[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /fit/ do muscle ups? How many in a row? Kali Muscle do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: muscle-up.jpg (91KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
muscle-up.jpg
91KB, 700x600px
Can /fit/ do muscle ups? How many in a row?

Kali Muscle does 14 at 300lb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37PllS-NQzc
>>
You must be a massive homo to actually watch this faggot's videos
>>
>>39079018

god that's nasty.

I bet bruce lee could've done at least 20 though.
>>
>>39079036
it's only gay if i make cum cums to the video.
>>
2 or 3
Haven't done them in a while
>>
>>39079018
Never trained them but can do a few just by raw strength and good pull ups regime. Still, it's not as pretty as Kali's.
>>
he looks like a balloon
>>
Is there a set amount of pull ups you can do before you are able to do one of these? 17 pullups is my record as of yesterday and i'm thinking of attempting them but I don't wanna fuck my shit up
>>

Only can get 7 neutral grip pullups with good form.

But can DL 4.5pl8. (not like thats impressive tho)

kill me
>>
>>39079059
bruce lee weighed 100lbs and was a druggie
>>
>>39079270
I was able to do one ugly muscle up when I hit 20 pull ups.
>>
>>39079066
No homo but I'd blow him then let him powerclean me over his head, then smash me into the ground, killing me instantly
>>
>>39079270
There's a certain technique to muscle ups. In the same way you can't automatically dunk a basketball just because you have strong legs.
>>
>>39079274
you can't 4.5 deadlift
>>
0, but i can do 5 chinups
>>
>>39079398

except I can.

145/215/385/455

biceps/lats are fucking pathetic tho
>>
>>39079422
if your lats are pathetic at that deadlift - you don't deadlift 4.5

you're estatting
>>
>>39079445
I'm sick of this. DL works lats so little. They are barely even stabilizers for most of the lift and drop.
>>
>>39079445

what the fuck deadlifts do you do that work your lats?
>>
>>39079768
Keep your shoulders packed back and down, so your thoracic spine doesn't flex and stays neutral. They also assist in keeping your lumbar spine neutral.
>>
How do you train for muscleups? Is it all in the wrist?
>>
>300 lbs
It says in the title as well as him just saying that he weighs 255. This board is fucking stupid
>>
>>39079915
Gigatons of pullups. Probably both weighted and bodyweight-only. Gotta go further that just getting your chin over the bar, pull your chest to the bar, and eventually get to pulling your chest over the bar.

Gigatons of dips. Especially straight-bar dips, ie, clamber up onto a pullup bar somehow, lower chest to bar, press up.

The transition is the hardest part. Technique is the key. Not to belittle muscle-ups at all, they're impressive as hell, but it's not pure strength, there's a trick to it.

Have to, post vids when you get em.
>>
File: muscle-up-training.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
muscle-up-training.gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>39079976
>but it's not pure strength, there's a trick to it.
>>
>>39080035
Good point.

A dead-hang slow muscleup like that is pure strength and impressive as hell. Toughest part is still the transition from under the bar, around the bar, to over the bar. Some guys basically do a full-bodyweight tricep extension. Crazy strong.

Just to get *a muscleup* of some kind, it's going to be easier to swing a little and use momentum, like Kali does. And that's probably the best way towards doing a dead-hang pure strength muscleup.
>>
>>39079270

Train single bar dips, work on you the explosiveness of your pull up so the momentum will give a bit of help.
>>
>>39079703
retard

DL work lats for a massive amount.

Your form is whack
>>
>>39079018
we can do the same amount a kali; 0. apart from your arms, you keep your body as motionless as possible. at least he did it better than most crossfitters though, i'll give him that.
>>
>>39080159

Theres a secret to that for beginners. False grip.

As you see in his gif the stronger guys dont that grip though.
>>
>>39079299
found my new routine
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.