[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do people make excuses for not losing weight? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Dog Roll.png (302KB, 319x342px) Image search: [Google]
Dog Roll.png
302KB, 319x342px
Why the fuck do people make excuses for not losing weight? I've lost 60 pounds in 5 months, and my entire family, both extended and immediate are obese. Do people actually believe this shit?
>>
They're lazy.
>>
>>39071183
But the people that go to these huge lengths to say it's genetics, or bone structure, why are people happy at that much weight?
>>
>>39071145
Same reason people make excuses for anything else, anon: they don't want to accept accountability for the quality of their own lives. Accountability demands responsibility, and that shit sounds like work.
>>
They continually break away from their goals, eat a million calories, and then say to themselves 'tomorrow is a new day'. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>39071213
Personally I lost 170+ lbs so I was there. They think they're happy, they have no idea how much better it can be and make excuses as to why their current state is fine
>>
>>39071145
I'm in the same boat OP.

Worse even is my fat family try and make weight loss constantly sound like a bad thing.
>>
>>39071213
Because they expose themselves to information that makes them feel secure in their life choices. They reinforce that mentalitity so often that you can't convince them otherwise.
>>
>>39071245
I went from 235-175 at 5'11", I wasn't morbidly obese, but clearly overweight and incredibly out of shape, I couldn't even run a quarter mile and now I can breeze a 24 minute 5k. 170 is crazy though, you must feel so much better in your own skin.
>>
>>39071279
I'm still 230 but I look decent. Kinda fucked in the head still but I feel and look better physically. Lost my virginity this year at the age of 26 though, that was neat
>>
>>39071145
>60 lbs in 5 months
>went from 235 to 190 in like 6 months

I'm never gonna make it senpai
>>
>>39071259
That shit really grinds my gears. Bringing you down just because your changes force them to do some self reflection they just can't handle. So instead of actually taking the time for some introspection they'd rather just discourage your personal growth.
>>
>>39071145

For the same fucking reason that caused you to get to the point where you needed to lose 60+ lbs I suspect.

A day before you started dieting the same could have been said of you.
>>
>>39071145
how do i lose weight
>>
>>39071374
Honestly just eat less, stop eating shit like pancakes, pizza, soda, try to limit to ~2000 calories a day
>>
What's funny is that people believe weight loss is some kind of epic legendary crusade while it's actually relatively easy, with a basic knowledge of how nutrition works.

I can cut just fine but holy fuck putting on 1 lb of lean mass in a month is pretty much impossible for me at this point.
>>
>>39071333
You'll make it man, just keep at it.
>>
>>39071259
b-but healthy at any size
>>
>>39071333

Weight is a very unreliable indicator. Measure your waist and arm circumference. Do you feel leaner? Stronger? Better overall? Then you're on the right path, keep at it.
>>
>>39071394
b-but ill be a hungry boy
>>
>>39071508
Not necessarily, if you take a look at the satiety index, things like chicken breast fill you up a ton more per calorie, I often find myself undereating when eating the cleanest.
>>
I'd like to say I'm in the same boat. I've only lost 40 lbs since January. I was supposed to be below 200 by now.
>>
It would involve making changes to other parts of their life that they're too scared to address (unless it's with ranch).

>Take some self assessment test. Supposed to be legit.
>Result comes out saying I'm severely depressed.
>Think to myself "I'm really that unhappy? Can things really be that much better on the other side?"
Slowly started making improvements since then. Focused more on making myself happier and wanting to get in shape just came naturally as a result of being more positive.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.