[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/ I'm 24, just hit 300 lbs, and I'm feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 46532.jpg (103KB, 1109x614px) Image search: [Google]
46532.jpg
103KB, 1109x614px
Hi /fit/

I'm 24, just hit 300 lbs, and I'm feeling pretty rock bottom right now.

I've been wanting to go join the gym near my house for a while now, but I need some specific direction on what to do once I'm actually there. I have no idea what I'm doing, and I don't have much free time during the week to waste if I'm not doing it correctly.

Can you point me towards a good routine for me to start doing? My only goal is weight loss.

Thanks
>>
read the sticky. it is easy to understand and broken into sections regarding everything you need to get in shape. it's not hard to read. it's not too long. just click it.
>>
Read the sticky.

Weight loss is 90% calorie restriction and 10% exercise(although there are many benefits to regular exercise)

Stronglifts is a program suggested in the sticky that I enjoyed when I started. Gives you the core lifts to work through.

Fix your diet first though. It's much more important for weight loss.
>>
You should take a dedicated 1 hour walk every day. You can walk more if you feel like it. Walking is the most effective way to lose weight, the only downside is it's time consuming.
>>
OP here,

I don't think my diet is that awful. I can do better for sure, but I'm just sedentary. I've quit fast food and am working toward quitting soda, but I have an office job and my fitbit says I get like 2000-4000 steps a day. I don't do shit. So I figure I need to get exercise in there.
>>
File: 1476044253443.jpg (104KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1476044253443.jpg
104KB, 872x685px
>>39100785
>don't think your diet is awful
>300 lbs
Listen here, you are eating calories totaling at least 3k a day, you have horrible judgement and should track everything you eat honestly before trying to do any exercise which you will probably fail in.
You could sit on your ass all day and be under 200 pounds without starving if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>39100785

Hey, OP. Why don't you go ahead and read that sticky
>>
>>39100785
You could sit at home and play wow all day and lost weight if your diet was actually on point.

Read dat dere sticky friendo
>>
>>39100785
You are delusional. Eat more fiber and protein and less sugar.
>>
Do compound exercises, the ones that use multiple muscles to do the movement. Squats, overhead press, bench, etc. Start with light light weight to get the movement figured out in your mind- muscle connection. Then slowly start progressing to heavier weights.

If you can, so cardio at a different time of day than the gym lifting time. It's too exhausting to run and lift. Better to run for 15- 20 minutes in the morning, lift in evening, than to give it everything in the gym in one session.
>>
>>39100785
I sit on my ass all day, I don't even get 2000 steps and I only weigh 170, 6'2
Your diet is awful.
>>
>>39100702
10x60 fork put downs

Seriously, write down everything you eat, calories included.
>>
>>39100785
That's what my brother says and his weight is slowly getting up, he crossed 250 lbs I think. Basically he has a lot of "exceptions" he calls them. Get your shit straight your diet is not good. Exercise isn't key for weight loss, diet is. Start eating fiber, protein, veggies, drink nothing but water or coffee. No fucking sugar, dessert, fast food, soda, etc. It's not that hard.
>>
>>39100702

Download an app that tracks your caloric intake.

MyFitnessPal is decent.

Fix your diet before anything else.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.