[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You will never have the power to ride a bicycle at over 50kph

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: Just a bit too muscular.webm (3MB, 1294x720px) Image search: [Google]
Just a bit too muscular.webm
3MB, 1294x720px
>You will never have the power to ride a bicycle at over 50kph for more than a few seconds

>you will never have this guys leg muscles that are actually useful in life

>you will always be a lifting shit
>>
>>39086297
It's very doable with proper gear + a time trial bike. Or even a normal road bike with a bit of a tail wind going downhill. Don't hit any bumps though or gg.
>>
>>39086379
I think based Tony Martin averaged 450+watts here
>>
>>39086297
Road racer here..

To be fair: Muscular endurance begins in early Winter in the gym, doing squats, or leg press, or step-ups. Later on in the year you're doing Threshold intervals, and then long single Threshold rides, at a medium-low (70-80rpm) cadence. You're also doing short (30-90 second) intervals at 400, 500, 600 or maybe even more watts, to build lactate tolerance (these WILL make you cry for your momma, they hurt so fucking much). That's on top of 12 weeks of aerobic base training, and so many other things. Train like that for 10 years in a row, and maybe, just maybe, you can come close to emulating that.

And they say that us cyclists are weak, and not 'real' athletes. 99.99% of everyone who ever came to /fit/ since Post #1 would never make it.
>>
>>39087081
Biking is literally badRunning.
>>
>>39087272
What's that supposed to mean? Speak english.
>>
>>39087284
I mean biking is like running except for retarded people.
>>
>>39087310
Okay sanic if you can retardely run down a mountain 120 kph. Lol I bet u think cardio is running on the spot too
>>
>>39087081
Whatever weaklet
>>
>>39087310
Well if you can't do it then you should just say you can't do it instead of pretending it's bad, because that's obviously not true.
>>
>>39087336
No, but I can get 20 miles on nearly any terrain without stopping in just above two hours and I don't need jack shit but a pair of shoes.
>>39087348
Biking is for retards, why would I do it?
>>
>>39086297

>i love riding bikes!
>cock is delicous.
>especially in my butt.
>>
>>39087347
Ah, so you're better? Show us a pic of your current body and tell us how much you squat for how many sets of how many reps, then, so we all know what 'strong' is.

>>39087356
The word 'retard' clearly doesn't mean what you think it means, you're confusing it with words like 'smart' and 'intelligent'. Perfectly understandable that you'd make that mistake, given your obvious background.
>>
>>39086297
Are there many niggers in this sport? Or does sprinting prowess not translate well to cycling?
>>
File: raw.gif (1MB, 320x230px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
1MB, 320x230px
>>39087356
>No, but I can get 20 miles on nearly any terrain without stopping in just above two hours and I don't need jack shit but a pair of shoes.
Oh hey I found a pic of you running, what were the chances of that?
>run, Anon, run!
>>
>>39087364
Whatever retard, enjoy being fucked in the ass by your bike on a daily basis and lowered test due to your testicles atrophying from biking.
>>39087384
Hey thanks man. I love that you insinuate that I'm a war-hero billionaire ping pong champ!
>>
>>39087392
I don't think you know the words what you are using. Oh wait I remember it's Halloween season and the spookey skeles are out.
>>
>>39087392
>>39087401
>I'm too insecure to ride a bike, the other kids might laugh at me, chase me, and beat me up more than they usually do
>that's why I run so much: I'm used to it, from running away from all the other kids in my neighborhood
>that and I'm a scary skellington, too skinny and weak to ride a bike like a normal kid
Get better soon, Anon, eat more, and get some counseling for that bad case of PTSD you've got from being the neighborhood bitch, you still have a chance at a normal life!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>39087364
>squat is everything
This is what trex faggots and bycicle weaklets believe
>>
>>39087417
What are you so mad about?
>>
>>39087417
Nice meme bro, only the fucking autists rode their bike when I was a kid. Everybody normal played together and did shit like tag/tackle football/etc aka fucking running.

Also bikers accusing runners of being skellingtons LUL
>>
>>39087356
>I can get 20 miles on nearly any terrain without stopping in just above two hours

lel, no you can't. Try doing this in dense forest with muddy ass hills and sit. Try doing this in the sand. 20 fucking miles in 2 hours in "nearly any" terrain. lmao.
I don't doubt that you can do it on flat ground, but you're dreaming if you think that encompasses "nearly any terrain".
>>
>>39087421
Ah, I see: you're another DYEL who just shitposts on /fit/, you wouldn't know a squat rack from a Smith machine, and you'd piss yourself if you even so much as set foot into an actual gym. Just as I thought.

>>39087436
>I have nothing intelligent to say, so I'll just play the 'u mad' card
Why don't you just admit it? Any jackass with a pair of shoes and nothing better to do can run. Cycling is a specific set of skills blended with strength and endurance, plus it's usually done as a team sport. Running is extremely pedestrian by comparison.
>>
>>39087452
Let's phrase it "a wide variety of terrain, unlike road bikes designed for flat concrete". I do about 50% of my distance running on hiking trails in the woods. I was born to dodge ankle-twisting roots.
>>
>>39087470
Yeah, no, the cyclocross racers and the mountainbike racers would very much disagree with you on that point, as would I.
>>
>>39087469
Running = one man's will against his own
Cycling = one man enhanced by thousands of other mens' engineering and his clavicles vs the concrete
>>
>>39087445
>My folks couldn't afford a bike like the rich kids on my street could, so I had to play in the street and walk everywhere and I'm still butthurt about it and hate bikes now
>>
>>39087469
I bet you're pretty fast on your bike. That weak 2d body must be aerodynamic as fuck
>>
>>39087489
>he runs alone because he doesn't have any friends
>>
>>39087480
Yeah no, not him but cyclo cross is not even close to being the same sport as road biking. Read the entire conversation.
>>39087494
>I don't have an argument so I just debase his assumed socioeconomic status as if he had a choice in it.
>>39087502
Dank meme you fucking sperg.
>>
>>39087469
I think you are confusing me with someone else, but that's okay you are confused time-to-time anon, maybe your frustration will get out of the way of being clouded with anger. Ps. Testicular atrophying is caused by excessive masterbating.
>>
>>39086297

are all bikers this angry? who cares. you ride a bike.
>>
>>39087499
Wow, you're really upset, aren't you?
>>
>>39087530
No, just road cyclists are damn elitist. If you really pay attention to the posts.
>>
>>39087538
Nah I feel good for being able to wreck every bicycle weaklet easily. I could literally knock you out one handed while with curling your bike with the other hand
>>
File: xxx.jpg (144KB, 1255x618px) Image search: [Google]
xxx.jpg
144KB, 1255x618px
>>39087526
>>I don't have an argument so I just debase his assumed socioeconomic status as if he had a choice in it.
>AS IF HE HAD ANY CHOICE IN IT
Ah, so I'm right, your parents were poor, you never had a bike, and you still get so upset about it to this very day, that you hate bikes and anyone who rides them. Really, Anon, being this upset over something like this isn't healthy, you should go get some counseling or something.
>>
>>39087561
Yea okay, post your bike/timestamp Fred.
>>
>>39087561
>he needs to use his whole hand to curl my bike
Funny, I only need two fingers to do that. You must be really weak, you been sick a lot or something? Try cycling to build up your endurance, it's great for your immune system. xD

>>39087561
>Nah I feel good for being able to wreck every bicycle weaklet easily
Uh oh everyone better look out, we got an INTERNET TOUGH GUY here!
..except he's so weak he needs to use an entire hand just to lift a bike. xD xD xD
>>
>>39087570
Why do bikers always pretend to be snobby rich faggots?
>>
>>39087541
>elitist
LOL I'm one of the most encouraging people to other cyclists you'd ever meet, regardless of what kind of bike, so long as they ride. Even the kids on fixies are OK, so long as they don't cop and attitude -- kind of like what you're doing in this thread.

>>39087591
>he thinks I'm rich
I put my pants on one leg at a time like everyone else does, dude, and I'm far from rich. But I'm not a hater, unlike some people around here.
>>
>implying he did not have a small motor in his bike like all the pros lately
>implying bike racing 8is anything else than who has the better machinery and whose team can cheat better
>>
>>39087470
As a trail runner and daily rider/cycle commuter, I feel a bit conflicted. Why not have both?
>>
>>39087631
>This is what every know-nothing thinks they know about bicycle road racing just because they saw a couple news clippings about it.

My annual training schedule would likely kill 9 out of 10 of you gymcels before you even got to race season.
>>
>>39087641
Exclusively riding as your only sport makes you into a huge tool. Look at this thread lol
>>
>>39087631
This. Bicycle fags are a bunch of cheater weaklets. Pathetic
>>
>>39087657
How's that different from just lifting weights?
>>
>>39087641
>Why not have both?
There's no reason, unless you're that one guy in this thread who has his panties in a twist over bikes and cyclists because his parents either couldn't or wouldn't get him a bike as a kid and so now he's all butthurt about it and hates on bikes and cyclists alike.

I train all year 'round, and most of it is on the bike but I also enjoy some running in the off-season, and it's good low-intensity weight-bearing exercise for my joints and bones. So you see I got no real problem with it, unless you're going to start hacking on me and cycling in general. If you have a live-and-let-live attitude towards things then so will I.

>>39087657
Yeah sure and the butthurt runner dude isn't a gigantic tool? Go back and read the thread yourself and see who shot first.

>>39087658
Boy, you sure sound angry. Some biker steal your girl?
>>
>>39087657
It's a fucking great way to get around if yr not hauling shit. It's not like its exclusively definitive of my lifestyle. People approach it differently, but one thing is certain - cutting out unnecessary driving is definitely a good thing.
>>
dont you like that tough part of training endurance when your muscles cramp to the point that there's flaming lead in your legs so you keep pushing for a few more kilometres, abandoning all efforts to look good at that point.
>>
>>39087657
If all you do is ride for recreation then you have time for other things. If your intention is to race then that's what you focus on, just like any other athelete focuses on the specific requirements of their sport. Most of /fit/ aspires to be bodybuilders, whether officially or not, and that's all they seem to spend their time doing; how is that fundamentally any different?
>>
>>39087692
>Hello sir I am here to steal your girl
*rides behind her*
>Didn't see that coming eh?
>That bad boy got 0.1kW
>W-wanna be my girlfriend? I might allow you to ride for a bit
>"No thanks"
>O-ohh ok, b-bye
*takes off at full speed while that unique sound of his spoke card roars up*
>>
>a frog gently croaks in the middle of the night
>>
Me t b h
>>
File: SaganClimb.jpg (637KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
SaganClimb.jpg
637KB, 1200x800px
>you will never have calves like these
feels bad man
>>
File: 1472424986047.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472424986047.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Could it be that running and cycling are both good exercises???? Woaw no way I better argue with random people on a Thai ladyboy freenet pedo circle
>>
>>39087081

I go cycling but I prefer off road stuff, despite hitting trees a lot
it is really good cardio, used it to train for tough mudder and pretty much washed it
>>
File: sagan.webm (3MB, 1266x700px) Image search: [Google]
sagan.webm
3MB, 1266x700px
>>39088961
Fixie riders should all be gassed desu
>>
>>39088961
>chick taking photo with no hands on scooter
I'd also like to see this guy try and slow down.
>>
I could deck every cunt ITT
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.