[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is SS+GOMAD a meme or does it actually work? What other beginner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: mark-rippetoe.jpg (72KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
mark-rippetoe.jpg
72KB, 800x532px
Is SS+GOMAD a meme or does it actually work? What other beginner programs would you recommend?
>>
SS + GOMAD is great if you're a skeleton struggling to gain mass
>>
>>39132838

SS is a meme if your goal is to be shredded. Not a meme if you want to get strong fast
>>
>>39132838

It works if you're the target audience (ie a scrawny bastard who needs to get bigger in a real hurry, body composition be damned).

That isn't most people. Most people should be doing a beginners program on a more reasonable calorie intake.
>>
>>39132838
My squat went from 90 lbs arbitrary starting weight to 350 on SS GOMAD. Bench went to 230. Put on a reasonable amount of fat, but I was inconsistent with workouts and did GOMAD even when I didn't end up working out because I always told myself I'd make it up first thing in the morning or whatnot.
>>
>>39132838
Here's a quick guide to deciding if you should do SS/GOMAD

Do you like how Rippetoe's body looks?

If yes, do SS

If no, do something else
>>
>>39132838
If you want to get strong then yes SS+GOMAD objectively works
>>
>>39132838
GreySkull LP, its in the sticky
Here is the pdf:
http://a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf

youre welcome
>>
>>39135026
rip doesn't drink milk and doesn't do SS, though.
>>
>>39132966
and getting shredded is fastest when you're strong as fuck

someone outlifting someone else by a factor of 2 will put on more mass in less time and grow muscle faster

you can do your curls and lat isolations if you want to, but think about who's going to have better progress, 40lbs curl or 80 lbs curl?
>>
>>39132979
>That isn't most people
GOMAD is directed at 18 to 30-year-old males who weigh 150lbs and want to become strong.
/fit/ is one of the few places where that IS most people.
>>
File: IMG_20161009_120442.jpg (50KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161009_120442.jpg
50KB, 320x320px
So im doing SS right now. I don't understand the bad hype it gets. Ivd broken through plateaus on squat, bench, and OHP. The information, cues, and explanations in the book by Rip are phenomenal and have helped me correct and tighten up my form time and time again.

Rip is not a nutritionist. The GOMAD recommendation is for skinny high schoolers trying to make their football team.

I feel SKIM milk is super underrated (lots of vitamins, minerals, and 8g protein per 8oz serving), an ENTIRE gallon a day is preposterous. I have been sticking to about 24 oz of skim milk as a part of a slight caloric surplus and have seen tremendous gains in the program.

Not trying to be a Rippetoe apologist, but if you read the book (seriously, read the fucking book, its the best 30 bucks youll spend if youre serious about barbell training) and follow the program youll get great results as a novice
>>
>>39137354
>$30
The app is $9 and includes the book
>>
>>39137354
nice bait
>>
>>39137379
Ahhh fuck. Ah well, im old school i guess, i like having a hard copy to refer back to

>>39137392
No bait, just my personal experience. Everyone has different opinions amd experiences, just sharing mine
>>
>>39137354

Nigger dont you understand that SS is a meme is a meme?
>>
>>39137445
I guess i was trolled by the ubermenschtroll
>>
>>39137354
>Not trying to be a Rippetoe apologist, but if you read the book (seriously, read the fucking book, its the best 30 bucks youll spend if youre serious about barbell training) and follow the program youll get great results as a novice
lmao squat shoes are the best investment if you're serious about barbell training

source: Starting Strength
>>
SS is good for anyone who lifts less than 1/2/3/4.
GOMAD is good for underweight young men. And nobody else.
>>
File: doubledragon_neo.png (27KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
doubledragon_neo.png
27KB, 320x224px
Stronglifts 5x5

What is your opinion about this? I really dig the simple and to the point plan. But can you really reccomend that for a newcomer?
>>
>>39137755
It's shit and you should feel bad for asking this.
Do SS like a true alpha
>>
>>39136978
I am 143 lbs and swim on a high level. Where is your god now ?
>>
What's ss
>>
>>39141163

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.