[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanted to begin with SS, but found out my gym doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Smith.jpg (30KB, 534x543px) Image search: [Google]
Smith.jpg
30KB, 534x543px
I wanted to begin with SS, but found out my gym doesn't have squat racks.

Is it acceptable to squat in the Smith machine, lads?
>>
nope. Because it's tethered to a track the range of motion is inferior and potentially unsafe (moreso than squats)

Like... to the point that you're better off working everything in isolation instead.
>>
>>39104734
>found out my gym doesn't have squat racks.

Turn 360 degrees and walk away.
>>
Nope. Do goblet squats if this is the only gym available to you
>>
>>39104873
I just realized that that gym is my country's version of planet fitness.
>>
>>39104734
>my gym doesn't have squat racks

That's called a spa. Find an actual gym.
>>
>>39104873
LOL 360???
>>
>>39105319
I know right!!!!! You'd be facing the same way xD epic fail man
>>
>>39105319
yeye hahah xdxd rolf lmaooo
>>
>>39105289
whats your gym OP?
>>
>>39104734
It'd be more acceptable to switch gyms desu
>>
why does /fit/ despise machines and prefer barbell exercices?
>>
>>39105422

Because machines don't promote the use of stabilizing muscles and can force you into an unnatural range of motion (squatting in the smith machine for example)
>>
>>39105372
Smartfit in Brazil.

It's the cheapest gym around here, marketed towards a more casual public.

The downside is that they don't have squat racks, but have a ton of cardio equipment that no one uses. They even have that weird alarm, but no one cares to ring them.
>>
>>39104734
Find a new gym
>>
>>39105596
Use dumbbells.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.