[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to detoxify my lungs. I was a pot smoker for 7 years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1476271938849.jpg (181KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476271938849.jpg
181KB, 900x675px
I would like to detoxify my lungs. I was a pot smoker for 7 years, smoking on average 3.5g a day — now I'm six months into sobriety.

I've been drinking a lot of green tea and I've noticed it helps. Googling finds me some basic momscience remedies but now I'm searching for any people experienced in detoxing their lungs after quitting cigarettes or weed.

Any advice would be helpful.
>>
>>39075572
3.5 g a day? Fuck me dude.

Well, to be honest, anything that you read about detoxing your lungs is going to be bullshit. The best thing you can do is run until you feel like you're going to pass out 4 times a week or so. Your lungs are going to slowly clean themselves, so just chill and work super hard in the gym. I suggested running because it seems to be the most oxygen intense and would put you out of breath the most, and thus train your lungs the most.

Don't worry about it mang, just keep healthy and keep working hard.
>>
>3.5 g a day? Fuck me dude.

I'm on 2 grams a week and consider myself a degenerate.
>>
>>39076554
Fgs. Used to hit 2g easily a night. Prob 5 grams all blunts thru the day at my peak. Dabs id take 4 in a row i never quit. Definitely a fucking degenerate. Now i hit the gym and smoke cigs. Mothafuckas. Also throw a company on that bitch. Throw a couple bitches on that bitch. Throw a mercedes on that bitch. Aint no degenerate anymore am i dad.

Fuck you too dad.
>>
>>39075591
Mixture of rowing, bike and swimming > running for really beating the shit out of your lungs imo, but my cardio experience is <1yr, so if more experienced anons wanna correct, go for it
>>
>>39075572
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
That's so insane, you never thought to switch to making infused oils or something? Such a lot of cash to burn through to constantly be smoking, the thrifty degenerate cooks with weed
>>
>>39076571
I'm proud of you son
>>
damn i didnt think this thread was still alive.

I grew my own shit and knew a lot of other growers so we constantly shared strains. The 3.5g a day is just an average, there are times where i'd spiral out of control and smoke two eighths in one sitting because I was so bored.

I got a recreation pass at my local swimming pool so thank you for the advice everybody.
>>
File: 1465531244049.jpg (121KB, 350x244px) Image search: [Google]
1465531244049.jpg
121KB, 350x244px
>>39076621
Nigger buy bulk you can get it easily under $10 a gram, then OPs habbit is similar to eating out every day.

Current degenerate here, smoke 1-2g of dabs every week. By it at just about $20 a g, sell them between $50-60 to friends and famalam

OP:
Not a fan of cardio but I do know that if you begin consistently using s STEAM ROOM (not sauna) post workout and maybe even get some eucalyptus/peppermint essential oil to spray in there it'll help "detox" your lungs. For the first week or two you'll probably get extra phlegmy in the steam room, that's literally your lungs cleaning themselves out
>>
What the fuck 3.5g a day?

I smoke 1g in a week and that's in five joints..
>>
>>39078072

Fuck man I miss dabbing. I can still vividly recall when it was legal in my city to sell dab shots for $5. I did it with a friend and he coughed so hard that his nose started bleeding.

Fucking Vancouver man... living here keeps making me want to go back to smoking weed.
>>
>>39077966
>not vaping
ISHYGDDT
But really it's not the same high as smoking but if you invest in a decent vape it's saves you money long term and your lungs too.
>>
>>39078129

I used to frequent a vape bar where you could rent out a volcano.

That thing gave me such a fucking strong high AND it makes your weed lasts forever. Fucking volcanoes
>>
>>39078106
Damn anon, I live down in the swamps of Virginia where we still jail negroes for grams of weed
Being able to buy Dabs legally sounds like such a different culture from what we have
>>
>>39075591

Swimming is better actually. Look it up, it's not a maymay.

>>39076589

Swimming for lungs, rowing for explosiveness. Biking is better than running for your joints and can be done for much longer than the others.
>>
>>39075572
how the fuck you got money for all that ? in my country 1 g costs about 40PLN which is like 40 dollars for american desu
>>
>>39076571
>Throw a company on that bitch
If it has been inherited, or if it is a franchise, then this doesn't count.
>>
>>39075572

You don't detox your lungs. Over the course of time your lungs will simply fix themselves, just don't inhale combusted matter into your lungs again.
>>
>>39078103
You mix it with tobacco? It kills your lungs even harder
>>
>>39078567

3.5 grams is what we in the US call an eighth (1/8th of an ounce). It typically goes for $40 or you can get a whole ounce (28.5 grams) for like $230. Less if you know someone.

Prices vary along with qualities but that is how it generally works. Also partially legalization and the huge inflation of the past 10 years of the US$ have made prices kinda of loopy.

Sounds like OP was buying an ounce or so a week and smoking a lot of blunts (which have tobacco in the wrap).

I currently buy a couple grams a week, I probably spend like $50 a week and I am able to be high all day errday by smoking semi economically with a small pipe. I am not a kid anymore and cant get super baked all the time but I can keep a nice buzz on most days.
>>
>smoking weed
>not making canna oil
>fucking up your lungs for less effects than oil
>CURRENT YEAR

Are you guys for real? Why the fuck would you smoke when tinctures or oils are infinitely better ways to imbibe in the marijuana?
>>
kill yourself, you're already a brain dead loser
>>
>>39075572
Not nearly as long term a smoker as you OP, but I've been smoking around the same amount as you for about a year and a half, both weed and tobacco. I recently came down with a virus that gave me very bad chest congestion reminiscent of bronchitis. I stopped smoking because of it, though its only been about a week. I have found that taking an OTC expectorant along with proper coughing has helped immensely to clear my lungs of phlegm and other irritants that get caught in it, to the point that I have almost kicked my breathing difficulty within a few days. If you don't need that serious a treatment, however, there are a number of herbal teas (as well as steam and hot water in general) that act as natural expectorants.
>hibiscus
>lemon balm
>a good chai (with actual spices, not that pre-mixed starbucks kinda shit)

Also of note, pretty much any aerobic activity of moderate difficulty will aid in clearing your lungs, as aerobic exercise causes bronchodilation and stimulates the natural process by which cilia in the lungs sweep irritants up and out of the airways
>biking
>running
>swimming
this is especially effective because the humidity created by splashing in the water loosens mucus and prevents the airways from getting dry and irritated, while the method of breathing employed when swimming emphasizes use of the lungs' full capacity
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.