[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shy as fuck >get a gym membership >too many stares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1475000056258.jpg (2MB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1475000056258.jpg
2MB, 2400x3600px
>shy as fuck
>get a gym membership
>too many stares but manage my machine workouts anyway
>do that for 3 months
>decide that I need to start lifting
>get super self aware and think that everyone is staring my done, judging me and laughing about me
>quit my first set, get up and leave
>haven't been to the gym ever since
>it's been 2 months
Help me, bros.

I think that my form is shit, I don't lift enough and everyone will stare me down. My gym is really small, so equipment is rare and everyone seens the rest of the guys working out.
>>
only one way to fight through this

work out wearing a banana suit and that will distract them away from the barbell you're using
>>
>>39114039
Pull your head out of your ass numbnuts, nobody cares about your dyel numbers.
>>
Yes they are judging you and laughing at you
>>
>>39114039
baka at all these faggots that think anybody actually gives a shit about them.

newsflash kiddo... NOBODY IS LOOKING AT YOU AND NO ONE COULD CARE LESS

are you really that self-centered that you think you stick out in anybodys minds?

people see you and they think, just another fag in the gym

people are too focused on their own workout and what THEY look like to give a fuck about anybody else for more than 5 seconds.

if you don't go and improve, how are you supposed to eve rmake gains and get better at the lifts? you're not going to achieve anything by not going, you may as well not even waste your time thinking about it or imaghining it if youre not even going to go.

suck it up and quit being a child
>>
No one cares and even if they did that's no reason to give up on your goals. Go back.
>>
>>39114110
I've seen two guys looking at me and they were laughing.
>>
>>39114060

> work out wearing a banana suit and that will distract them away from the barbell you're using

/thread
>>
>>39114131
and? just ignore the faggots, they have no bearing on your success.

im sorry but if you can't even work up the nerve to get your ass in the gym, you will NEVER MAKE IT.

you can't even take the first step, getting your ass in the gym. you are so much more pathetic than the 400 pound lardass sweating his ass off on the treadmill.

you are too scared to even take the first step to achieve your goal, you might as well kill yourself man.

tldr get the fuck in the gym
>>
>>39114171
>you can't even take the first step, getting your ass in the gym. you are so much more pathetic than the 400 pound lardass sweating his ass off on the treadmill.
I was at the gym for 3 months doing just machine stuff. So you are wrong in that aspect.
>>
>>39114183

Why are you still replying every non troll answer is the same. Go back to the gym, do your thing and stop letting sad cunts affect your mental state. How the fuck can you spend literally months stagnating over this flimsy bullshit? Explain yourself.
>>
Shit, 3 months? You could already be pulling semi-decent numbers if you started with a decent beginner program instead of playing around with machines.

If I were you I would start watching how to deadlift, squat, bench, overhead press videos on youtube tonight and then proceed to try some of those exercises tomorrow
>>
>>39114183
and now youre sitting at home because you are afraid of the big baddies at the gym who you think giggled at you...

keep picking at my words, the point remains: if you give up on your goals just becuase of what someone else MIGHT be thinking about you, you are doomed to fail.

in fact, the way you post, I can telll, you have a losers mentality... you are just looking for an excuse to give up and fail this whole time... grow up and GET BACK IN THE GYM TO ACHIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE
>>
I have the same problem. I even spent half an hour outside before walking into sing up, kek.
Now I'm in another country and I have to start again.
>>
Everybody started where u did
>>
>>39114039
Just go dude. You're never gonna make progress if you don't go.
>>
>>39114039
OP dont worry about people looking at you. You don't even lift, you're not even big enough to see
>>
Are you a woman?
>>
First go to a psychologist. Tell him exactly what you posted here and ask him to help you with your social anxiety.
>>
>>39114280
>ask him to help you with your social anxiety.
Does it get better
>>
>>39114294
there are tons of drugs for it. some are bound to work. best one of all is to realize it's all in your head and say fuck it
>>
>>39114342
I don't want drugs, neither recreational ones nor medication

I do try to do my thing, but social anxiety (though I don't like to diagnose myself) has been a problem all of my life
>>
>>39114294
No. Some people were born low IQ so they don't realize people judge them whenever they see them. We call them happy people. And then there's us who are aware and have to live like this.
>>
>>39114384
i wasn't talking about drugs. i was talking about shit that the doctors can prescribe for it.

if you really have it you should def. go to one and tell them. depending on the severeness they will then prescribe you some shit and probably send you to CBT
>>
>>39114385
>>39114408
I don't care what people in general think of me, but it's very difficult for me to go to a place regularly and see the same people, which led to me becoming a quitter (school, many different courses that I took because school was too much...). It's much easier for me to be around people I know I'm not seeing again.

Dunno if that's what social anxiety is about
>>
>>39114039
Trust me, nobody who is actually doing any actual work in the gym is watching you.

If anybody is watching you, just know you're better than them because you're actually trying to better yourself.
>>
I definitely watch people in between sets, and I accept that they are watching me in between their sets. Life goes on.
>>
>>39114385
Poor soul or troll.

People with low or high IQs can have social fobia or social anxiety. Its a matter of biology and your context. Drugs help a lot and therapy may forever change your life for the best.

Hope the best for you OP.
>>
>>39114794
Literally this.
I scope other people's form, see if they are doing anything wrong. I make a note not to do that myself. But I don't judge the person, just their movements. I'm sure that's how they treat me too.
>>
File: Johnny_Executivos.jpg (44KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny_Executivos.jpg
44KB, 399x600px
>>39114794
So much this.

I always look at other people... But only because there is nothing else to look at. I don't criticize or judge them in any bad way, after all just by being there they all deserve my respect.

Sometimes I see wrong form and secretly tell a bro PT, who then goes to the person and politely teach 'em how to do it, making it seem like the normal thing it is.

Trying something is the condition to make mistakes on it. The solution? Stay at home, or kill yourself already, OP. After all, in this unlucky wheel of fortune that is life, you were chosen to exist.
>>
File: photo.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
>>39114916
>after all just by being there they all deserve my respect.
>>
>>39114916
>respecting manlets, fatties, skeletons and women
>>
Do you remember the people at in the gym?
Did you look at the weights they lifted and feel better than them?
Do you think you could tell who was new to the gym and who wasn't?
Probably not, and the same goes for those people at the gym you thought were judging you. They do not remember the gym noobie they looked at today and feel smug about their superior gains while touching themselves in bed dreaming about how much fun it will be to silently judge him the next day.
You are just anxious. I don't have much experience with that kind of anxiety but I know it can be crushing. I would say, just focus on your weights, you're not at the gym for the people. And if all else fails, go to the gym when it's relatively empty if time allows, or make a home gym. Just don't let your anxiety force you to the lowest common denominator of society.
>>
>>39114226
>>39114237
>>39114794
>>39114916
This. Just get in the gym and get it done. People are far more focused on their own sets than you and your own.

For those not focused, fuck 'em. Get your progress work done and be better for it.
>>
>>39114039
I got stuck under 50lbs benching the first day.

Now 2 months later I'm benching 120 and I still am dyel, but I realized it doesn't matter what others think.
>>
>>39114039
>be nervous as fuck going to the gym
>so im using the ""gym"" my dorm has
>its basically a dumbell rack
>no one is ever there though so its okay
>one day a guy turns up so its no longer okay
>its leg day
>he asks me how im training my legs because he wants to do it too
>stammer something about my exercises, finish set, leave
Im just going to pretend he asked because he saw my legs and thought I was doing good.
>>
File: gym.jpg (128KB, 1031x906px) Image search: [Google]
gym.jpg
128KB, 1031x906px
>going to the gym ever

Enjoy becoming a meme.
>>
>>39114110
>NOBODY IS LOOKING AT YOU AND NO ONE COULD CARE LESS

Don't listen to this guy. The truth is some people WILL look at you. It's the fucking gym, everyone there is making micro-judgements to improve themselves. They're going to compare everything, from your form, routine, and maybe even clothes to figure out what to do or what not to.

But just because they do that, doesn't mean you should do the same. The one true way to get over this fear is to truly accept that YOUR GOALS ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MOMENTS OF ANXIETY YOU EXPERIENCE IN YOUR HEAD. If you can't accept that, then you really didn't want it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.