>>39175399

>Don't tell me you eat pre-made food /fit/.

Yep. I'm new to counting calories, so I've been eating things I can easily keep a record of. Been eating mostly ciabatta bread, yoghurt and sliced turkey breast for a week now. Man, I could really go for a nice deep plate of lentils and feta cheese right now...
>>
>>39177754
Dude, get a food scale. Mine was 12 dollars and i just set it to measure in whatever is easiest and use a nutrition app. I can eyeball it now, but it was great for learning and totally accurate measurements.
>>
>>39175992
>with the skin

never gonna make it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (61KB, 738x589px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
61KB, 738x589px
currently cutting. the sugar was to raise my blood sugar cause im a diabetic
>>
>>39177811

Nah, I have a food scale. My biggest issue is that I don't know what a cooked food's nutritional values are, and I'm reluctant to take a value written on the internet seriously because I feel they are inaccurate what with the different cooking and ingredients.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>39175399
Onion, garlic, cherry tomato, spinach, basil, parsley, 3 whole eggs, 2 extra whites, tsp cream, tsp olive oil
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>39178258
Finished product
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>39177887
>cucumber
>large
>8-1/4" long
>>
File: 1473725345373.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1473725345373.png
296KB, 649x649px
>>39177887
>1749 calories

thank you hungry skeleton
>>
File: IMG_0465.jpg (826KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0465.jpg
826KB, 2048x1536px
What do you goobs know bout the meal prep?

Boneless skinless walking bird thighs in a sriracha orange honey marinade, mashed sweet potato with cottage cheese, carrots and onions
>>
>>39178027

I usually weigh everything separately before cooking and enter the data for raw ingredients, usually the USDA values are pretty accurate.
>>
>>39178398

Why would I eat the same thing over and over when I can cook delicious and healthy meals every day?
>>
>>39178027
I have the same worry, but there is not really anything else you can do.
>>
>>39178506
Some people prefer to keep it simple and organized.
>>
>>39178398
Damn famalam. Lookin' good.
>>
>>39175399
>>39175707
Gonna cop this for tomorrow. Good looking out anon.
>>
>>39177887
What app are you using to track? I'm looking for one and this looks good.
>>
>>39175399
I did some prep: made a pot of low carb chili, a pan of taco meat, roasted a package of chicken breasts. Cooling everything now to put up in containers. ~ 45 minutes including baking and simmering time.
Ate a bowl of chili and a salad for supper.
>>
>>39178506
That is implying I don't eat delicious/healthy meals every day though.

I've been eating more or less the same breakfast/lunch/dinner for years and still look forward to it every day.

Usually I change it up on the weekend and then same shit during the week.
>>
/ck/ here, here's what I'm making tomorrow for the week:

4 tilapia filets(any fish works really)
1 big red onion
4-5 cloves garlic
1 big spoon of capers
Parsley
Lemons for juice
Bunch of butter

1. Salt and pepper on your fish filets, and fry them in a hot pan with oil of your choice; I use coconut. Most fish shouldn't take more than 2 minutes per side, but if you're using salmon, it'll need a bit more time. Once they're cooked, remove and reserve.
2. Fry off the onions in the pan, using up any excess oil. Don't let them go too far.
3. Add some butter and once it's melted, add the crushed garlic and cook for about a minute, don't let it burn.
4. Throw in the capers, and smash them up with your utensil.
5. Throw in chopped parsley, and another chunk of butter.
6. Turn off heat, add lemon juice, and more butter depending on your preference. Once it's all combined, pour over the fish.

The sauce itself is sweet and savory, you can adjust the amount of butter accordingly to your tastes, really compliments the fish, and it's keto friendly if you're into that. Also works with flattened chicken breasts.
>>
>>39178258
>>39178265
Why do you add the cream?
>>
>>39179972
can you be more specific on "bunch" of butter?
1/4 cup?
Definitely want to make this one
>>
>>39180084
You have to adjust accordingly; the recipe I templated off calls for 160g of butter, which is about a stick and a half American but I use about half of that, so for me I'd use 3/4ths of a stick.
>>
>>39180061
Almost exclusively for texture but also for taste.
>>
>>39175399
Brown rice, black beans, some salsa, garlic EVOO, some spices. Cheap, adequate cals, good macros, and a fair bit of variety. Sometimes + avocado when I'm feeling outrageous.
>>
Hand pulled ramen [none of that instant bullshit (about 450 cal of it)]
8oz tuna
10oz shredded carrots
6oz oyster mushrooms
Dark soy sauce, Peanut oil, and garlic

Split it up into 4 tiny meals throughout the day. Only ate 3/4 though. So, pretty filling actually.
>>
>>39175614
Costco. Giant bags.
>>
File: IMG_3139 (Custom).jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3139 (Custom).jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
>chicken breast
Not even once senpai, boneless thighs are far superior
>>
>>39180306
looking good

>>39179972
I didn't know /ck/ actually cooks, not a bad recipe.
>>
I make thai curries, coconut milks got them calories for my bulk

Also make lentil curries

Current post workout meal is a curry made with chicken, sweet potatoes, chickpeas and peppers, and coconut milk, in a tikka style.

I batch cook and freeze these, then just reheat them and cook some rice or pasta. I try to make new stuff, always keep like 3 different types of food. Can discuss other things and recipes if anybody wanna try batch cooking
>>
>>39178320
i probably lift and weigh more than you faggot

>>39178671
cron-o-meter. it's the best nutrition app imo, only bad thing is that their mobile app isn't free. it costs like 2 euros if i remember correctly, but it's worth it i think. it's the only app i've ever paid money for
>>
>>39180306
>he doesn't eat exclusively lean meat

enjoy your peasant cuts
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Bumping with some good food I am eating right now.

Baked salmon with zucchini risotto and sauted spinach. About 800cals and 50g protein. Made two portions.
>>
File: 20161017_233130.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161017_233130.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Bulking on elk boys
>>
urgh shit... today had a cheat day and was out all day... and the stores closed before I could get to them :(

oh well, back onto the wagon in the morning and hopefully get to the store and do a cook up in the morning
>>
Overnight oats for breakfast tomorrow.

1/2 cup of water (or milk or almond milk)
1/2 cup oats of your choice
1 cup of yoghurt of your choice

Basically mix it, chuck it in the fridge at night before you go to bed and enjoy the next morning.

Throw whatever the fuck you want in there for flavour, some ideas are...

carrot puree, (peel, steam and mash carrots) cinnamon, nutmeg and some sweetener of choice for carrot cake flavour.

grated (or diced) apple and cinnamon, maple syrup and toasted nuts.

Macros change depnding on what yoghurt and you use and what else your chucking in, milk adds stuff, almond milk adds stuff, the numbers usually work out pretty good.

For me, the recipe makes 2 serves (i usually pair it with other shit like boiled eggs for protons) and i aint eating big.
>>
>>39182967
>hopefully
>the stores closed before I could get to them :(

You aren't sad; and the fact you said "hopefully" shows you know you're gonna fail. Hope has nothing to do with it nigger.

Just imagine how different your life would be if you never fucked yourself up like this; imagine how much it's cost you and how much happier you'd be if you didn't keep eating junk.

You got this. Think about how much it's held you back
>>
>>39178398
Eating week old food is disgusting, I'd rather cook day by day
>>
>>39178398
I approve nigga. I like the look of them meals.
>>
>>39177847

It is a mortal sin to skin a bird
>>
File: IMG_0904.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0904.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
OP here, here's what I'm eating today

Chicken marinated in white wine and soy sauce with mushrooms and leek. Bulky but mostly because of the rice and corn, which are optional.
>>
>>39183908
this is without the corn
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.