[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grip sucks and it's keeping me from doing optimal deadlifts.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: 51Yfnkg7tQL.jpg (32KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
51Yfnkg7tQL.jpg
32KB, 500x304px
My grip sucks and it's keeping me from doing optimal deadlifts. Should I buy athletic gloves? What are the best ones?
>>
what color is your purse?
>>
Use chalk.
>>
>>39096039
Black
>>
File: dontfeeltardy.jpg (80KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dontfeeltardy.jpg
80KB, 600x400px
>>39096026

Might look into that "liquid chalk" stuff...

Also, start holding the final rep (the last one of the day) of your deadlift set for "as long as you can".... you may only being with 3 seconds,, but next time, 5,,,, next time 10...

>see where this is going ?
>>
Chalk, straps and hook grip.
Not all at once though
>>
File: doitfaggot.jpg (258KB, 577x580px) Image search: [Google]
doitfaggot.jpg
258KB, 577x580px
>>39096026
Only if you have room in your purse alongside your tampons, and it doesn't interfere with driving your bright pink Prius while your boyfriend fucks you from behind, you fucking pussy.
>>
File: hook-grip-300x138.jpg (11KB, 300x138px) Image search: [Google]
hook-grip-300x138.jpg
11KB, 300x138px
Tape thumbs (or no tape, I use tape because my gym is iffy about chalk)

Use hook grip
>>
Static holds, captains of crush grippers, farmers walks even will help you with grip strength.
Chalk and gloves are pussy shit
source: 4pl8 DL double overhand
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (122KB, 630x588px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
122KB, 630x588px
>>39096753
>chalk is pussy shit
>every world class weightlifter is a pussy
WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE
>>
I prefer straps.
>>
>>39096765
there is no reason chalk should be used for anything under 3 pl8. even after that you're only limiting your own grip strength potential by using it
>>
>>39096026
do one arm hangs from the pull up bar

get a wrist roller, go heavy

stop being a pussy
>>
>>39096026
Dead hang 3xfail after your workout
>>
File: 1475116947715.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1475116947715.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
Yes. Remember, lots of virgins on here never had a gf. None of them like sandpaper hands. Not only that you don't risk cuts and you don't put pressure on your fingers and automatically gives you grip to make gains. My pullups went from 9 to 12. My dl increased by 30lbs. It basically helps with anything that requires holding weight that pulls your hands away.
>>
File: damagecontrol.jpg (149KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
damagecontrol.jpg
149KB, 650x650px
>>39096794
>limiting
>using chalk increases grip

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>39096868

holy fuck yes

I fell for the
>gloves are for fags, real men lift raw

I had fucking torn up blistered hands that bled and made women back away in disgust

3pl8 or more and you NEED chalk, straps, wraps, whatever
>>
>>39097020
chalk isn't considered "not lifting raw". everyone recommends it. gloves is what's for faggots, because you need calluses as they protect the hand and make your hands more useful for literally everything.
>>
>>39097033

It's b8 for sure dude.

There's no way he got to 3pl8 without getting callouses on his hands.

It's impossible to get to 2pl8 without getting callouses. It takes like 1-2 weeks to get them.
>>
>>39096042
>>39096077
God I hate chalk fags
>>
>>39097043
Learn to hold the ducking bar right you nigger
>>
>>39096794
LOL go away faggot
>>
>>39097071
>not having knurling on your bar

GIGANTIC FAGGOT
>>
>>39097055
God I hate 2pl8 deadlifters
>>
>literally every "argument" against gloves is *grunt grunt* IT'S NOT MANLY

fuck calluses
>>
Use hook grip but only if your fine with your hands being ruined
>>
>>39098051
>fuck naturally growing gloves on my palms
>spending money on gloves that make your hands weaker anytime you happen to not have them on you

It's a doozy.
>>
Do kroc rows, farmer's walks or both to improve your grip strength. I can comfortably double overhand 4pl8 since adding krocs to my routine.
>>
>>39098051
Here's one - gloves work against your grip
>>
>>39097020
>I had fucking torn up blistered hands that bled
Maybe if you learned how to hold the bar properly that wouldn't happen.
>>
>>39096026
Gloves are shit for DL. They hinder grip rather than help it. All they do is make what your gripping thicker and thus more difficult to grip. Might as well put some fat gripz on the bar while you're at it.

Get chalk and learn to grip like a man or get straps if you are never competing, don't care too much about grip strength or are working at significant weight.

Personally I use chalk and straps. I'm not competing and just training to get stronger overall, I use chalk for my warm up sets and pull double over hand and once I get as close as I can manage to my work sets I switch to straps. I've actually managed to improve my grip strength by lifting more and more warmup sets with just chalk. Not at the same rate as my max DL, but enough that I'm not a limp wristed fag and most normies think I have a hella string grip which is enough for me.

Or you could just do mixed grip, but the disadvantages there for me are potential muscle imbalances and potential bicep tears, although both those things can be offset by switching grip and not being a retard and keeping your arm straight. I prefer straps though desu.
>>
>>39096794
You're talking shit m8. Chalk should be used whenever your grip is slipping and the weight is getting too heavy to handle without it. For some that might be 3pl8, for some that might be 1pl8, everyone's different and most people haven't spent their life jerking off thousands of dicks to get a steel grip like you clearly have.

Also,
>chalk
>limits grip potential
Pure, distilled retardation.
>>
You only need palms if you're giving handjobs.

You don't need more than fingertips for the vast majority of women, and if you need more than that, use an oil during the rub down. It will soften your callous and they won't notice.
>>
gloves are good for work but suck for training
>>
>>39096868
My gf loves my hands being rough. I think you have just never touched a woman.
>>
>>39096794
ive got sweaty hands and if i dont use chalk it fucks up my whole workout. it doesnt matter how strong my grip is, it wont overpower my leaking hands
>>
>>39098740
This.

The G spot isn't 9 inches deep guys. You can literally get to it before you hit your second knuckle.

You'd also be surprised the number of women who like the feel of rough hands. As long as you calluses aren't peeling and getting scratchy (maintain them you retards) they will never be a problem.

The whole "farmers boy in the hayloft" isn't a sexual fantasy cliche for nothing. Women like a strong guy who's hands feel like he's worked a day in his life.

Take 5 mins and listen to based Justin teach you how to manage your calluses.

https://youtu.be/k6YoMEPO3ck
>>
>>39098767
Everyone has sweaty hands if they are working hard enough brah. Just ignore that idiot, he's clearly retarded.
>>
>>39096026
just use normal chalk or go for liquid one if your gym is being anal
>>
>>39098798
>everyone has the same amount of sweat
kys, itll save everyone a heap of trouble. ;)
>>
>>39098834
If they are working hard enough in the gym they do, or at least enough to affect your grip negatively. Unless you got some condition like Zidane where you can't stop sweating profusely.

Im sorry you're mad no one agrees with your retarded "no Chalk until 3pl8" theory senpai.
>>
>>39098848
im sorry that you're retarded and cant see that my advocating using chalk before 3pl8 to combat sweat is actually the opposite of waiting to use chalk after 3pl8. again, kys. also, reading comprehension. also, kys.
>>
>>39098871
So you're this guy?
>>39098767

Then I was agreeing with you right off the bat. Was just trying to make you feel better about sweaty hands by saying everyone gets sweaty hands while working out. Some people feel sensitive about that shit.

You seem to be overly buttflustered for some reason. Maybe you should take a break from the Internet bro, it seems to have turned you into a touchy faggot.
>>
>>39097043
I'm at 2,5pl8 1x5 and barely have calluses. I hold the bar so that it does not crush the skin.
>>
>>39096753
Nothing wrong with chalk you utter jeb end.
Source (as if it matters): farmers walk 250lb/hand for 20m without chalk, 300/hand with chalk
>>
>>39096753
>4pl8 2overhand

video or it didnt happen
>>
>>39099725
It's nothing that special, Jesus
>>
>>39099742
stop chickening out and post that vid you dense basic baiting faggot
>>
>>39099749
I'm not him, I'm >>39099697
Piss off
>>
>>39098703

> Gloves are shit for DL. They hinder grip rather than help it. All they do is make what your gripping thicker and thus more difficult to grip. Might as well put some fat gripz on the bar while you're at it.

This is the correct answer. I'm not against gloves, but they won't help you with deadlifts. In fact, they will hinder them / make them harder.

You can use chalk, mixed grip, and straps. Some people also recommend hook grip... it helps, but I can't do it without destroying my hands.

Mixed grip isn't going to cause muscle imbalance or bicep tears unless you're using your arms to lift (which you should never do), and it's also very unlikely to happen at light weights (anything below 4pl8). Just make sure your arms are always straight, and if you're really worried about muscle imbalance you can switch the arm you use for underhand.
>>
>>39099782
Another way to avoid imbalance is to make sure you're doing your shoulder assistance exercises. Face pulls, klokov presses and other exercises to keep your shoulders mobile will stop you developing imbalances
>>
>>39099782
Agree about bicep tearing. It takes some weight for it to happen along with lifting stupidly. Roiding and getting too strong for your tendons to cope with can also cause injuries like that, or so I hear.

But I do think mixed grip and never switching grip can cause imbalances over time, even at lighter weights. I'm sure Omar Isuf talked about getting kind of fucked up early in his lifting career from deadlifting that way and taking ages to correct it. Personally I think double over hand, hook grip or straps is the way to go to cut the issue out altogether.
>>
File: canvas.png (412KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
412KB, 600x600px
>>39096026
gloves bunch up and cause improper calluses to form, especially those gloves with special padding. in turn, those pads create abnormal wear points on the tendons and bones of the hands. If you're having trouble holding the bar, reevaluate your grip on the bar, remember to switch often if using alternating grip, and do accessory work that stresses grip, like the aforementioned CoC grippers, farmer's walks, etc.
Basically, be creative or be a dumbass with gloves on at the gym (maybe these gloves because they are actually made to take force)

>>39099781 ok samefag
>>
>>39100225
>samefag
Neck yourself you fucking lizard
>>
>>39099814
No.
>>
>>39100225
>like the aforementioned CoCk grippers
kek
>>
>>39096026

Gloves aren't going to help. Actually, they will probably make it harder. Get a chalk block.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.