[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why is /fit/ so full of emotionally unstable people? As in,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1388890191895.jpg (36KB, 316x263px) Image search: [Google]
1388890191895.jpg
36KB, 316x263px
So why is /fit/ so full of emotionally unstable people? As in, even by the standards of 4chan.
>>
>>39109437
> >>>> /r9k/
>>
>>39109454

I dunno man they're largely on the same level from what I've seen.
>>
>>39109437
Because 4 chan attracts edgy people or emotionally fucked up people. fit makes it worse by letting already fucked up people, make more fucked up standards to live by
>>
>>39109437
my impression is the opposite, that /fit/izens tend to be higher functioning on average than non-/fit/izens. of course there are frequent height and feel threads, etc but height seems mostly tongue in cheek and feel threads on other boards can be much worse. exercise does help with emotional stability even though it's not a panacea.

polite sage, to see if it works on this board and because not best quality thread
>>
>>39109437
You gotta look at the primary purpose of the board. 4chan is an image board steeped in Anime and Video Game culture. It has this fitness board for people who were probably here for anime or video games, but also wanted to discuss lifting.

The guys in the fitness board on 4chan did not come here for fitness. They almost certainly came here for something else then decided to talk about fitness in addition.

Compare that to say, bodybuilding.org or similar.

So they're emotionally unstable because they're lifting to get past how fucking nerdy they are. Of course they're gonna be psychotic about it.

Also replace all the "they"s with "we" because I'm in this same boat.
>>
File: 1474463556368.jpg (149KB, 1348x1106px) Image search: [Google]
1474463556368.jpg
149KB, 1348x1106px
>>39110591
/thread
>>
>>39109437
Because /fit/izens are trying to change their lives drastically rather than taking it for granted. And until they succeed, they are failures. Also, most lift to compensate girl problems.
>>
>>39111118
Delete this!
>>
>>39110591

this is it, except:

> So they're emotionally unstable because they're lifting to get past how fucking nerdy they are.

i would say it's not just lifting to get past their nerdiness. they are lifting to fill a void or fix emotional / mental problems that cannot really be fixed by lifting. lifting can act as a band aid or help with recovery, but does not address the real underlying issues.
>>
/fit/ is the exit of 4chan. When the damaged individuals want out, when they're fed up with it all and just want a normal life, away from 4chan. This is the board. So it hurts people, and they lash out. They put their head out of the dark, damp cave and it's too bright for their eyes. The sunshine burns their skin. They're vulnerable, afraid. But they fight on to finally leave all this behind. That's why we're here.

And we're all gonna make it brehs
>>
>>39111572
>lifting can act as a band aid or help with recovery, but does not address the real underlying issues.
Well then how the fuck do I overcome my social awkwardness if alcohol only helps temporaritly and lifting is only a "band aid"?
>>
>>39111611
experience ego death

so pretty much use psychedelics
>>
>>39111593
Ayo Zyzz tell Jesus I'm fucking up his plans for my life
>>
The only real difference is that /fit/ gets those guys who aggressively sperg out and start telling people how swole they are and how many girls they fuck etc. It's the kind of shit that 14 year olds do except these are adults who do it. No one cares about your anonymous stats. I don't see that happen on other boards
>>
>>39109437
That's just you
>>
They thought getting big biceps and being able to do 1/2/3/4 would automatically make them better at pulling birds, then they realised it didn't and now they're upset.

That and the handful of dedicated shitposters constantly posting the same garbage:

>rippletoe
>first sip of the day
>"now that the dust has settled"
>sticky-tier question threads
>attention seeking disguised as CBT threads

Not to mention the female-tier bitchiness, I see people on here commenting on perfectly decent physiques/routines with pure hatred for little reason, I think some people have the mindset that only a finite number of people can be aesthetic, therefore somebody else being aesthetic stops them from being aesthetic, so they have to bring them down for no reason.

The only decent threads on /fit/ are the /run/ general and the powerlifting threads that don't contain tripfags using it as their personal blog.
>>
>>39111629
Shrooms got me into lifting and helped me with confidence issues.
>>
>>39110098
the board with the most functional people is diy by far, they have almost no memes, stay mostly on topic, are active, have jobs, family and such
>>
Because we are functional enough to leave our homes and the constant contact with the exterior world makes our sick emotions go up and down like a rollercoaster.For example: perhaps you had a great workout or a qt looked at you and smiled so it was a good day and you're feeling great but other day you can't seem to have non autistic contact with girls at college or you see all the tall men with superior genetics and you feel like shit.
>>
>>39111657
>powerlifting threads that don't contain tripfags
So just run generals then.
>>
>>39111677
Sounds boring. I come here to relax and poke fun at things, not to deal with the bullshit I already dealt with for 16 hours.
>>
File: 1462382436399.jpg (25KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
1462382436399.jpg
25KB, 250x201px
>>39111686
>tfw when you get out of the bus and the qt sitting next to you blows you a kiss from the window

what did she mean by this?
>>
>>39109437
/fit/bros are among the most functional on this godforsaken site, you have no idea what you're talking about.
If /b/ and /a/ are the entry boards /fit/ is the exit board.
People here are trying to MAKE IT.
People who have made it don't post here though.
Because leaving 4chan is part of making it.
>>
>>39112082
>leaving 4chan is part of making it
the hardest part

this will be just like when I quit video games, yeah it's better for me but I was happier back when I played them
>>
>>39112101
Why did you quit video games? Unless they were addictive for you, a healthy amount of gaming is typically a pretty positive thing.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.