[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit/ is it true that SL 5x5 is supposed to be for old people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: stronglifts-results-asif1.jpg (18KB, 490x294px) Image search: [Google]
stronglifts-results-asif1.jpg
18KB, 490x294px
hey /fit/

is it true that SL 5x5 is supposed to be for old people because it's easier on their joints & shit? Like the three minutes between sets, day off between workouts, etc.

If I'm 24 should I be hitting the gym more aggressively than what SL 5x5 calls for?

am I just being a fag by worrying about this?
>>
It's a shit routine for aesthetics.
Compound lifts are legits, but you gotta have more variety
>>
I honestly think everyone should do a strength based routine for at least 3 months (with added variations)
>>
>>39074292
>I honestly think everyone should do a strength based routine for at least 3 months (with added variations)
I'm on it for 6 months. Not aesthetic, with only three of the four main lifts in intermediate. Do I keep on going?
>>
>>39074277
Yeah I'm not super worried about aesthetics at this point I don't think...I'll probably do SL for a few months then switch to a PPL when I wanna sculpt my body more. Not much to sculpt at the moment.

>>39074292
do you think three months would be a good time to shift to a PPL or something?
>>
>>39074302
>>39074301

Do what you want guys. strength based beginner programs just give you a good base to build off whilst teaching you proper form.
When picking routines you just need something that you enjoy, something you're going to progressively overload on and be working out with "intention"
>>
>>39074326
>When picking routines you just need something that you enjoy, something you're going to progressively overload on and be working out with "intention"
I'm asking because SL is starting to really exhaust me. I've already switched to 3x5 on all but rows due to the number of deloads.
>>
>>39074357
Yeah I'd change it up man. Most people on here would just say eat more but really if your hearts not in it then that wont help.
PPL is a pretty good intermediate program so try it out.
>>
File: 09042016-178.jpg (942KB, 1976x1195px) Image search: [Google]
09042016-178.jpg
942KB, 1976x1195px
>>39074393
>Most people on here would just say eat more
haha no the opposite
>>
File: 02015-145.jpg (586KB, 1104x1084px) Image search: [Google]
02015-145.jpg
586KB, 1104x1084px
>>39074409
and the before
>>
>>39074357
It's because SL is a pretty shitty routine.

It's like a shitty Chinese knock-off of SS, and SS isn't even universally great.
>>
>>39074419
>>39074409

I guess he used to be a great big fat person? If so, good job on losing the fatty and getting into shape.
>>
>>39074430
no that's me, and yes I was a great big fat person, became skelly, then bulked up again. Do I switch now? The only reason my bench is still in novice is because of my fucked up right shoulder.
>>
>>39074236
>f I'm 24 should I be hitting the gym more aggressively than what SL 5x5 calls for?
Simple != ineffective.

That is a concept that beginners really struggle with. That more != better.
>>
>>39074277
This is a retarded comment because it implies "aesthetics" is an achievable goal for a beginner, as if within 3-6 months of lifting you will look good.

There is no beginner program that will make you look good. It's a tougher ask than that and the best beginner program is the one that puts you on the right path.
>>
>>39074447
id switch and cut.
I always prefer week long splits to strength routines but thats just me
>>
>>39074301
>I'm on it for 6 months. Not aesthetic
NO ROUTINE WILL MAKE YOU AESTHETIC IN 6 MONTHS.

Set realistic goals anon.
>>
>>39074496
>week long splits
Is this feasible for a natty?
>>39074499
I meant "I'm on this beginner routine for 6 months should I get off of it now"
>>
>>39074522
some will tell you know but all nattys that compete are usually on a split. However go something similar to PPL first.
also i started gym like 6 years ago so i know my body pretty well
>>
>>39074538
Will a PPL routine improve my lifts? Squats have been stuck on a deload cycle topping out at 265lbs for 5rm
>>
>>39074522
>I meant "I'm on this beginner routine for 6 months should I get off of it now"
Beginner routines have build in progression schemes and exit conditions. Read up on the routine you are on and it's exit condition.

It's very likely that it is 2x Squat deload and 1x Deadlift deload. This typically points to the end of linear gains.
>>
File: tmp_16737-angry_pepe-1499251030.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16737-angry_pepe-1499251030.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>>39074609
>Beginner routines have build in progression schemes and exit conditions.
>Mehdi isn't even clear on when to switch to 3x5 then 1x3
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.