[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was raised in a bubble my parents did EVERYTHING for me and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1474473333281.png (406KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1474473333281.png
406KB, 601x601px
I was raised in a bubble
my parents did EVERYTHING for me and spoiled me
my social skills and confidence to do or say anything while out alone is stunted beyond hope
I've become an insomniac and can hardly focus at the gym and classes anymore
I'm asking on here because I have nobody to turn to
is there some sort of drug or therapy that can help me with my social anxiety issues
the negative voice in my head ALWAYS wins
>>
>>39121274

When I feel bad, I just get some 2.5lb plates from the dispenser and rep out as many as I can, bringing a token profit, allowing me to play in the ball pit for hours.

I suggest you do the same so long as it's not on a school night.
>>
Psychedelics.
Talking to people.
Meditation
>>
>>39121274
Take SSRI
Drink more water
Get enough sleep
Chill the fuck out
Take a break from school
Do your cardio, at least 45min
Figure yourself out
Talk to people
Strive for positive mindset

You got this mein negro. Life is pretty cool if you let it be
>>
>>39121274
Yes, anon, you should definitely blame others for your problems instead of owning and working to sort them out.

Good work.
>>
>>39121274
Learn to ignore the negative voice and challenge it. The way I did it was by wearing things I don't normally do, talking to any random stranger and ending the conversation with a laugh, and doing activities I thought could be fun but was always too shy to do so. The more you get out of your comfort zone and do things your negative voice says, the less inclined you feel about listening to that voice. Another method I use is visualization of you pr rep on deads or bench, then use that adrenaline to push forward into scary situations.
>>
>>39121274
join the army or marines or some shit like that
>>
>>39121297
>>39121419
>>39121462
thanks for the advice anons

>>39121439
i already know blaming others does not help me, but i'm trying to better myself. I mention the fact that i lived in a bubble so that maybe someone else who has a similar background can relate and help me
>>
The only thing that you can do to move forward is to lose your fear of failure, which you do by failing, a lot.
>>
>>39121274
Exposure builds resistance, anon.
You have to get out there, you have to realize that the first few contacts you will make will be failures, these failures will teach you what not to do until, eventually, through process of elimination, learn what you should do
>>
>>39121274
>is there some sort of drug or therapy that can help me with my social anxiety issues
Yes it's called therapy. Go see a psychiatrist if you are this anxious and if you decide not to see one then your anxiety was just temporary.
>>
>>39121274
Hey anon check out this server: https://discord.gg/AAhJ6eR it's a community of similar people. (ignore the name plenty of people aren't neets)
>>
Call random places and just shoot the shit
>>
>>39121274
I used to blame my parents for that but eventually you have to come to terms, that you're a beta autist. My parents treated my brothers the same as me so they didn't have any advantage over me but they still became chads.
>>
>>39121295

I'm not tall enough for the ball pit
>>
>>39121274
I feel for you brother, best thing to do is practice. Go out and buy something from the deli, go pickup a meal, literally little things until they seem natural and progress like that, it might not be easy right now but it will get easier. Baby steps anon
>>
Adderall is your freind OP
I'm in the same boat
I'm an addict probably but the great thing about adderall is that addicts are just like normal people but highly functional
>>
>>39121465
Great idea....
>>
>>39121274
Yea, your parents fucked you up by being TOO GOOD to you.

Get over yourself, you fucking retarded basement dwelling faggot.
>>
>>39121274
I hear you anon. I was an only child and my parents were helpful and supportive to a fault. Like they (figuratively) held my hand through everything because they never wanted me to fail - so i never did. This kind of fucked my confidence and put the idea in my head that i couldn't do anything myself. I'm 23 and feel like a fucking child compared to many of my peers because I find it really hard to act my age and do things for myself.

Even applying for and getting a full time job was an absolute nightmare and a huge ordeal, whereas my friends were excited and had fun doing it. I don't want to move out of my parents house because I like the comfort and security that comes with it, but I feel like it is seriously stunting my growth.

I don't really know what my point is here except that I totally get where you're coming from. Getting seriously into lifting over the past couple years has really helped me in terms of my confidence and proving that i can do things for myself, but I still have a long way to go.
>>
>>39124861
Too much of anything can be bad.
>>
>>39124707

Funniest fucking response possible.
>>
>>39124880
And too little of anything can be bad. Even things in moderation can be bad.
>>
>>39121274
Anon, tell us the following so we have a starting point for advice:
>How did your parents spoil you?
Describe your childhood in a few sentences
>Do you live at home/with your parents?
Just describe your general living situation
>How old are you, and what are your daily activities?
>Did you have any romantic interests in high school?
Were any feelings you had unrequited, or did you have any success?
>Do you have any friends? What is your social life like?
No real friends, some close friends, or just acquaintances?
>How many hours of sleep do you get per night? Are some nights worse than others?
Explain in detail when you sleep. Hours you actually fall asleep, when you wake up, and whether you feel like it's usually restful or not. Do you have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or a combination of both? Following your ACTUAL sleep patterns,
>Why do you think you can't sleep?
List any reasons you have such difficulty sleeping. Physical pain? Mind just won't stop at night? Too twitchy/restless or not tired enough during normal sleep hours? General anxiety about your day to day life?
>Have you tried therapy before?
Have you actually been diagnosed by a professional with anything that would impact your life negatively? Could be mental, physical, whatever (nutrient deficiency, actually diagnosed insomnia, long term physical injury, psychological state). Finally,
>Is the voice in your head metaphorical, or has it actually manifested as some sort of negative entity your perceive in your mind?
This last one seems really Freudian, I know, but it will help to know what this negative influence is that's holding you back

Tell us more and anons can give you more specific advice. I know I can help you with your insomnia if you give more details.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.