[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ I really need your help, My 49 year old dad who weighs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 225x225px
/fit/ I really need your help, My 49 year old dad who weighs 300lbs (35% BF) at 6" has high blood pressure (150/90) and the doctor told us that he has a high risk of getting a stroke unless he loses weight, He knows that he should lose weight but he's not trying hard his best. He tries to limit his calories and go to the gym more but he started eating more and watching more T.V recently for some reason. How do i help him? I'm really scared that i'll lose him because i love him very much and i don't want to be alone....
>>
If the fear of death doesnt make him want to be more healthy then nothing will.

Sorry OP
>>
>>39103860
maybe it isnt fun for him

start cooking delicious low calorie meals for him, maybe take him out to a physically demanding activity he might enjoy (hiking etc etc)
>>
>>39103860
Do you live with your dad? Is your mom still with you dad? What is your dad's diet like? What js your kitchen like? I'm gonna assume your helping your dad so good job on you
>>
>>39103860
buy a good suit for the funeral
>>
>>39103913
This sounds like a joke, but I'd rent a suit and ask him if he wants to be cremated or buried after his early death. Or rent a suit and wait for him to ask what it's for.

If the morbidness of his son planning his funeral and dying doesn't motivate him, nothing will.
>>
anonymously mail your mom a widows veil
>>
>>39103886
this, sadly

some people just weren't born with any decent ability to exercise willpower
>>
>>39103860
That's sad op I'm sorry. The key with exercise is finding something that's fun. But we all know that one pack of cookies can undo 3 days of exercise in under 5 minutes. So the focus should be diet. Start cooking with him and then just do shit that isn't sitting around watching TV but just something to distract him from. Food or. The thought of food. Buy a car and do it up together. Make a model boat. I don't know what you two can do. But that's a good start. Otherwise you need to speak with the doctor and get him to drum it home that he will die if he doesn't lose weight. It will be better if the doctor says it directly not like you could get a stroke. But that he will die.
>>
>>39103986
Fuck exercise willpower. Willpower/inspiration and all that shit are fickle bitches that can leave you anytime. Practice discipline, that will stay with you for life.
>>
>>39103898
Yeah i live with my dad, My mom died when i was 3 because of cancer which is why i don't want to be left alone in this world, He eats lots of fat and sugar (Around 3-4k calories a day)
>>39103889
He doesn't it that much at home to be honest, but he eats lots of shit when he's at work, He works as a construction worker btw

>>39103913
>>39103935
Thinking about that brings me to tears,and I'm scared if i joke about that infront of him he'll have a stroke or something.....
>>39103986
>>39103997
He used to be a body builder back in the day, He won a couple of tournaments and has a decent amount of muscle now. but sadly it's covered with a shitload of fat.
>>39103990
I really can't take him out that much because he's really busy at work and eats a lot when he's out of the house, Besides i'm still 18 so it's pretty hard for me to take him out and do shit with him since i'm still young...
>>
>>39104058
Just sounds like he's unwilling to be uncomfortable and change his lifestyle. Show him how much you care by showing him this thread and maybe he'll see he needs to be better for you and your family. It's sad Bro. I really feel for you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.