[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts? is it possible to get fit this quick? https://img

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 18

File: dnaguy.png (430KB, 610x446px) Image search: [Google]
dnaguy.png
430KB, 610x446px
thoughts? is it possible to get fit this quick?

https://imgur.com/gallery/SucME
>>
Absolutely not
>>
>>39134475
>brosplit
pretty much all of these are the same. There is no magical one that is going to work or be noticeably better than any other.

The guy could be
>lying about time
>roiding
>really good genetics

Regardless the biggest part of his transformation was using more calories than he ate and lifting during that time. Not his magical brosplit he made up in his head with no programming knowledge.

Most experts agree that full body strength programming 3 days a week is best for beginners but do a split if you want. Just don't complain if you are weak/small by the end of it.
Just make sure to be pushing the weight up and EAT LESS THAN YOU USE.
>>
>>39134604
Actually looking again, this split looks worse than most.
>17 sets of curls on arm day
>>
>>39134475
Yeah 100% possible
And I actually think he did it the wrong way, he should have started lifting with a clean diet for a year. His current muscle mass is garbage considering how much bodyweight he had when he started
>>
>>39134661
When you're a fat fuck, being less fat faster looks more appealing than a slow transformation to kinda built. I'm cutting fat way down first, and then gonna bulk/cut normally. Being fat is a fucking miserable existence.

I'm still lifting, but I'm not expecting to hold any non existent muscle that I may have had before hand cause I'm on a big deficit.
>>
Never thought I'd see someone post a thread about me here! Anyway, say what you want about my routine, but my results are definitely possible. I'm not lying about time, nor have I used any drugs. I made that imgur post because people asked me to post my workout after they saw my progress pic. All I've ever said was that lifting during a cut is a good idea in order to preserve muscle at a calorie deficit. I never said that my workout was "the best," not have I suggested that anyone else adopt it. It's just a routine I came up with that works for me. I might change it up later if I feel like it. I also made an imgur post about my diet (because people asked for it, though I tried to make it more generic, since people were asking for my specific meals and I thought it would be better to give some general nutrition guidelines instead of having people try to eat exactly what I eat).
>>
>>39134661

>His current muscle mass is garbage considering how much bodyweight he had when he started

I'm not sure how you're making the connection between an obese person's weight and their muscle mass, but I was 247 lbs when I started, and it wasn't like I had some 225-lb bodybuilder hiding under all that fat... I weigh 157 lbs as of this morning. I just didn't have a lot of lean mass to begin with, but that has nothing to do with my lifting routine. I have some DEXA scan results taken 3 months apart during my cut that show me gaining 5.5 lbs of muscle over that time period. Sure, they're "newb gains," but that's still almost 2 lbs of muscle gain per month on a 1,500-calorie cut. That's garbage?
>>
>>39134475
I M P O S S I B L E
>>
>>39137082
cant enlarge
>>
File: DNAguy_CutProgress.jpg (3MB, 7650x1743px) Image search: [Google]
DNAguy_CutProgress.jpg
3MB, 7650x1743px
>>39134554

Haha, didn't notice your trip until just now. Nice try!

>>39136934

P O S S I B L E (pic related)
>>
>>39137157
Your skin tightened up a lot man. I know you're hating it, but fuck you did a great job. Think If you would have lost slower starting in August it would have been a little better?
>>
>>39134475
Yes. It's possible that most or all of the muscle in pic 2 was covered in fat but still there in pic 1. If that is the case, all the transformation required was losing 1-2 pounds per week, which is easy on a decent calorie deficit.
>>
>>39137179

Thanks, bud. Honestly, I don't think my loose skin would be any better if I had lost the weight slower. My skin is just physically larger from being overweight for so long. Skin is fairly elastic (to a point), but once it has incorporated a bunch of new cells to deal with excess amounts of fat stored underneath for long periods of time, it doesn't really have any "incentive" or means to significantly reduce in size once the fat is lost. I guess I can keep my fingers crossed that it will "tighten up" over time, but the reality is that I'll probably just have to have it surgically removed at some point.
>>
>>39137157
How much did you originally weigh?
>>
>>39137300
Probably the smallest amount of skin removal ever. Yours looks like you have a tiny amount of skin, not like a flap or anything. I've seen guys that have a flab that hits their dick. I've got stretch marks, and I hope I don't have loose skin, but that's the price for being fat I guess. Regardless, great job again bro. Saved your pics for motivation.
>>
Why are people amazed by this, its 9 months of eating at a calorie deficit.

He lost fat, did not gain any size at all is not ripped and still has a long way to go.

Some people must be fucking retarded if they think this is anything out of the ordinary.

You will be amazed at how much better you can look just by dropping fat.
>>
>>39137348
Post a pic of your body please
If it's so easy, surely have at least as much mass as he has
>>
>>39137396
Im not knocking his progress, he has done well but it is doable by anyone who eats right and exercises, 9 months is a very long time to lose weight.

But to accuse someone of steroids for sorting their shit out is silly, and i dont like putting images of myself up on here in case i am recognized.
>>
>>39137332

I weighed 247 lbs on January 1st. I'm 157 as of this morning, so I'm down 90 lbs.
>>
>>39137536
Good job, man. How tall are you?
>>
>>39136615
>>39136922
Everyone too scared to say anything now that he posted.

Stay beta, you fat fucks.

Also, good job, mate. Looking good.
>>
OP the question really is how much muscle he had under all that fat to begin with. You can lose fat very quickly and maintain most of your muscle. On the other hand, actually putting on muscle takes a long time.
>>
>>39137566

Thanks! I'm 5'11"
>>
>>39137663
>247 at 5'11''
holy shit man. good work
>>
File: riker.jpg (3KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
riker.jpg
3KB, 286x176px
>>39137663
>11''
gtfo midget
>>
Pretty solid stuff if legit and not aided by drugs. What bothers me is the timeframe and the lack of stretch marks. If he did lose it that quickly through brosplit hypertrophy and hard cutting without the drugz, I'd think there'd be stretch marks.
>>
>>39137702
Why would he get stretch marks from getting smaller?

You can clearly see his measurements are smaller, arms and forearms noticeably smaller.
>>
>>39137702
There are definitely stretch marks there bro. They do start to turn more skin colored the longer that they aren't :stretched" though.
>>
>>39137739
Why would he have stretch marks from being fat and cutting back into humanity? Because that's what happens? Am I insane?
>>39137741
I don't see them. I get that they can fade but this is a tight timeline here and he wouldn't have had time.
>>
>>39137771
You get stretch marks from getting fat not getting thin
>>
>>39137771
I would not gain stretch marks.

I was fat before too, and mine are hardly visible anymore.They go sort of pale after a while.

You can see his on his lower belly just to the side of his belly button.
>>
>>39137797
eh, i guess. The timeline though would make me think that they shouldn't be as faded.
>>39137792
right, i guess i'm getting at them being more visible when you do an aggressive cut.
>>
>>39137858
Nope they don't become more visible at all with weight loss
>>
>>39137869
fat can bury the stretch marks. Losing the weight puts them on center display. In regards to this dude, he had a fair amount of mass and I'd expect more stretch marks out of him for the accelerated timeline. Nothing about this transformation seems unreasonable but the stretch mark thing bothers me.
>>
I have plenty of stretch marks from back when I gained the weight. I've actually had them since high school/college. They are more visible under certain lighting and at certain angles.
>>
>>39136615

Hey man, congratulation for your change! I have a few questions for you:

At What time of the day you you lift?
Do you work/study/do other thing than lifting?

If you do, how do you manage to be productive the rest of the day?

I'm asking this because your routine seems very exigent. In my case I love to lift but once I finish I feel tired all day.
>>
>>39138004
How much loose skin do you have?
>>
>>39137906
>fat can bury the stretch marks

That doesn't even make sense
If anything pushes them out
>>
>>39138004
Alright fine, there we go. I bitch about stretch marks and you say it was good lighting. I can accept that.
>>
>>39138053
Why are you asking? You can it in >>39137157
>>
>>39138013

Thanks! I got my PhD last year, so I'm finally done with school (thank goodness). I do my lifting after work, at the gym downstairs. I work 8-4 (no lunch break), and then I hit the gym. That's the only real time it's feasible, since my workouts are about 1.5-2 hours, and I can't really do them in the middle of my workday. I do my best to be productive at work (especially since I don't use caffeine). I guess I just rely mainly on motivation.
>>
>>39138073
It's exactly why l'm asking. Looks like he's hiding it under his shorts.
>>
>>39138108
Only in his last pic
Look at the penultimate one
>>
File: 20161019_105307-1.jpg (2MB, 1868x2034px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_105307-1.jpg
2MB, 1868x2034px
I'll set the record straight for you guys with regard to the loose skin AND stretch marks...
>>
>>39138425
Looks worse there. Get the surgery. I'm sure you'll be happier with it bro. I don't think you'd have to get some extensive shit like a new belly button though.

I'm a dude, but I'd fuck you 10/10 times in this state compared to the old one. Don't feel down about it, just keep bulking and cutting. Maybe a little more mass in the midsection will help it too.
>>
File: newme.jpg (121KB, 667x786px) Image search: [Google]
newme.jpg
121KB, 667x786px
>>39138454

Thanks, man. The loose skin bothers me, but I'm much more pleased with the way I look in a shirt nowadays, so it's a fair trade. I'd get the surgery tomorrow if it wasn't so damn expensive! Gonna have to save up...
>>
>>39134475
Yeah, assuming you have some minimal amount of base strength already. Then it's just about cutting and basic tit/back training.
>>
>>39138537
Mind sharing your routine?

Great progress, dont let the loose skin get you down m8.
>>
>>39138607

Haha, thanks! This whole thread is about my routine, apparently. I'm the guy who made the imgur post that OP linked.
>>
>>39138537
Looking great man. Everybody is insecure about something. You look like a different person. I bet you feel a million times better too. I've dropped down to around 200 from almost exactly the same weight that you started out at. I'm also 5'11 too. I hope my skin doesn't hang loose, but if it does then no biggie. I think I may be a little more lucky cause my stomach didn't really sag like yours did. I think a lot of my fat was on my legs. I know for a fact that I feel like a new person already, can't imagine how it feels where you're at. I feel better in bus seats, plane rides, taking the train, walking around in a shirt. Just everything is better really. You're my inspiration to be honest man.
>>
>>39134475
He probably had some muscle when he was fat already. He just slimmed down a lot. Probably lost more fat than he gained in muscles during that time.
>>
File: 1475117756768.jpg (4KB, 140x135px) Image search: [Google]
1475117756768.jpg
4KB, 140x135px
Of course it's possible you dumb fuccbois. Yall just lazy af like boogie. There was another progress pic who started this year and made the same gains
>>
File: 1465395257768.png (131KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1465395257768.png
131KB, 353x334px
5 and 6 sets. How did he never get tendonitis from overuse
>>
>>39138773
Light weights, baby
>>
>>39138654

I really appreciate that, dude. I just want to say that I don't think I'm "special" and I don't see myself as some sort of fitness expert. I'm just a guy who lost some weight by eating properly and lifting. I've posted my progress picture in the CBT/transformation threads lately, but I was pretty blown away to see that someone started a thread about me. It's definitely flattering! I'm sad that there are people who are skeptical of my results, but it is what it is. If my progress can inspire just a few people to change their lives for the better, then I'm happy. I haven't reached my goals yet, but I'm getting there, and I know I'm not alone in that regard. Just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you the best of luck with your progress!
>>
>>39137702
I can vouch for the drug freeness of his progress. I've made the same progress myself. The only naked picture of me as a fatass is from a sex vid stashed on my old laptop an ocean away but it was pretty close to his starting point (5'8 205lbs)
>>
>>39138425
Why is loose skin so unbearably gay? Like, what can't it just go away over time? Surgery is too expensive for my blood.
>>
>>39138833
I've bulked for 8 months and I am now in the middle of a cut. When I reach the same weight before the bulk I'll try to see if the more mass=less loose skin meme is true.
>>
>>39138839

>meme

Yeah it's a meme that if you inflate more air into a baloon the rubber is stretched tighter
>>
>>39138856
I'd like to see how far the truth of the meme is. It will be kinda silly if you get all that excess skin removed and then get stretched again out when you accumulate muscle mass.
>>
>>39138885
>stretched out again
>>
>>39137157
This is only 10lbs a month. Not only is it possible, it's still borderline healthy. It looks drastic because his fat distribution is terrible.
>>
>>39138839

I can see the logic behind "filling out" loose skin with muscle, but the problem lies in the fact that most loose skin is located on the stomach, which is one of the few areas that doesn't really get bulky with muscle. Arms, legs, and chest? Sure. But I doubt a person could get abs big enough to fill out the loose belly skin from years of obesity.
>>
i'm 210 6', started at 220 a month ago, but i have similar tits to your starting position and i was worried they would never look normal without surgery
gives me hope
>>
>>39139828
>which is one of the few areas that doesn't really get bulky with muscle
I am hoping the loose skin will be stretched as your lats, erectors, and other muscles in your torso grow, though 8 months bulking as a natty would probably give very little mass to stretch the skin. Any difference is a win this round tho. I'm looking at how far I can take it before resorting to surgery.
>>
File: 1476405954876.jpg (25KB, 361x370px) Image search: [Google]
1476405954876.jpg
25KB, 361x370px
>>39139828

Hey DNA, did you start on this routine?
I'm down 30 lbs and I've only been doing cardio so far, but In the last week I started doing a lightly modified SS 3x a week, but I still don't know if it's worth my time, and I want a routine that's going to give me results 8 months down the road
>>
>>39141488
>lightly modified SS
Can you please not
>>
File: Bruuuce.jpg (23KB, 365x353px) Image search: [Google]
Bruuuce.jpg
23KB, 365x353px
>>39138425
shouldn't that be possible to fill out with bigger obliques
>>
>>39141540

See this is the issue, I don't know where to start.
All I did was add in pull ups and OHP
>>
>>39141571
>I don't know where to start.
Read the sticky, download the ebook of Starting Strength, or just pick any of the other beginner routines and don't """modify""" it.
>>
Wow, this thread is still alive! Thought I'd stop by in between sets (another glorious shoulder day) and see what was going on.

>>39141488

Yes, this is the only routine I've done since I started lifting on my cut. Whether you follow mine or not is completely up to you (most people will probably tell you not to use mine because brosplits are evil). If you're eating at a calorie deficit and trying to preserve muscle (or possibly build a little, if you're new to lifting), keep your protein intake high and pick a routine that works your muscles hard that you can do faithfully. You won't be gaining a bunch of muscle on a cut, but you can definitely see results in terms of definition, and if you do those two things, you'll keep your body from eating away at your muscles while you drop fat. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
>>
>>39141488

Congrats on the weight loss, btw!
>>
>>39134475
i think it could be possible, however i dont think that his skin(body) would be that tight. often people who are very fat and then get fit have an excess of skin folds(form the fat) on their bodies.
>>
File: images.png (1KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
1KB, 90x90px
DNAbro do you have a gf?
>>
>>39142176

Actually, I've been married to my qt3.14 wife for over 7 years. She never cared about my weight, even at my heaviest. However, she's very supportive of my fitness goals. When I started cutting, I gave her a piece of paper with my calorie/macro needs written on it, and every evening when I get home from work, she has prepared a tasty new meal that meets my requirements. The other day it was marinated pork loin, butter beans with turkey bacon, and broccoli with a goat cheese crumble. I'm a lucky guy!
>>
File: 1474228824790.jpg (2MB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1474228824790.jpg
2MB, 3840x2560px
>>39142316
>I'm a lucky guy!
FOR YOU
>>
File: 1476753580674.jpg (589KB, 1886x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1476753580674.jpg
589KB, 1886x1508px
>>39142331

...Thanks? I gotta be honest -- I don't get it.

Since I'm here anyway, can I get some opinions on my legs? Are they pretty good for a 5'11" guy under 160 lbs?
>>
>>39142966
They're small for an exfat but big
>>
>>39134475
>>39137157

Good motivation for plenty of people, good trip.

And >>39137348 I'm sorry but you are flat out stupid if you think losing 90lb's is something to dismiss as ordinary. Ordinary is something that you see happening every day around you. Have you been to a shopping mall, restaurant, or even in a public place at all in the last decade? What *is* "ordinary" is for people to continually *gain* weight and get further out of shape. This is the opposite of what has happened here. So much negativity in this world, fuck.
>>
>>39138075

Thanks for your reply! Any other hobby besides gym?
>>
>>39143908

Thanks, man! I appreciate it. I've seen you in a few CBT threads lately. Definitely mirin', dude!

>>39144756

No prob! Lately lifting has been my biggest hobby, but I've had tons of different interests over the years. SCUBA diving, camping, shooting, and building models, to name a few. In my spare time these days I usually watch Netflix with my wife or play a few games with friends on my PC. How bout you?
>>
File: 1471060496566.png (305KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
1471060496566.png
305KB, 960x541px
>>39144855
hey, what's your height?
I probably saw it before but forgot about it.
Also, how do I get a qt3.14 wife that will prepare my meals, so I don't have to do it anymore at the silence of the kitchen...
>>
File: 1400396783766.jpg (14KB, 354x273px) Image search: [Google]
1400396783766.jpg
14KB, 354x273px
>>39137157
yeah i have a question, did you have a gf at any given time on the picture
>>
>>39134475
Its possible. Here's my own in 5 months time. 189 to 151 , 5'11
Good job to DNA guy
>>
>>39134475
Absolutely. Nothing about this seems unrealistic given the timeframes given and weight he's at now.
>>
>>39144934

I'm 5'11". As for finding a beautiful loving wife, all I can say is keep looking until the right one comes along. When you find her, be good to her, and don't let her go!

>>39144964

No gf, but I was married the whole time.

>>39144976

Thanks, man! Awesome transformation on your part! Really inspirational.
>>
File: 1474031098959322400.png (4KB, 222x211px) Image search: [Google]
1474031098959322400.png
4KB, 222x211px
>>39145038
as ministers of the r9k and fit corporation i declare your weight loss progress as meaningless because you had support from a loving non family releated person
>>
I'm interested in your meals, what did/do you eat?
what was your diet like during these last months?
>>
>>39145038
You look shorter in those pics
>tfw I'm 5'8
I'll probably commit sepukku
Thanks anyways
>>
>>39145038
Thank you, we both made it
>>
>>39143908

it's only unordinary because people don't have the will to fucking do it. THAT'S what is unordinary.

the guy had a daily deficit of about 1000 calories. right?

a lb of fat is 3500 calories.

90lbs of fat is 315,000 calories.

10 months is 300 days or so.

that's 1000 calories a day.

calories in... calories out. WILLPOWER is what is 'extraordinary' here.

oh wait i think you weren't disagreeing with me.

not deleting all that i just wrote tho, posting it.
>>
>>39145064

I accept your decision. I'm the future, I shall endeavor to lose weight in complete isolation, in accordance with the will of the corporation. Please accept my apologies.

>>39145087

I don't really feel like listing out my meals, but my overall diet is 1,500 calories per day (45% protein, 30% fats, 25% carbs). I eat homemade meals prepared from whole foods, Combat Crunch bars (because they're delicious, convenient, and I like the nutritional profile), and I drink whey protein shakes. I weigh all my food in order to count calories accurately, and I never eat out at restaurants (because it's impossible to figure out how many calories are truly in a plate of food at a restaurant). I drink 240 ounces of water a day (I use Crystal Light drink packets to give it some flavor here and there). That's about it. No "cheat days." I don't get hungry, and I never really crave anything.

>>39145099

It's all good, man. Don't let the height-obsessed attitude here on /fit/ get you down. There's nothing wrong with being 5'8".
>>
>>39145244
>I don't get hungry, and I never really crave anything.
now that IS extraordinary...
>>
File: 1464115886247.png (258KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1464115886247.png
258KB, 635x457px
>>39134475
>url is literally SucME
>>
>>39145038
>married
>brosplit
>types like a faggot

Why don't you use reddit? Serious question.
>>
>>39142966
show hams tho

cant see no deadlift in the routine
>>
File: 1.jpg (523KB, 2496x1872px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
523KB, 2496x1872px
>>39144976
>https://imgur.com/gallery/SucME

WTF mirin, post routine and diet meow!
>>
>>39137348
I've seen people who drop weight that fast and their body looks good in clothes... But like shit other wise. Hanging stomach and bat wings. You ever see that post of a girl asked to send post weight loss pictures to share or some similar magazine, and she sent them a pic where she wears a bra and pants showing how her body was basically decimated. They rejected her outright because it didn't fall into the fat to fit ideal of abs and a perfect body through hard work. It is possible, but there's a lot of people that will be fucked on the road to fitness and their perceived ideal.

I hope I don't have a skin bag after cutting.
>>
>>39138425
That's still amazing! Great job!
>>
>>39146257
>she succ me
>>
>>39137300
mad scientist here

in a nutshell, yeah, those excess cells aren't going to disappear for anything less than a few healthy doses of krokodil BUT.... well, hear me out.

You can't get rid of them, bt you can force them to redistribute themselves--right now, your front-butt has a vastly greater concentration of cells than your surroundings... and even cells are bound to concentration gradients. I could go on a very long talk about the nature of yerr dermis and its underlying adipose mass & fascial structures are way too oversaturated in connective tissue, and how your body will slowly 'remodel' it, and doing so is a function of creating a biphasic cycle of generally oxidative/glycolitic metabolism in order to elicit strong IGFBP-1/IGFBP-4, -5, -6 concentrations following exercise that will 'extreme makeover' the extracellular matrices all across your front-ass, and othe rthings, but i am tired, drunk, and not looking forward to /fit getting on my ass over shit they don't understand so i'll leave it at this: those cells will do their best to spread out, and I think you'll be impressed with how capable they are long term (those new muscles, especially around your joints? yeah, your old-skin and new-skin didn't 'just so happen to line up perfectly except for that one place'). There's a ceiling to how much smoothing over your body can do, but you can't really know what that is until probably a dozen bulk/cut cycles....your body is constantly in the mode of remodelling/maintaining its connective tissue, and while it goes very slowly, you can speed it up by mixing it up. Think about this as if you have a bunch of pebbles or some shit on a blanket or a table or something. There's you before, with a whole bunch in a large area, and then like a monkey does a backflip onto the blanket, all of a sudden you have a lot less blanket area but the same number of rocks. You shake it, it evens out. The shaking is alternating between oxidative/glycolytic metabolic states.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.