[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit, I've been duped I'm fat as fatass, trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: _20161014_143221.jpg (655KB, 1616x2487px) Image search: [Google]
_20161014_143221.jpg
655KB, 1616x2487px
/fit, I've been duped

I'm fat as fatass, trying to drop blubber and build muscle.

3 weeks ago, when I started, I wieghed in at 250 lbs.

3 weeks of cutting later (1750 average kcals, 120+g protons W/ rest from veggies and dairy) I'm 4 lbs heavier. My cals were counted W/ MFP's barcode scan app so it's unlikely that I underestimated by thousands of kcals per day. Also doing an upper/lower split 4x/week.

What is happening here? I though that, being 6'1 250, this 1000+kcals deficit would have me losing weight at a decent pace.
>>
>>39077371
SS + GOMAD
>>
probably arent counting your calories correctly
>>
File: 1243397778838.jpg (86KB, 688x547px) Image search: [Google]
1243397778838.jpg
86KB, 688x547px
>>39077371
Swelling.
Don't weigh yourself more than twice a month, and make sure it's at the same time of day each time. Early morning is best.
And remember that your weight will naturally fluctuate by a few pounds with little explanation.
>>
>>39077371
how about you try doing some cardio and light weights, like biking and i dont know assisted pushups and other shit that wont strain you to hard

give it time, maybe you are just stressed and your body is in panic mode, who knows
>>
Do keto and intermittent fasting.

Ppl gone talk shit but if u can count your fucking calories it shoud be a breeze. Fuck counting calories.

Dont eat until u hit a window. Eat for 4 - 8 hours, repeat.

Dont eat bread or sugar. Fill up on anything as long as you're under 40 carbs, 20 would be better for the first week. Meats and cheese usually the go to. You can find a lot of shit to eat and eat as much as you want.

Keep this up at least two weeks to see results.

If counting calories didnt work, this should man. Sometimes ppl need different things. I dropped 20 lbs fast with this combo.
>>
>>39077371
>1700 calories
>deficit of 1000 calories

Pick one famalam. Unless you're doing cardio of youre active in general, something aint adding up.
>>
>>39077371

Well, one of two things could be happening:

1) You're not counting calories correctly, probably from mis-measuring

or

2) The first time you weighed yourself, you had just pooped and it was early in the morning and the second time you hadn't pooped recently and it was later in the day.

What's your fiber intake been looking like?
>>
Fiber's been lacking a bit.

I'm already doing IF with one large meal and a snack within 4-6 hours. Missjudging calorie intake is unlikely as I am using the MFP barcode scan app and eating full container portions (for exemple, if I have a 350g can of greek yogurt, I scan it and set the number of servings to match the container size exactly). Only food I haven't logged exactly is veggies, but I don't eat too many of those - half a pound of mexican mix every day (go through 1lb bag every 2nd day)
>>
>>39077405
You're supposed to weigh yourself every morning and take the average dumb fuck
>>
>>39077998
That's what I've been doing, actually
>>
Guess I'll give keto a go starting monday
>>
>>39077371
Are you getting noticeably stronger or looking slimmer? If you went from never working out to dieting and lifting you are gaining muscle and losing fat and just happen to be hovering around that weight for now. Also 3 weeks is nothing.
>>
You were counting wrong fatty.
I dropped from 310 to 250 and I'm still going down. Try counting again.
>>
File: 1476154834629.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1476154834629.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
Rob?
>>
>>39078598
Friends (that don't know I started to cut) have been saying I look like I lost a bit of weight. My strength is also comming back but I doubt it's muscle gain as much as muscle adaptation. Before I quit lifting at 19 5 years ago, my lifts were decent (130kg bench, 160kg*5 squats, 170kg diddly, 75kg OHP), so my lifts increasing greatly atm is probably due to me holding on to some of my strength.
>>
>>39078598
Also, I know 3 weeks is nothing, don't get me wrong, I don't want a miracle pill, but considering a decent deficit, I would have experted a bit of weight loss in 3 weeks.
>>
>>39077371
Counting calories based on the serving size but eating more than the serving size perhaps?
>>
>>39078022

4 lbs seems like a lot. Have you plotted your weights and found which days you are at your heaviest?

If you cant, post weights here and I'll plot it for you.
>>
>>39078677
I wrote în an earlier post that the way I count cals is by scanning barcode with MFP app and going by portions/container size (for exemple, for a 200g drained weight of tuna, I'll scan the code which gives me the values for 100g, then adjust servings to the full container - I get foods that I can eat în one sitting to make counting easier and less likely to fuck up)
>>
IF YOU DIDN'T LOSE WEIGHT BETWEEN YESTERDAY AND TODAY

EAT LESS TODAY
>>
I seem to only loose weight about once a week. My body holds onto it gradually and then, WHAM! I loose 2-3 lbs.
>>
you probably gained muscle which weighs more than fat
>>
>>39078730
Yeah because you take shits and piss out liquid. It literally happens to every human
>>
Post your exact meals for the past few days. Include absolutely everything you consumed except water. I want to see what your 120g protein 1750 kcal diet is
>>
>>39078759
Yesterday(1555 kcals 130g protein): 160g tuna in water, 200g low fat cow cheese (98kcals, 0.5 fat 3.9 carbs 19.5 protons per 100g), 1 liter 1.5% Milk, 200g lettuce, 6 eggs

Day before yesterday (1714kcals, 119 protein): 2 cups (cooked) Red lentils, 160g tuna, 6 eggs, 150-200g sweet potato, 200g greek yogurt
>>
>>39078741

lamo dude

Look @ his frame

Anyways you *Don't gain muscle when you're cutting like he claims to be*
>>
>>39078672
At that deficit you're probably only on par to lose like 10lbs a month maybe. Add in the fact you're gaining muscle mass and it's only been 3 weeks and there's your answer.
>>
>>39078741
1 kg of fat and 1 kg of lean mass weighs the same, anon.
>>
>>39078989
there's a beast under that layer of fat
>>
>>39077371
Using weight at your metric is dumb. Take a shit and weigh 5lbs less. Drink more water with high sodium intake and weigh more. Go run a sweat a bunch and weigh less. Body fat % and waist line are the good metrics
>>
>>39079389
I can't afford a reliable way of getting a bf% estimate, unfortunately. It's expensive as fuck in my eastern europoor country.
>>
>>39078966
It seems fine assuming you're being consistent and not lying. Though you should focus on either losing weight or building muscle, not both at the same time.

3 weeks is basically no time at all. Assuming you stick with it you will start to see your body change
>>
>>39079865
Yea, I try to keep my diet along those lines. I'll go low carb, possibly even keto come monday. I don't enjoy carbs either way, I am happy enough with eating protons and fat.
>>
>>39077371
>eating nearly 2000 calories a day

>i- i keep gaining weight!

Gonna have to cut more than that, fatty.
>>
>>39081949
Averages out under 1600 over the last 3 weeks. Is a 6'1 250lbs man supposed to eat less than that to cut? Considering I also work out quite intense 4/week.

I don't mind going lower cals, I just don't think I could keep my protein over 110-120.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.