[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with kyphosis past the age of bone maturity. Can it be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: 143fdgf343.jpg (26KB, 450x263px) Image search: [Google]
143fdgf343.jpg
26KB, 450x263px
Dealing with kyphosis past the age of bone maturity. Can it be reversed/concealed in any way?

Any other anons dealing with this shit? How does it affect your workout routine and daily life?
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 551x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 551x776px
>>39068627
I have a 50 degree on the Cobb angle. Very minor Scherumanss disease according to my doctor. It's fucking painful some days though. It's like a dull sensation between my shoulder blades. The only good thing is that it gives me a wide chest look, even though I'm scrawny.
>>
File: PMC2761858_1748-7161-4-22-13.png (551KB, 512x624px) Image search: [Google]
PMC2761858_1748-7161-4-22-13.png
551KB, 512x624px
>>39069014
Thank you for the reply. Can you post how it looks from the side and one of your back? Or if you don't want that, a pic from the web that looks very close to yours?

I'm worried mine is probably way more than 50 degrees. If that's the case I'll consider surgery. Appointment in 4 days.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>39069184
You're gonna have a hard time convincing a doctor of getting surgery if the curve is anything less than 65 degrees. It's an extremely invasive surgery. They literally implant rods into your spinal cord to fuse it together. Do you know how dangerous that is? Is it painful for you? This is literally what they will do if you some how manage to get surgery.
>>
File: image.png (73KB, 233x204px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73KB, 233x204px
>>39069184
Not only that, but the recover is very long. It would be months. Maybe even a year. Not to mention, there are risk of complications. If the deformity is really that bad, then they will probably consider it. Due to the more severe the deformity, the harder and more painful it is on your body. This is what mind kind of looks like. Just a little less slouchy and less muscle tone. My kyphosis is literally the border line of abnormal. Normal is between 30-50. I actually have Scolosis as well. It's 12. Still negligible but the Scolosis you can tell more. My shoulder blade lookes lt wings.
>>
>>39068627
do some bridges and hyperextensions, and a lot of stretching. thats my best guess, but ive only ever dealt with having scoliosis
>>
>>39069385
>>39069454
The pain is not a problem, the deformity is. If the curve is not big enough for them, then my pretense will be unfathomable pain.

What exactly are the complication of a surgery?
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
>>39069565
Due to medical advancement, not too high, however still worth weighing out. There's a 10% compilation rate. Some people report increased pain after surgery, or limited activity for a long period of time. The worst complicstion is nerve damage to the spinal cord. Which is very very bad. Most mild to moderate deformities by some doctors are not considered to be worth surgery because of the risks. But that depends on the Doctor. Also, the surgery is extremely expensive. Up to 100,000 dollars. Maybe more. I've complained about pain that I actually have to my first doctor and he just rushed me out and ignored me and gave me fucking prescribed aleve and it doesn't do shit for the pain. He tells me to just work out and I'll look and feel better. The only thing I've taken that I've noticed that takes the pain away is DXM and Ketamine.
>>
File: zzap2.jpg (221KB, 768x653px) Image search: [Google]
zzap2.jpg
221KB, 768x653px
>>39069657
Last appointment with my doctor was the first time in my life that someone told me "You can literally do nothing about your problem".

My hunchback look never bothered me because I've always thought that at one point I'd get on it with training and exercise and just correct it. But now my world is kinda falling apart.

Thanks for staying with me though and answering these stupid questions. I didn't even know the price was so high. Is the 10% complication rate involve failure of the surgery to actually benefit the patient in any way? Like failure to improve posture or relieve the pain?
>>
>>39069862
Just make sure to exercise properly and you will notice that your posture will get better, just be patient. I also have the same problem that you do. Fact is, that people don't pay attention to it as much as you do in your head. You're not alone in this, we're gonna make it.
>>
I used to have kyphosis, rolled shoulders and forward head posture. I fixed it by consciously standing up straight until it became natural for me. It was painful and exhausting at first. It took willpower to push through while my muscles adapted and re-balanced themselves.
>>
>>39069862
maybe try a chiropractor
>>
>>39068627
If you've had it before bone maturity maybe not, prior to going to a doctor go to a massage therapist or a rehabilitation center and see if they can correct it. The few people I've seen with kyphosis had it due to postural issues and muscle imbalances, ie anterior muscles were shortened causing the posterior muscles to over extended. If there is back pain maybe try getting your pecs and textual abdominal muscles worked on to lengthen them. It should help.
>>
>>39070034
I break easily. Hope at least you make it though.
>>39070064
You probably had postural kyphosis, the one that can be corrected on-the-spot just by consciously standing up straight. Lucky faggot. Happy for you though.
>>39070083
I've seriously considered it. Alt-medicine seems to only sell hope, so you know things are going down the shitter for me when I'm contemplating a visit.
>>39070116
Started at 15-16. At the very least, I hope kids are getting educated about this stuff today to act before it's too late.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.