[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to use wrist wraps for bench? I've been lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Is it okay to use wrist wraps for bench? I've been lifting for almost 2 years and I always tried to stay away from any support to help strengthen my bitchmade wrists/forearms. It's getting to the point now where my wrists are hurting every session.

Is it acceptable to use them for bench or should i just go back to light weight? :(
>>
>>39085847
Don't listen to this nignog. I've been using wraps and my bench has gone up significantly while wrist pain has gone down.

Bitches don't care if you use wraps in the gym so long as you got the gains to show for it. Why give a fuck what the other faggots think?
>>
wrist straps look badass

gloves are for pussies

learn the differnce
>>
>>39085855
Feels good to get a decent reply finally. Alright i'll see how it goes after tonight, tnx mate
>>
>>39085837
Are you bending your wrists back- or keeping them straight, and in good parallel with your forearm
I've wear wristwraps to keep my wrist from overflexing. Never felt a single pain. And thanks to /fit/, I learned how to work my anterior delts, which has also helped.
>>
>>39085864
It's not for appearance, i could give less of a toss what gym goers think of me. It's just i remember i used them ages ago and then tried to push the same weight without and realised I couldn't. So from then on I just benched raw
>>
>>39085837
If it gets real bad then yes, use some wrist wraps. It would be retarded to fuck up your wrists and then have to take a break because you couldn't check your ego. However, you should consider strengthening your wrists with some knuckle push ups, wrist curls, and reverse wrist curls.
>>
>>39085873
>Are you bending your wrists back- or keeping them straight

Honestly sometimes I bend back too far because I struggle to get that last rep without a spotter (forever alone). But yea
>>
>>39085880

I use wrist wraps for dips because my hand tend to extend back from the weight

they are good, if you are pushing really heavy weight they are necessary i think
>>
>>39085886
>knuckle push ups, wrist curls, and reverse wrist curls

I didn't even think of that, i was too butthurt to think of alternatives
>>
>>39085891
Imagine how your wrists feel during that:

Good form 90%:
This isn't so bad, haha we lift big as a team, Mr. Forearm, Chest, etc haha

Bad form 10%:
WHY IS ALL THIS WEIGHT DIRECTLY ON ME I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU CARPAL TUNNEL IN YOUR SLEEP WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
>>
>>39086027
;____;
>>
>>39085837

Do you bench to get big wrists?
>>
>>39086135
ohp/bench/squat/deads all i focus on
u wouldn't find me going hard out on a intense wrist curling sesh that's 4 sure. but i'll add them in now
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.