[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw day 5 of keto So the last carb I had was this Sunday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: Carbs.png (683KB, 480x701px) Image search: [Google]
Carbs.png
683KB, 480x701px
>tfw day 5 of keto

So the last carb I had was this Sunday passed and now I have this weird discoloration and flaky skin around my eyes.
On top of this I feel like shit, when does it start to feel alright again bros?
>>
>>39082200
I went on a keto diet a couple years ago to drop from 120kg to 90kg (currently 80 at 186 kg). I'm a tourist and I don't lift but that doesn't seem normal. G.f. is on keto right now and she doesn't show any similar symptoms. You might have some issues w/ staying hydrated. Try to drink more water
>>
>>39082394
Also, during the keto diet you will feel like crap, your body will hate you and you will be bored w/ food
>>
>>39082200
is this Bait?
>>
File: 1323546.gif (2MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1323546.gif
2MB, 280x210px
>>39082456
lmay the weak perish
>>
>>39082200
Did you make that picture just for this thread?
>>
>>39082483
>keijo.gif
>>
>>39082528
He's 5 day into keto, he probably fap to a pic of white bread by now
>>
>>39082528
He is a sad little manlet. What would you expect?
>>
>>39082528
Is it that obvious?
>>
>>39082528
You strike me as the kind of faggot that would complain about lack of OC in another thread under different circumstances.
>>
tee hee falling for keto maymay in 2016
>>
>>39082394
that's a pretty hefty weight for someone so old... i take it keto didn't work?
>>
>>39082200
Doesnt last too long. I didn't have that fatigue at all but my wife did. Lasted about 10 days. But we both jave much more even energy after that, not riding the blood sugar rollercoaster any more. Gotta say I am a keto fanatic, love it. So easy to maintain or lose weight without hunger, almost feels like cheating
>>
>>39083148
Lol
I'm sure you have made great muscle gains since you've been on keto

I tried it myself and it's only valid for people that don't lift or want a quick cut
>>
What is this non lifting keto meme shit that is being forced onto this board?

No person that does physical exercise would run keto - who the fuck brought this meme to /fit/??
>>
>>39083148
This. My 7th week of keto starts tomorrow. I'll go back to a standard lean bulking diet soon, but right now I've been drinking a gallon of water a day and eating 1650cal. I've gone from 168lbs to 142 in the last six weeks. I gym every day for at least 90 minutes and after the first week I have had zero issues with energy.
>>
>>39083181
Actually i have done pretty well with building muscle, but weight loss was my primary goal. Went fron 40% to 20% bf while adding about 15 lbs muscle...in about 18 months, not restricting portions just keeping carbs under 50g/day. I eat so much great food too its glorious
>>
>>39083192
Why do you say this? Keto is a great way to keep calories low while still injest a ton of protein. All the research is very positive about performance on a keto diet too
>>
>>39083242
Ehm no, it's actually terrible for everyone looking to gain muscle mass or maintain a solid one.
>>
>>39083242
Isn't excess protein converted into glucose? If that's right, too much protein will kick you out of ketosis.
>>
>>39083242
even keto "gurus" admit that keto isn't the most optimal diet for explosive sports like lifting. I'd rather become a vegan than go keto
>>
>>39083275

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-34
>>39083279
Maybe thats true, but never been a problem for me. Not taking protein supplements tho, i just eat a shit ton of meat
>>
>>39083314
Lol not the best reference, thout it said athletes not gymnasts. But there is a ton of research out there suggrsting keto does not impair elite performance athletes. Google it
>>
>>39083314
>https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-34

8 athletes over 30 days...
title should be "low term keto diet didn't fuck up these 8 guys"
>>
>>39083314
>keto dieters given tons of protein
>western diet given inadequate levels of protein
>keto dieters given a bunch of supplements and vegetables
>western diet given no supplements and vegetables
>western diet still high in fat and inadequate in carbs
>performance tested with underpowered jump tests and meager bodyweight exercises
>study done by a company that sells supplements, keto diet and workout programs

talk about confounding
>>
>>39083335
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26920240

>Although there has been historical64 and recently revived65 interest in chronic adaptation to high-fat, low-carbohydrate diets, the present evidence suggests that enhanced rates of fat oxidation can only match exercise capacity/performance achieved by diets or strategies promoting high carbohydrate availability at moderate intensities,64 whereas the performance of exercise at the higher intensities is impaired.64,66 This appears to occur as a result of a down-regulation of carbohydrate metabolism even when glycogen is available.67

>in general they appear to reduce rather than enhance metabolic flexibility by reducing carbohydrate availability and capacity to use carbohydrate effectively as an exercise substrate. Therefore, competitive athletes would be unwise to sacrifice their ability to undertake high-quality training or high-intensity efforts during competition that could determine the outcome.68

lol
>>
>>39083419
>>39083342
Not suggesting its a great diet for bulking fellas. Its literally difficult to eat excess calories while on keto. But for cutting its fantastic. And if you are a fatty like I was, it is amazingly easier to lose weight than on a low fat diet.
>>
>>39083506
>Its literally difficult to eat excess calories while on keto.
It doesn't provide any satiety benefits over a carby diet when protein content is matched.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16685046

In fact ketones seem to stimulate hunger

http://www.cell.com/trends/endocrinology-metabolism/fulltext/S1043-2760(16)00061-8
http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/early/2015/10/29/ajpendo.00282.2015

>And if you are a fatty like I was, it is amazingly easier to lose weight than on a low fat diet.
Low fat diets, especially low fat high fiber high protein diets, cause weight loss.

http://www.cochrane.org/CD011834/VASC_effect-cutting-down-fat-we-eat-body-weight
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/96/6/1281
>>
>>39083594
You get satiated on the plant diet because you have to eat more to equal the same amount of protein in a meat diet.

Also the amount of fiber you'll end up eating is not entirely healthy.
>>
>>39083619
>You get satiated on the plant diet because you have to eat more to equal the same amount of protein in a meat diet.
Where did I say anything about a "plant diet"? High quality protein like dairy would be the best, as it would maximize satiety signaling in the brain

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16690869
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24236459

>Also the amount of fiber you'll end up eating is not entirely healthy.
https://fnic.nal.usda.gov/sites/fnic.nal.usda.gov/files/uploads/macronutrients.pdf

"It is concluded that as part of an overall healthy diet, a high intake of dietary fiber will not produce deleterious effects in healthy individuals. While occasional adverse gastrointestinal symptoms are observed when consuming
some isolated or synthetic fibers, serious chronic adverse effects have not been observed. Due to the bulky nature of fibers, excess consumption is likely to be self-limiting. Therefore, a UL was not set for individual functional fibers."
>>
>>39083594
>>39083594
There is all sorts of evidence that low carb diets are at least as effective as low fat diets on weight loss if not more. One of dozens of studies...
http://annals.org/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=717451

And for me the difference in satiation is night and day. I self regulate my calorie intake to below my maintenance level on low carb....i simply eat until I'm full and still lose weight. I dont have the will power to maintain a low fat diet long term, even one that is purely maintenance. Over a decade of yoyo dieting low fat, getting fatter and fatter at my peaks. Maybe different bodies have different optimal diets or something but its not even close for me. Keto absolutely works for me and low fat absolutely does not
>>
>>39083675
If you match the protein content in a keto diet you'll probably be eating a majority of meat unless you mean some atkins type thing.

I mean I automatically assumed from the second post about fiber that you were one of those people who were try to push heavy plant consumption.

Oh and the second post says nothing about the amount of fiber you'd have to consume in the diet you're kind of suggesting.

Oh and, https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1lolqu/end_the_fiber_fantasy_everything_you_dont_want_to/
>>
>>39082200
Uh wtf you doing? I didn't get that, fell into ketosis within 3 days only times I felt shitty was trying high intensity workouts but managed to do it.
>>
>>39083717
>There is all sorts of evidence that low carb diets are at least as effective as low fat diets on weight loss if not more.
Most of these studies are low quality and done by authors with lots of COIs. They do stupid crap like don't make the diets isonitrogenous, etc just like the other one linked ITT. Not good methodology. The study you linked, for example, was done by the Atkins foundation, had self-selected menus, and did not monitor compliance. You can't say a "low carb diet" was responsible for any of these effects.

>And for me the difference in satiation is night and day. I self regulate my calorie intake to below my maintenance level on low carb....i simply eat until I'm full and still lose weight. I dont have the will power to maintain a low fat diet long term, even one that is purely maintenance. Over a decade of yoyo dieting low fat, getting fatter and fatter at my peaks. Maybe different bodies have different optimal diets or something but its not even close for me. Keto absolutely works for me and low fat absolutely does not
Nice anecdote.
>>
>>39083723
>If you match the protein content in a keto diet you'll probably be eating a majority of meat unless you mean some atkins type thing.
Meat isn't the only source of protein. Plenty of lean meats are available.

>Oh and the second post says nothing about the amount of fiber you'd have to consume in the diet you're kind of suggesting.
How about starting with the recommended minimum intake? That has good data behind it.

>Oh and, https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1lolqu/end_the_fiber_fantasy_everything_you_dont_want_to/
Looks like a bunch of pseudoscience blogs and crackpottery. What's your point?
>>
>>39083929
>>39083929
Practically speaking, 99% of people are not going to get as much protein on a low fat diet compared to a keto diet tho. I thinkbit would be bad methodology to match protein intake when that is not the practical reality of these diets. Thats just common sense
>>
>>39084012
I don't see how you can come to that conclusion. It takes a trivial cognitive effort to eat protein-rich foods, something even slightly retarded children are capable of as long as they have a little associational memory. Don't project the incompetence of tumblr whales onto the general population nonetheless a fitness and health board.
>>
>>39084012
you don't need 250 grams of protein to get swole brah
>>
I think keto has its ups and downs. The biggest reason keto is called a meme here is because it's used to justify eating terrible shit. There are also a ton of momscience sites out there regarding the diet which help discredit it. From a critic's standpoint it looks suspect, but there are some actual peer reviewed studies that are reliable and interesting to read. I'm on keto half as a personal experiment. Getting into ketosis was easy since i don't eat muh carbs anyway (don't really care for them) so cutting them out was just a matter of paying closer attention to my macros. My BF was about 12-15% and now it's a pinch measured 8%. It took about 2 weeks to dip it that low and I've been maintaining it at that since. To get into keto I had to reduce my protein intake to about 100g, the test of my 1800 cal intake being fat and leafy greens. My protein sources are mostly fish and eggs, but I'll eat land meat every other day. Fat would be coconut oil, olive oil, butter, and avocado. My energy levels are great. I sleep easy, wake up early, and don't crash during the day. After a bit of keto flu (get to that in a bit) my mental capacities were back to normal levels, maybe clearer than before. It was definitely a welcome change from a normal clean cut where I'd feel like shit all the time. So the bad parts were keto flu, which I first got coming in and training intensely. The other shitty part is I don't feel that explosive energy doing certain activities, although my stamina seems to be okay. Also, libido wise, I think I'm hornier than usual. I seriously want to fuck anything and I'm not even on nofap. I'm trying decide if I should try and ketobulk (lol if that's possible) or go into cyclical keto, but for me it's definitely worth a go for a cut. Forgot to mention, I'm only supplementing potassium, magnesium, and spirulina.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.