[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I keep my scapula retracted on the db press like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: flat-bench-press.jpg (24KB, 240x358px) Image search: [Google]
flat-bench-press.jpg
24KB, 240x358px
Should I keep my scapula retracted on the db press like the barbell bench press?
>>
File: 5[2].jpg (726KB, 1045x1500px) Image search: [Google]
5[2].jpg
726KB, 1045x1500px
>>39137844
yes
>>
>>39137860
Isn't it kind of weird with dumbbells?
>>
>>39137844
Think of the reason why you would need to keep your shoulderblades retracted on bench press.
Now, does that reason still apply to dumbell pressing?
>>
>>39137945
>don't involve front delts
Yes
>>
>>39138001
Nah, the front delts are always still involved.

The reason is that we don't want to put the shoulder in a compromised position at the bottom.
By retracting the shoulderblades, we get range of motion out of them instead of overstretching the shoulders.

We do the same thing with push-ups at the bottom of the movement.
The difference is that the shoulderblades aren't free to move as in a push-up, so we only worry about the most dangerous position (the bottom).
That's also why you're not supposed to up as far with the bar: retain the retracted shoulderblade position.
>>
>>39138279
True bro

Any good suggestions for it with heavy ass dumbbells? Feels a little hard to get into position for me with em
>>
>>39138546
Sorry, no.
I think dumbells are always going to be awkward to handle when you're going heavy.
It's why most people just do lower weights and higher reps.
>>
>>39138546
>Feels a little hard to get into position for me with em
Stick them to your chest while they are resting on your quads then lie down the bench
>>
>>39138546
Keep practicing bro it'll click one day
>>
>>39138546
If they're really heavy get down with one and ask a bro to hand you the other one
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.