[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you start and stop getting acne? What did you do that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: banner.jpg (45KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
banner.jpg
45KB, 1100x700px
When did you start and stop getting acne?
What did you do that helped clear it up?

I started getting acne when i was 14-15 and i'm 20 now and i still get acne (whiteheads) but nothing severe.
>>
>>39072674
Acne when I was around 13 I think. It went away completely though by my early 20s
>>
24. Get pretty significant bacne from increased T from lifting.

When I stop lifting it goes away.

Feels bad man.
>>
Started when i was 15, stopped when i was about 25.

The lesson i learned was STOP TOUCHING YOUR SKIN and get plenty of sunlight and fresh air.
>>
ACCUTANE
C
C
U
T
A
N
E
>>
18? I still get the odd neck or shoulder pimple but it basically stopped then
>>
>>39072703
I had same problem. I started washing myself 2 times a day. Also cut almost allsugary drinks and started drinking more water. I cant stress enough how important it is to drink enough water. Also some anti acne creams actually work to reduce the visibility of your acne. Other than that just change your sheets often. Hope that helps. Cant really do more than this.
>>
reminder to wash your fucking sheets and pillowcases at least every other week
this will do wonders for your face i guarantee it
>>
>>39074880
Not a guarantee. I have 6 pillowcases I cycle through, wash every week. My acne is still pretty bad. Whether or not it would be worse if I didn't I can't say, but I doubt it.
>>
>>39073578
save up your kidneys for gear man, fuck spots
>>
>>39072674

I'm not gonna say these to correlate with one another but when I gave up high fructose corn syrup for my gains my acne cleared up in a couple weeks.

I had it horrible all over my back and arms and some on my face.
>>
>>39072674
Started around 17, stopped around 24. I still occasionally get zits if I stay up too late.
>>
>>39072674
Started like 13 or 14 years old.

Got on Accutane when I was 18 - after HS chicks already told me they'd fuck me but my acne stopped them.

mid twenties it came back in a minor way, so I did another, lower dose of Accutane.

Shit's been fine since then.
>>
Did Accutane in high school

I kinda miss popping zits tbqh
>>
File: DSC_1008.jpg (648KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1008.jpg
648KB, 3000x2000px
I've had acne since about 17, and I'm 20 now.

I didn't really give a shit about it until I got a girlfriend who mentioned it all the time/popped all my pimples and now I hate it.

My sister is into beauty and shit so she recommended this stack to me (pic related).
I use the effaclar wash with the sponge and then moisturize after twice a day.
I also wash my sheets once a week now.

After about 3 days you can notice a difference and after about 10 it clears up quite a bit.
I still have red spots and the bumps and shit down my neck are hard to get rid of but I don't get blackheads any more and it looks a lot better.
The only thing is if you miss washes for a day or two you'll notice a breakout again which is a bitch.

Thinking of jumping on accutane just to end it all.
>>
>>39074880
I'll try this. I'm really bad about keeping my sheets clean, so maybe that's contributing to why I still have it.
>>
>>39075067
>accutane

It worked for me. The only problem is that you have to avoid as much direct sunlight as possible. Your skin becomes VERY sensitive. Be like a vampire and you should be fine
>>
>>39075126
Yeah my brother jumped on it and got some of the side effects.
Fucking bright red skin for months. It worked wonders though.
>>
File: gQqsnHZO.jpg (24KB, 400x400px)
gQqsnHZO.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>not embracing the acne and having a miniature pimple farm on your back to satisfyingly squeeze away at
>>
>>39072674
14-16
Puberty cured it.
No scars.
Feels good.
Have god tier bear growth and a nice jawline. Thanks genetics.
>>
>>39075067
La Roche Posay, represent!

I use their toleriane make up remover and moisturizer since I started accutane. The dermatologist recommended that brand among others for when you're on accutane since your skin gets crazy dry and sensitive.

Cheaper quality brands he reccomended were cetaphil, dermaveen, and qv.
>>
>>39075195
Yeah my sis bought it for me so I didn't know the price until a couple days ago.
I'm glad she didn't cheap out now though, shits cash.

Also, while we're on /face/ has anyone here used whitening strips? I'm thinking of trying them out.
>>
>Acne on face is finally pretty much gone
>Now it's appearing on my shoulders and back
Fuck me
>>
>>39072674
17 or so. Still get the occasional back pimple.
>>
Started getting acne at least since I started high school. I'm in college now and just started seeing a dermatologist. She currently has me on Solodyn (minocycline hydrochloride), SulfaCleanse (sulfacetamide and sulfur), Onexton (clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide), and adapalene. I don't really get any more inflammatory acne, just the occasional white head. I found out I have seborrheic dermatitis, which I thought was just dry skin, sadly.
>>
>>39075214
Whitening strips are great, I don't know why they're not commonly used. Nobody looks good with yellowed teeth.
Try to find the waxy kind where it's like a mouthguard that fits over your teeth (stays in place well for as long as you want it to) instead of the flimsy plastic strips (always come off and get wadded up).
It takes a few days but you'll notice results quickly. Do them for about 2x the recommended duration every day for a week and your teeth will look great, only downside is they'll be sensitive as fuck for a day or two.
>>
>>39075067
>Thinking of jumping on accutane just to end it all.
Your dermatologist isn't going to put you on isotretinoin without trying a tetracycline class drug first, and they usually like to keep you on that up to 12 weeks.
>>
mk-677 cleared up literally any problem i had with my skin
>>
>>39075493
are you just shilling for it as a meme or is it good?
>>
Started getting them beginning of senior year of high school. Never used accutane but was prescribed topical creams by derm. Nowadays as a freshman in college I haven't gotten a pimple in a long while. I still have dark spots from when i had it pretty bad, but nowadays it doesnt look so bad and i've noticed the scars and dark spots fade away after a while
>>
>>39075281
Or there's the other route where you buy it from a steroid vendor and low dose.
>>
>>39075515
not shilling dude, if you can beat the hunger that comes with taking it for the first little bit you'll be good.
>>
>>39075577
Aight, I'm considering getting it for height purposes if my doctor doesn't prescribe me some proper growth hormones, worth a shot at least and in the worst case I'll just end up getting shredded I suppose.
>>
File: 1427383291102.jpg (59KB, 492x419px) Image search: [Google]
1427383291102.jpg
59KB, 492x419px
>tfw have never had spots
i must just be insanely lucky, cause i dont really take that good care of my skin
>>
>>39075585
I take it you're under the impression that you're growth plates haven't closed? if they have I don't see how you'd get any taller but you may know something I don't. Can't hurt to try anyway dude, just stick to 25mg, I know you might want to bump it up higher for dat dere height.
>>
>>39075625
I just turned 18 (browsed imageboards since I was 12, though mostly not 4chan) so I think there's still a chance they haven't closed, that's what I meant about the doctor.
If the doctor let's me know I can still grow but won't give me some supplement to help with it, then of course I'll find some other way to do it i.e MK-677.

What brand did you use?
>>
Started when i was around 11-12 took meds when i was 16 still got it today (21) but its a lot less severe.
>>
>>39075646
I'm honestly not sure that the mk-677 would be strong enough to promote height growth like that of which you're after. How many IU's is usually taken of pharma grade gh, do you know?
I'm using auslabs.
>>
>>39075697
I don't know, though there was a thread in a forum from my country where a guy my age was using MK-677 for height purposes and he had grown 1cm after 2 - 3 months or so.
I'm not looking to grow several inches since I doubt that would be possibly, if the doctor doesn't give me something legit then I will be happy for any improvement whatsoever.
>>
I've suffered with acne since I was 16 years old. Recently I went to a skin doctor and received a prescription on some pills called "Tetracyclin". I'm supposed to swallow two pills each day. One in the morning and one before I go to bed. Ever since I started on this medicine, it has really helped me alot getting rid of my dirty skin. I'm almost acne free and trust me, before I used Tetracyclin I wasted so much money on different skinproducts such as cremes, facemasks etc. these kind of products certainly works for a period of time, but once you stop using them, your skin will most likely get back to its former look.
>>
Started when I was 15 or 16
18 now and it's still pretty bad
There are periods when my skin isn't all red, bumpy and irritated
>>
>>39072674
Getting stressed and no sleep does me in. Around exam times it hits the hardest.

But to be honest I think acne is one of those things you worry about more than other people. Nearly everyone gets it, it come and goes and most people dont care.
>>
Try using a DIM supplement. It's used to metabolize excess estrogen.
>>
Just came from derm and started isotretinoin.

She said everything else doesn't work. Not even diet, creams, soaps. All placebo.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.