[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shoulder day for me. I feel like changing up the routine a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: untitled.jpg (28KB, 460x331px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
28KB, 460x331px
Shoulder day for me.

I feel like changing up the routine a little bit, it's getting to bland just doing shoulder press with barbell and dumbbells and then finishing off with something like Heil Hitler raises.

Give me something that can motivate me /fit/
>>
>>39097314
>Shoulder day for me.

kill yourself for me
>>
>>39097314
IDK fuck use cables or something
>>
>>39097323
Maybe I'll do some shrugs as well so I get that extra motivation.
>>
handstand press
3x5
>>
If you work traps on shoulder days, picrelated is gr8
>>
>Shoulder day for me

Something about having your days be "Chest day" or "Leg day" or "Shoulder day" just screams underage or stupid
>>
<kettle bell around the head 3x10
<front raises 3x10
<side raises 3x10
<overhead dB press 4x10
<face pulls 4x10
<shrugs 4x10

This will fuck your shit up.
>>
>>39097314
Today I did:

OHP: 5x3
Kneeling landmine press: 4x10
Flat dumbbell bench: 3x10
Tricep pressdowns: 4x8
Face pulls: 3x20
Lateral and front raises (super set): 3x12

A truly pissening pump.
>>
>>39097314
Bruh there are so many press variations you should be doing. Zydrunas press, Klokov press, Viking press are all staples for me.
>>
>>39097616
>OHP: 5 sets for 3 reps
all that time wasted

>4x10
same

>flat dumbbell bench
you can't even bench 20 kg, you sissy? dumbbell bench is acceptable only if 1) incline 2) with infrarotation

>face pull
literally the most useless exercise ever invented
>doing cardio with face pulls

>front raises
>>39097314
>heil hitler raises
literally the worst+most useless possible exercise for shoulders. only lateral raises are worthy; and lateral raises are one of the few exercises that are better done with cables rather than with dumbbells
>>
>>39097637
>behind the neck
No. One should approach that only if really experienced.
>>
>>39097687
>umbbell bench is acceptable only if 1) incline 2) with infrarotation

But dumbbell bench is superior in every way to barbell bench press for gains.

Do your research faggot.
>>
>>39097314

Why would you have a shoulder day? You hit them on both back and chest day. Just fucking do ohp after bench press and save yourself a day.
>>
>Heil Hitler raises.

kek. i'm going to start calling them that now.
>>
>>39097407
what do you do?
>>
>>39098040
>can't flat bench anything but sissy weights
try lifting heavy objects sometimes
they trigger exactly the same muscles, db engages a little more stabilizers but if you bench more than 60 kg it makes no sense to keep doing them unless you train for resistance (15+ reps, lower weights)
>>
>>39098155
Stop talking like you know what you are on about.

I bench 120kg flat barbell bench.

Dumbbells give more pec activation, bigger ROM and more stretch.

This is fact, with scientific proof.

Stop talking out of your ass.
>>
here's my shoulder day:

standing barbell OHP
barbell upright rows
iso deltoid lever machine (no idea what it's called)
seated lateral raises
face pulls

at this point i like to do a light burnout set of standing front raises and leaning lateral raises or just some shoulder mobility exercises with light weight
>>
>>39098155
Before you ask for source, there are more studies than this going around.

-Barnett, C., Kippers, V., Turner, P. Effects of Variations of the Bench Press Exercise on the EMG Activity of Five Shoulder Muscles. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 1995, 9, 4, 222-227

-Saeterbakken, A.H., Tillar, R. van den, Fimland, M.S. A Comparison of Muscle Activity and 1-RM Strength of Three Chest-Press Exercises with Different Stability Requirements. Journal of Sports Sciences, 2011, 29, 0, 1-6.

-Tillaar, van den, R. Saeterbakken, A.H. The Sticking Region in Three Chest-Press Exercises with Increasing Degrees of Freedom. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2012, 26, 11, 2962-2969.

I just can't be fucked arguing with you, because you entire argument is literally proof that you have no idea about lifting.
>>
>>39097407
it's fine if you roid
>>
>>39098159
>more pec activation
Wrong.
>bigger ROM
Sure, and? You engage a little more the stabilizers, but in a totally negligible way.
>more stretch
This doesn't mean anything.
>stop talking out of your ass
oh, you.

>>39098176
Nothing of those give you an argument.
>I just can't be fucked arguing
Guess what, me neither.
>>
File: delicioustears.jpg (54KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
delicioustears.jpg
54KB, 360x500px
>>39098195
>make it very clear why you are wrong
>give sources and citations

n-nothing there gives you are arguement
b-but i dont wanna argue no more

Okay, little guy.
>>
>>39098221
>resorting to delicioustears.jpg
It's clear to me that you can't even read your own sources and you're here just to shitpost.
>>
File: damagecontrol.jpg (149KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
damagecontrol.jpg
149KB, 650x650px
>>39098230
being this upset at literally being *proven* wrong
>>
>>39098176
There's a flaw with EMG studies in that muscle activation doesn't necessarily mean you're going to "make gains" with one thing better than another since muscle activation isn't the only factor. One huge example on this is chins/pullups, wide grip pullups generally score higher on emg tests, but you can do a larger range of motion on chins, and also load more weight on them, or do more reps which is more volume.

In the end the difference between the two is so minor it probably doesn't matter much, but once your numbers start getting up, finding gyms with dumbbells with weights that you bench for <10 reps might get hard unless you go to a gym with like +120lbs ones.
>>
>>39098247
>I'll shitpost with damagecontrol.jpg now!
Mmmh. So much projecting. You're really convincing me and everyone here.

Your first source doesn't talk about db vs barbell. Rather, about incline/decline bench and hand spacing.
Your second source compares smith/barbell/db and it comes out that db engages stabilizers negligibly a little more (and I did credit stabilizers already), and pects are negligibly engaged a little more with barbell.
Your third source is the only one recommending db press as a complement, but not for pects, and overall mimics the results of the second study.

And so on, and so forth. You're not even trying to argue, you're just shitposting. You've just *proven* that you're nothing more than a candy-ass.
Good luck pressing with 60kg dumbbells.
>>
>>39098360
You are unequivocally wrong.
Deal with it.
Like I said, there are 10x more studies saying dumbbells are superior for hypertrophy, for ROM and for pec activation.

If you are such a poor cunt you can't afford dumbbells or a gym membership, don't get mad at me.
>>
>>39098463
>>39098247
>>39098221
For someone who claims they can't be fucked arguing, you're doing an awful lot of posting
>>
File: iron-005[1].jpg (51KB, 1024x876px) Image search: [Google]
iron-005[1].jpg
51KB, 1024x876px
>>39098509
THE IRONING
>do u like butter?
>>
>>39097700
Not that guy but I just do those with an empty bar and bang out up to 20 reps with whatever's left for a couple of reps

Once, I got really crazy and did 30 or 35 kg
>>
>>39098521
>I got really crazy and did 30 or 35 kg
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>39097407
OP here. I'm doing biceps as well.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.