[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are heavy band push ups so amazing? >haven't benched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: large-fs-band.jpg (32KB, 560x439px) Image search: [Google]
large-fs-band.jpg
32KB, 560x439px
Why are heavy band push ups so amazing?

>haven't benched in a month
>only did band push ups since then
>used to do 200lbs for reps
>decide to throw 2plate on the bar today
>bar almost flies out of my hand it's so easy
>pecs starting to get definition i never had with bench

feels good man
>>
>>39075482
What are heavy band pushups?
>>
you use the resistance of a heavy band to make pushups harder. a lot more convenient than weighted push ups imo. and you can make them extremely hard to do
>>
>>39075482
>pecs starting to get definition i never had with bench

Tell me more OP.
>>
>>39075621
How does this band get involved though?
>>
>>39075692

Heavy band across your back. Do a pushup.
>>
>>39075687
it's like it targets an imaginary inner pec. i get some noticeable definition down the middle.
>>
>>39075713
As in you hook your arms through?
>>
>>39075482
>heavy band push
So im guessing that it increases the weight you have to push as your arm extends?

The same effect can be gotten with the bench press by adding chains to the bar.
>>
>>39075728
Ye, need more clarification. Seems like you'd just scrape the shit out of your back
>>
>>39075750
that is true but

1. i don't have chains
2. my scapula freely moving feels gud
>>
>>39075482
What's a good brand of heavy band to buy? Got an amazon link?
>>
>>39075750

Or by adding the bands to the bar.

The big upside of band pushups (or any other sort of loaded pushup) is the free movement of the scapula. It tends to beat up your shoulders way less that way so you can often do more volume which means more gains plus it seems to have more upper back usage and upper back volume is rarely a bad thing. Its a fairly common high volume accessory movement in powerlifting circles as a result, especially for new lifters.

The downside is that eventually it gets real fucking awkward to load.
>>
>>39075815
>>39075762
I dont have bands. Can I just put chains on my back?
>>
>>39075847

Yes, but it'll get awkward fast. Its hard to load the chains yourself and you can end up needing an absolute boatload of them to get the same level of effect as one of the heavier bands.
>>
>>39075774
any reputable fitness equipment seller should carry them.
>>
>>39075815
>The downside is that eventually it gets real fucking awkward to load.

huh i can't imagine this ever being the case. i mean the bands start getting wide but you could double them before then. i have a 170lb band and it fits in my hand still.
>>
Ok. This is where i draw the line. I can take monster first sip of the day... But this is ridiculous. Where are the mods to ban these shills
>>
>>39075482
Anyone recommend a brand of heavy bands for pushups? These sound perfect for my shoulders
>>
>>39075941

You can't really use doubled bands for band pushups, at least not with the heavier ones. It ends with the tension at the top being so insane that you can't really do anything with it.

But you'd need to be a damn strong presser before that really ends up being an issue.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.