[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay guys I need some advice. I'm not quite sure what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2945.jpg (50KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2945.jpg
50KB, 1200x630px
Okay guys I need some advice. I'm not quite sure what's going on because I've created quite a calorie deficit but I actually am putting on weight - not losing it.
I weigh 210 lbs and am about 13-14% body fat. I lead a moderately active lifestyle but make sure to go to the gym every day and only consume healthy calories - about 1800 a day on average. Yet at my weigh in this week, without any real reason, I weigh 5 lbs more!

Any advice on how to better cut the fat?
>>
Sucks bro
>>
>>39114842
You're not 14%
>>
>>39114889
Unless every measurement I take is wrong (doubtful), it can't be far off from that.

Nonetheless, at an active lifestyle and only healthy calories of 1800 or less a day, it doesn't make sense to put on weight
>>
>>39114889
How tall are you?
>>
>>39115050
Almost 6'1
>>
File: Untitled.png (42KB, 1720x770px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
42KB, 1720x770px
Hi OP. You're delusional. Learn how to count.
>>
>>39115199
obviously someone needs to learn the difference between BMI and body fat percentage..
>>
Water weight maybe
>>
>>39115199
BMI is a useless calculation. Someone in amazing shape could be obese by BMI. Body fat percent is what I was referring to in my post
>>
>>39115258
>>39115245
This dude isn't in amazing shape. Trust me.
>>
>>39115275
I'm just saying that 210 and 14% body fat isn't that unlikely if he has a decent amount of muscle.
To answer OP's question, it could be water weight but I doubt it. Examine your eating you may be taking in more than you're aware of. I would be surprised to see you gain with that little intake if you're as active as you say
>>
>>39115329
The dude doesn't know how to count calories and he's asking for cutting advice so no, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'd bet anything he's not 13-14% bf.

To answer OP's question, throwaway everything you know about counting calories and learn it over again. Calculate your tdee, eat at a caloric deficit relative to it. You have to count ***correctly***, which you obviously aren't doing.
>>
>>39115373
OP here,

I only make my food at home - don't eat out. I portion out every single thing properly using a food scale to ensure accuracy and follow serving sizes like they're my religion - track everything in my phone on the myfitnesspal app to keep the record of it all.

I'm really not sure how I could possibly be making an error in calorie counting
>>
>>39115373
OP again,

According to the TDEE calculator on here, it calculates to over 3200 calories a day. Even if I were miscounting on my calories, there would be no way I were misplacing literally a minimum of 1200 calories a day - and that would be to break even on my TDEE.
>>
>>39115426
bullshit. you gained 5 pounds in a week. That's a caloric surplus of aprox 17500. You don't "accidentally" consume 17500 calories. Maybe you're accidentally drinking them. Maybe you're not weighing yourself at the same time each day, as we're lighter in the morning typically etc. etc.
>>39115465
17500 calories accidentally consumed? You're making awful counting mistakes. If none of the previous shit i said is the problem, you're probably using bad numbers on myfitnesspal. Use a site like http://www.wolframalpha.com/ and go through your meal plan again start to finish. You're aiming for 2700-2200 calories if that tdee is right.
>>
>>39114990
> it doesn't make sense

That's absolutely correct, it does not make sense. The only explanation is that the laws of physics are repealed where they meet your body. This is an astonishing revelation, something we need to study for the betterment of mankind. You should alert the scientific community and the media. People need to know that the miraculous is tangible, that up is down, black is white, and that thermodynamics is just an hilarious sham.

Congrats on your newfound significance.
>>
>>39115491
You think I would ask for advice if I could make sense of it that easily?

I'm a diabetic, I don't drink soda or unhealthy drinks. I only drink water and protein shakes post workout (which I account for in my calorie counts)
For breakfast I have two eggs (70 cals a piece) with two slices of wheat toast (again, 70 a piece) - a total of 280 calories. For lunch, turkey (75 cals) low fat mayo (30 cals) wheat bread (140 cals) baked lays (checked on a scale to ensure serving size of 120 cals) a protein shake (300 cals) and for dinner it averages around 600-700 calories.

Literally no other calorie intake all day. That's 1645 which is on the low end for the TDEE calculation but still does not make sense to put on any weight.
>>
>>39114842
>I've created quite a calorie deficit but I actually am putting on weight

No, you didn't.
>>
>>39115584
If you aren't taking it in through stupid drinks then you've miscounted your intake. I'm not going to sit here and run through your diet plan with you unless you're looking to paypal me cash. Go through yourself and recalculate your whole diet with a different source than myfitnesspal and figure it out. Notice how people are making fun of your claim to defy the laws of physics? It's impossible. You fucked up somewhere, go find it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.