[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I add things to SS? I want to throw in pullups, OHP instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: PapalThrone.jpg (73KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
PapalThrone.jpg
73KB, 750x500px
Can I add things to SS?
I want to throw in pullups, OHP instead of Oly and BB curls
Is this cool or should I stick to it religiously?
>>
>>39134522
If you do SS that means you don't know enough to be fucking with SS. If you do Mark will be mad.
>>
>>39134597

Jebus I wish this website could give me a solid starating point.
It's like everyone says to do SS but the second you say that you're doing SS they call you a retard
>>
>>39134635
Because SS is for the retards until they git gud
>>
step 1: do ss
step 2: if progression is steady add whatever. if this fucks with progression remove
step 3: repeat until u have everything u want added

you can do this to fill in disproportions. reading the book and applying common sense will get u way further than any moron giving you advice on here though
>>
>>39134522
>pullups, OHP
Read the fucking book, those are already a part of the program.
>BB curls
They aren't officially part of the program, but Rippetoe says you can add arm isolations on Friday if you want, so you get the full weekend of recovery.
>power cleans
Rippetoe says you need to do these, but if you don't want to, do what everyone else does and replace them with rows. Personally I think power cleans are pretty useless for non-athletes, not to mention very hard to learn, I wouldn't recommend them for beginners.

Also, Greyskull LP seems like a good beginner program for you, since it includes all of the things you want, maybe consider that instead of SS.
>>
>>39135040
>but if you don't want to, do what everyone else does and replace them with rows.
you should read SS. rip clearly explains why this is retarded.
>>
>>39134597
>If you do SS that means you don't know enough to be fucking with SS. If you do Mark will be mad.

that's bullshit and both you Mark and I know it
>>
>>39134522
I'm doing ss with just a couple supplements
>added face pulls for my rolled shoulders.
>added hamstring exercises to fix anterior pelvic tilt
>>
>>39134522
OHP is in it anyway. This suggests to me you haven't even got to grips with the basic program. You're probably too retarded to lift I'm afraid.
>>
>>39134522
im gonna save you from 2 years of miserable gains and fatty looks.
>its called progressional ppl
>link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>>
>>39136168
nah its called reddit
>>
>>39134522
I'm sure you know better than Mark. Where can I get your book?
>>
>>39134648
Lel this.

OP keep at it, you'll figure it out eventually..
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.