[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I practice mindfulness all the time? I've read about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: f.jpg (161KB, 1370x882px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
161KB, 1370x882px
How do I practice mindfulness all the time? I've read about it but just dont get it.
>>
>>39100180

idk much about mindfulness but i know a lot about meditation.

mindfullness to me is just being in the present moment.

it takes practice and having it all the time is not good because you lose track of more abstract things.

what would you like to know?
>>
>>39100214
Well I've read that it helps with anxiety and concentration so I really want to do it. Also do you have any idea about what type of meditation I should do to fall asleep easier? I've tried things like 4-7-8 method but they simply doesn't work.
>>
>>39100241
forget methods and techniques.
focus on principles.

first step is to calm down. quietening the mind is the most difficult step for beginners.

sit somewhere quiet, with little noise, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. just breathe naturally, but consciously control it. thats all you need to do. concentrate on the breathing and nothing else, think of nothing else.
since breathing is automatic, once you stop thinking about it you still keep breathing. only then will your mind be truely blank.

but that is further down the line, focus on sitting there just thinking about breathing and nothing else for 5 minutes, slowly advancing to 15 or 30. there is no point going past 30 minutes.

if you can do this, then you can do it before sleeping every night to calm your mind down, and falling asleep would come naturally.

but this is nothing to do with mindfulness though, its only the precursor.
>>
>>39100180
walking 1 hour per day the easiest way to be mindful. Especially in nature. Its more or less a light form of meditation.

it builds/maintains your character/life

http://news.stanford.edu/2014/04/24/walking-vs-sitting-042414/

Without it, I could not formulate as many good thoughts as I have. It really helps in maintaining balance in life. Plus the biomechanical thing is also important for your blood pressure and heartbeat.

Plus you also need at least 15 minutes a day of sunlight.

So these many factors combined means that walking should more or less be as important as showering, or even eating.
>>
>>39100180
Look at your pic more attentively. Do you want to be a fucking dog or a human?
>>
Creating this thread is the opposite of mindfulness
>>
>>39100180
Be mindfull.. (All the fucking time)
>>
>>39100180
Have high enough income or low enough overhead to have more time in your day than responsibilities demanding it.

Or be in uni where your parents pay your living expenses and your big bad super hard coursework/homework takes up twenty hours of your week.

I personally advise learning a marketable skill with universal demand and then selling all your shit and living out of your car and traveling, but y'all're hell bent on getting that STEM degree and working at Starbucks complaining about how oversaturated the STEM field is. Which is fine, Starbucks is part time so you'll have enough free time to be mindful.
>>
>>39100963
projecting again mate
>>
File: jaa.png (239KB, 311x374px) Image search: [Google]
jaa.png
239KB, 311x374px
But it's so nice to slip to comfy daydreams. Why would I want to concentrate on laying on a bed when I can be dreaming of climbing mountains?
>>
>>39100180
Is "mindfulness" the new normie meme? A year ago I'd never heard of it but these days it's literally everywhere.
>>
>>39101041

Its literally just paying attention to what you are thinking, like "hey did I just spend the last 30 minutes feeling guilty about eating a 22 lb container of peanut butter? Maybe I shouldn't"
>>
>>39100180
breathe deeply all the time
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.