[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a skinny guy, how can I get relatively fit? I don't want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: a.jpg (15KB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
15KB, 394x297px
As a skinny guy, how can I get relatively fit? I don't want to get ripped, I just want some reasonable muscle definition.
Is there any way that I can do this at home? The only equipment that I have is a pull up bar, dumbbells and a bench press.

I tried to come up with some kind of routine last year, but all the different information and guides were overwhelming and each one promised different results that sounded too good to be true.

I just want a simple, effective full body routine that is easy to understand and doesn't require going to the gym.
>>
>>39121131
Isn't there a sticky for this?
>>
>>39121131

post height, weight, and token amount.
>>
>>39121131
hammer curls
standing dumbbell curls
skull crushers
lateral raises
dumbbell flies
chin ups
eat 500+ TDEE for 3 months and work out for 3 months 4/5 days a week.
See noob gains.
>>
>>39121527
Not OP, but he's got my exact situation.

Would I do these all in the same day, take a one day break, and then do it again?
>>
>>39121553
Yup.
I did these for three months to get noob gains before attempting compounds. Also, add in dumbbell rows.
>>
>>39121131
yes you have everything you need and more look up startbodyweight.com it´s not the absolute best progression available but it´s very helpful if you don´t know where to go also antranik.org check out how to progress with bodyweight training
>>
>>39121589
I've been doing standing dumbbell curls in my room just as SOMETHING prior to getting an actual routine.

I've got 30 lb dumbbells and I can do 10 reps, 9 reps, and 7 reps on my three sets. What kind of weight should I throw on and how many reps should I do for strength gain?
>>
>>39121632
Do you have dumbbells that allow weight addition?
If not, then I don't see how to add more weight. For strength gains, do wrist curls, dumbbell shoulder press, concentration curls, so that you're not using momentum for each rep. I guess goblet squats if you want to get the feel of a squat.
Strength would be more for barbell routines.
>>
>>39121672
Yes, ive got 30lbs on my adjustable dumbbells, lots of extra plates to throw around too.
>>
>>39121686
I would add 5 pounds every 1 or 2 weeks. Depending on whether you can complete 3x10
>>
>>39121720
Once ive reached being able to do a full 3x10, I usually add 5 lbs. Should I stick to that?
>>
>>39121736
yes. But remember, some exercises take longer to move up so that's fine.
My lateral raises took forever to improve. Because it's a bigger range of motion and not a common movement for a person's arm
>>
>>39121759
I gotcha. Thanks for the advice.

Some of those exercised you posted work the same set of muscles. Is that all good, I mean, I would think that going into a fresh exercise with the muscles weakened would be bad.

Am I wrong in thinking that, or do you mix it up somehow to lessen that effect?
>>
>>39121902
You mix it up. But generally speaking it isn't bad.
I do hammer curls, skull crushers, preacher curls, dumbbell flies, and lateral raises every time I go to the gym. Sometimes I don't do one or the other. But mind you, this is what I do personally. I've had horrible arms/chest/shoulders and in general upper body my whole life. So maybe I'm focusing too much on that. After some time, look up routines here. SS, PPL, some variants of texas method, greyskull, etc.
Then you can add in whatever you want.
I'm just giving you a peek of my custom template. (currently on greyskull)
>>
as a fitness beginner, is picking up an adjustable pair of 20kg dumbbells a reasonable starting point given that i can do standing curls with probably 5kg bricks for 10/20/70
am i likely to outgrow 20kg each before the cost is really justified? can you even buy adjustable dumbbells much heavier than that with reasonable weight increments?
similarly, how heavy should a barbell be relative to dumbbells?
lastly, necessity of squat rack? may as well get one built-into a basic-ass bench?
>>
>>39122649
The way I see it, if you're going for aesthetics, just get a bench with an adjustable barbell and adjustable dumbbells. Search online for what you're looking for.
Unless you have the room for a squat rack and the money, go for it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.