[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /fit Got a tough one for you. I travel a bunch for work.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: FB_IMG_1476403771759.jpg (47KB, 606x842px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476403771759.jpg
47KB, 606x842px
Alright /fit

Got a tough one for you. I travel a bunch for work. Think those hotel commercials about business people who want to feel at home on the road.

Many of these places have fitness centers but it's mostly treadmills with a small freeweight section that rarely go over 50lb dumbbells.

Any good routines I can use while on the road?
>>
>>39072406
Why not get a membership to a mega chain like 24 hour fitness?
>>
>>39072421
Sometimes I have a rental car with me but other times I don't depending on location. so going to a chain gym isnt always an option. Plus im stuck on a year contract with golds until the end of this year.
>>
File: FhwMRU8.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FhwMRU8.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
>implying you can get get a decent workout with 22.5kg dumbells.

Do they have barbells, bench, squat rack etc?

I suppose it's how often you're away if you can get a few heavy workouts in when you're home. Use hotel stuff as a bonus up the reps isolate muscle groups. Beats spunking extra money and having to find gyms on the road.

You don't need much equipment to get a good workout in. Unless you're training to be the next Mr Olympia I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Just do what you can.
>>
>>39072489
>>39072489
>Many of these places have fitness centers but it's mostly treadmills with a small freeweight section that rarely go over 50lb dumbbells.

I also wasnt asking for motivation you cuck. I was asking if anyone had a routine.
>>
>>39072406
>>39072464

Hotel manager here

Ask the front desk if they have any deals with a local gym for a cheap 1 day pass to offer guests. Many do. I have a deal with LA Fitness and YouFit. One of colleagues has a deal with a local powerlifting gym.

I'd like to add in some free weights in the fitness center, but that would crank up the cost of (((insurance)))

(Of course, that's not without merit. The company has had more than a few lawsuits regarding fitness centers and pools. Mostly having to do with unsupervised children that their parents let run wild. They had a big payout a few years back when some idiot kid drowned)

And of course, there's always the option to pay for a 1 month membership to something like Planet Fitness, depending on how long you'll be at a given location.
>>
>>39072528
Actual advice. Thank you

Im actually right next to an anytime fitness for this stay so im going to ask tomorrow morning.

I should add that my stays are usually once every 6 weeks for about 2 weeks
>>
>>39072545
>for about 2 weeks

Yeah, that's long enough to justify getting a 1 month membership. You might even be able to expense it, depending on your company policy.

I did a 6 week stint at a property in Georgia and got a 2 month membership, even though I was stuck in a contract at another chain.

Travel perks are pretty cool though, amirite? I took full advantage of my $80/day food budget and expensed off steak, lobster, and lamb pretty much every single night.
>>
File: b60.png (875KB, 950x608px)
b60.png
875KB, 950x608px
>>39072502
Look it up then you lazy cunt if you don't need the motivation.

Just do what everyone else does & use your fucking brain you sperg.

Asking stupid fucking questions then cry over the responses. You're clueless so the 50lb weights will probably do you in fact they might have some lighter ones for you.

You're obviously fucking listless and have no clue about training so fuck off if you want to be a cunt.

I hope you get raped on your next hotel stay tough guy.
>>
>>39072577
I tried the expense route but the company wont justify it if the hotels offer a type of fitness center. And most of these hotels offer some form of a fitness center now.
>>
>>39072591
Whatyousayaboutmeyoulittlebitch.jpeg

2/10
>>
File: 1474769922528.png (192KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1474769922528.png
192KB, 500x495px
>>39072603
Tell the company how much of an autistic faggot you are and they might pony up for some wrist weights.

"B-b-but what bout muh gains on the road".
>>
>>39072603

Ah that sucks

As far as routines go, there's not much that cardio machines can offer beyond cardio.

If the hotel doesn't have a deal with a place, you might have to pony up for one of those 1 month memberships m80
>>
>>39072626
Lol no lie that might work for wrist weights. I expense protein powder and bars. I stock up on that shit when im on the road.
>>
>>39072620
I'd destroy you m80. You can't even work out how to fucking work out.

MY SIDES.
>>
>>39072406
Anytime Fitness has the most locations of any national chain, somewhere in the 2,000's. Find one with a cheap monthly (they differ) and you can go to any in the country. I do it for work because they have a lot in small towns.

Since you have a membership with Golds, and have some time, start shopping for a location with a cheap monthly rent. I've seen them around $20/mo
>>
>>39072642
Yeah i usually just try like hitt workouts and goblet squats and just shorten my rest time. But it isnt ideal.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1475446771704.jpg (12KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1475446771704.jpg
12KB, 720x404px
>>39072647
Die
>>
>>39072655
Im gonna have to look into that. Thanks fitizen
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.