[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squatting full depth is a struggle for me. I've read some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: front-squat-vs-backsquat.jpg (26KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
front-squat-vs-backsquat.jpg
26KB, 500x324px
Squatting full depth is a struggle for me. I've read some stuff online and checked out some videos.

I've recently picked up SS the novice program and read through it, but I'm really struggling to achieve good squat depth I feel. I should mention I am fat, would this just get better overtime as I continue to squat or is there any particular stretches you recommend to help improve it?

Thanks /fit/
>>
>>39099522
Weightlifting shoes + wider stance for starters.
>>
>>39099522
Check'd. Also do a stretching routine every morning to gain mobility and flexibility. i'll post some links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxwCAwlT3ug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x522dB-4y2w
>>
>>39099522
Also a good start to weight loss is to do low-intensity cardio for 30+ mins upward. the body starts burning fat instead of carbs around 30 minutes of doing cardio. Couple this with eating slightly below maintenance and you should be fine
>>
i did no shoes because I wasn't bringing two pairs of shoes to the gym. Or chucks if no cardio.
>>
>squating
>in 2017
No.
>>
>>39099806
Is this true? Sounds like broscience
>>
>>39099522
Lower the weight, and do stretches between sets
>>
>>39099948
there are no studies on it, but from personal experience it worked well
>>
>>39099806
the workout will also motivate you to keep eating below maintenance
>>
>>39099948
there are actual studies on it and it's true, but it can be upped to more minutes and a larger caloric deficit. depends on how much weight a person is trying to loose and how high of a bf% they have
>>
>>39099522
Different things help different people.
I've found that some people can learn to squat ATG only if they start off the bottom, from the pins.
Other people need to be tought front squats, get good at them first and only then can they do back squats properly.
And theres also my brother-in-law who, after 8 fucking years of him not being able to go to parallel even with just bodyweight, I managed to get to ATG in 20 minutes, when he got under a smith machine and did squats Dorian Yates' style.
>>
for complete beginners, there are several things which can be a limiting factor. unless you have a huge gut, your weight is not the problem.
chances are you spent a lot of time sitting and not doing regular physical activities. this makes you hip flexors very tight and you should stretch those (look it up). also, make sure you strengthen your abductors and adductors. start every workout with foam rolling, followed by static stretching and finish it off with a dinamic warm up.
it's not easy to just jump in squating if your body is shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.