[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is hating on crossfit a meme or does it actually works? Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: photo (1).jpg (20KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
20KB, 900x900px
Is hating on crossfit a meme or does it actually works?

Is there any evidence against it?
>>
There's all kinds of hate and because it's new everyone is bitching about how unsafe it is without looking around their gym and seeing all the injured idiots with also no idea what they're doing. If you do it right and focus on form, which is doable while still moving quickly is both possible and potent as fuck. Look at games athletes they look better and perform better than powerliftes, oly lifters and bodybuilders
>>
>>39074245
pretty much this. other than that the only thing i dont like is kipping
>>
>>39074203

It lacks a defined goal other than "exercise better."

With a good coach and box you can get some more tailored and directed programs, and those have merit. Especially if they involve teaching correct form, as they often do in those cases.

Crossfit CAN be a meme when people with no real clue jump in, fuck up, and claim they're "elite" or expect consideration for doing it. Like Paleo, it is often adopted by people who don't have a clue, don't want a clue, but want you to think they have one.
>>
I dont wanna have a side yet but the amount of literally useless (some of them even harmful) exercizes like fucking kipping pullups just makes me want to stay the fuck away from it. And try explaining to a crossfitter that kippings are useless.

Also im not a fan of the whole "trainfor 2 months get injured for 6" thing
>>
Look at the picture of Greg. Then look up Dave Castro deadlifts.
>>
The fact that everything they do is a competition also raises the risk of injury
>>
File: 1365781447229.png (20KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
1365781447229.png
20KB, 165x115px
>>39074245
this guy is objectively wrong

let me explain why Crossfit is bad

>takes olympic style lifting, which is low rep and VERY technical STRENGTH lifts
>turns it into endurance challenges instead
>naturally people lose form and injure themselves
>crossfit gyms are notorious for having bad coaches which encourage bad form and doing movements completely wrong with bad programming

ie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8up6A4QesU&ab_channel=capdistrict411

>several cases of severe overtraining to the point of rhabdomyolysis
>kipping pull ups

Can anoyone please post the gif/webm crossfit compilation? It shows how stupid crossfit is.
>>
If you enjoy injury, go with CrossFit. Similar to boxing, which you should only do if you enjoy brane damage.
>>
>>39074245
>games participant they look better and perform better than powerliftes, oly lifters and bodybuilders
kk > formning
any physique competitor > crossfit participants
powerlifters > crossfitters in big three

its alright, and its great people are getting active which i will always support in but lets not get carried away.

p.s. i do appreciate what crossfire has done for weightlifting making it more mainstream and accessible.
>>
>>39074245
>Look at games athletes
>perform better than powerliftes, oly lifters and bodybuilders

https://youtu.be/7bpfZoFC4ZQ
>>
Honestly, I have nothing against crossfit besides the fact that crossfits gym charge an absurd amount of money
>>
>>39074203
The big meme is that the community is so religiously zealous over it while not even knowing jack shit about anything at all.

It's not a community that promotes people to critically analyze their goals and methods of achieving goals, it's a community that promotes fanaticism and a false sense of knowledge.

I.E. they promote the "how" and not the "why" yet convince everyone they do know both the "how" and the "why."

For instance, if you start and argument here about PPL vs. full-body, you'll get a lot of zealous shitposting, but there will also be some legitimate arguments, e.g. aesthetics vs strength, recovery time, volume per week, etc.

If you ask a crossfitter why they're doing some retarded ass looking thing or whatever nonsensical routine they're doing, they'll just say, "BECAUSE IT'S THE WOD," or, "IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE," or some other dumbass thing.
>>
>>39074245
What type of shitty shill is this?
>>
>>39074336
Its not that they compete, its the fact that they are pressured by time, so they end up encouraging speed over form, and obviously shit happens. Also, it sends noobs a wrong message
>>
>>39074372
Meant to post this one
https://youtu.be/YNvXZ7p7Z8E

This is the actual crossfit games
>>
>>39074382
probably a dyel who knows people that do crossfit and doesn't know any better.

I've never met a very strong natty who respected crossfit.
>>
http://joshsgarage.typepad.com/Crossfit_White_Papers_--_Timeline.html

read
>>
>>39074360
i do crossfit, if my coaches saw you doing this like in the video they would politely ask you to leave
>>
>>39074481
>mug anecdote proves your entire argument wrong

Hahahaha
>>
>>39074489
i wasnt trying to prove anything wrong i was saying wow im glad my coaches are way better than the ones in this video
>>
>>39074528
congratulations mate.
>>
>>39074481
>telling people to leave
>instead of teaching proper form

Your teachers sound like faggots tho
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.