[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

skinny guys. how did you start? i'm 182cm 63kg. very skinny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1456584063772.jpg (374KB, 650x867px) Image search: [Google]
1456584063772.jpg
374KB, 650x867px
skinny guys.
how did you start?
i'm 182cm 63kg. very skinny and stick like. 19. want to start at a gym but not sure which routine to go with.

another major stupid question - what if i never do deadlifts and squats?
>>
>>39095639
Do SL5x5 for 12 months and browse /fit/ while doing so. Congratulations in 12 months you know all you need to know and have a decent foundation to work with.
>>
>>39095639
Read the fucking sticky 3 x 5

But seriously:
Do grey skulls (including microplates, essential) with some aesthetic work on top. Less t-rex mode than SS. Having said that, running SS for 12 weeks or something first is a solid idea because you'll have a fuckload of noob gains to absorb the rapid weight increases.

Eat more, like a lot more.

one thing GS does that SS doesn't is regularly reinforce neck training, this is a good thing, because your height \ weight confirms you for pencil neck mode, which is bad.

tl;dr
read sticky
Do SS then grey skulls
eat more, but skip GOMAD unless you're fucking retarded
>>
File: 1461352444466.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461352444466.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>39095652
Not him but I was thinking of starting with greyskull instead (namely pic related)
Is there anything wrong with that?
>>
>>39095669
You won't smash through your noob gains at quite the same rate, that's the only difference. GS or SS are fine starting options, GS has a longer shelf life, SS is a bigger opening punch. There's some advantages to taking your time as a noob before you hit maximum effort work, primarily you get to practice the movements at sub maximal weights and can reinforce good motor pattern, work on mobility yada yada
>>
>>39095669
Why no back work on B days? Why not even some chin ups or lat pull downs?
>>
thanks guys. i'll start with SS then. not keen on my squat form but i think i'll get some of my gym junkie friends to maybe help out
>>
>>39095765
I was under the assumption that deadlifts worked your back
>>
>>39095788
Start off light on squats. Try to do every day you work out, but go really light in the middle of the week. Try going 5x5 on the first day of the week, 3x5 in the middle of the week (very light, mostly just to practice form and to have your nervous system continue to respond to this movement) and then a really heavy 3x5 at the end of the week.

I understand that squats and deadlifts do not sound appealing, but their importance stressed for a good reason. Essentially, all of the muscles in your body are connected to one another. If you do not workout a group of muscles, the muscle group that acts in the other direction will begin to overpower the other muscles. Essentially, if you only do bench press and no pull ups or rows, you'll develop horrible posture because your chest and shoulders will pull your spine forward. The same happens when you do not do squats or deadlifts. Your core will be weak in comparison to your back and chest. Your legs will not be able to keep up with your upper body and in turn, your muscles will be imbalanced. Muscle imbalances will lead to more injuries.

By the way, women love thick legs. There is nothing weirder than a guy who is top heavy. Just look at that faggot in your picture, he looks like a moron.
>>
>>39095669
This actually work for skellies? I started around 7 months ago and gained around 18 lbs, but I've stagnated for like 2 now and I think I lost some weight again. Been trying new workouts but nothing feels right. So many workouts for skellies online want me to do like 7-9 exercises a workout and I just don't have the time for that.

Reason I'm asking is because I've heard a lot of shit on here for anything regarding the name greyskull.
>>
>>39096606
If you are gaining .38lbs per month don't blame it on your program
>>
>>39096657
oops, 2.5lb
>>
>>39096657
Well, yeah, it's obviously nutrition as well, but the programs I've been using just don't click well with me and can take way too fucking long to finish some days. I just need something a bit shorter yet still as effective, so I'm just asking if greyskull will fit the bill.

Also where you getting .38 a month from?
>>
>>39095639

>Be me 5'11 130 lbs
>Get called Eric Foreman mode
>Dammit
>Bulk up to 205 lbs
>Oops went to far
>Cut back to 180
>Look good.

Thats it.
>>
>>39095669
is this a good routine for someone who's been working out with sports & running & bodyweight for the last ~1.5 years? I ahve no idea if I'm a beginner or not. Can do17 pullups at 85kg
>>
>be me
>6'7"
>157lbs

> 4 and a bit years later
>6'7" 265lbs

I did a bro split for first two years then a modified arnold split for the rest
>>
>>39095639
Read the sticky to start, but otherwise it might help to know what your goal is. Are you looking for aesthetics or strength?

I pretty much was in your category (5'11" @ 135lbs on average) and I started going to the gym and lifting. Of course the biggest thing was watching what I was eating (introduce more protein and healthier foods) and watched how much I was eating.

I'm now sitting at around 148lbs, and I have a modest physique now after a good 7 months of being consistent and serious with my gym activity (going at least three times a week, and hour at a time. I make each day a single focus on either upper body, lower body, or core. I also make sure to hit light cardio before I work out, and I will take a week out of the month to focus on endurance lifts instead of strength lifts. My progress has been slow, but my goal is to keep a decent physique and have some strength and stamina as I get older as well make sure it's a maintainable process and activity for myself. My weight goal is to be around 155-160lbs, which should equate to a decent physique along with some strength to back it up.

tl;dr, learn what to do/not do and stick to a routine with a goal in mind.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.