[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is squatting in the Smith machine really that bad? I have a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20161018-153801.jpg (778KB, 1220x923px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161018-153801.jpg
778KB, 1220x923px
Is squatting in the Smith machine really that bad? I have a lot of trouble with form no matter how light weight I go and I get a lot of knee and back pain (old back injury) and the Smith machine helps me out tremendously. Seems like a perfectly good alternative to the traditional back squat. Yeah it's not quite as good because of stabilizers and whatnot but it can't be as bad as /fit/ makes it out to be.
>>
smiths are intended for people with injuries/liftbabbies

if you fall into the former category you shouldn't worry about using it
>>
/fit/ overexaggerates a lot of shit, take it with a grain of salt
>>
Need some help bros,

My gym only has smith machines due to people stealing the barbells and benches, so now I'm stuck with squatting on a smith machine.

It's about 5 tokens for 30 minutes, plus another 4 tokens for my plates. I'm down 9 tokens and I only get about 2 to 3 sets before it shuts down and I have to put in another 5 tokens.

Is there any alternative? I'm trying to save up as many tokens as possible.
>>
>>39129101
Squat faster
>>
>>39129101
How the fuck do you walk out with a barbell or bench without someone saying something
>>
>>39129101
Is this a new meme or something?
>>
If it hurts don't do it. Smith is fine. You'll still make gains. If you're not training to be a power lifter then don't sweat it to hard.
>>
>>39129101
Tokens?
Are you in some next third world country
Or the wrong part of town
>>
>>39129026
something something stabilizers
>>
>>39129138
kek, this
>>
It's just a machine, and thus has the same limitations of any machine versus its free weight counterpart. It just gets a particularly bad rep because it's usually in the free weight section of most gyms.
>>
File: 1411473209798.jpg (121KB, 900x680px) Image search: [Google]
1411473209798.jpg
121KB, 900x680px
>>39129101
I've noticed I can put nickels instead of tokens at my gym. Call me a jew but I can't afford the lifts anymore now that I'm squatting 4pl8 plus need extra rest between sets
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.