[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/izens. Me and my gf are fat. She's average im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: zarya.jpg (99KB, 655x915px) Image search: [Google]
zarya.jpg
99KB, 655x915px
Hi /fit/izens.
Me and my gf are fat.
She's average im overweight.
The thing is, we hate this, we know it's our fault and fat acceptance is bullcrap.
What do? Gym is never going to work.
I'm thinking dumbbells+bench:

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

What do you think /fit/? Also, is cardio needed for me? What about her?

inb4 read the sticky
I read the sticky more times than any of you, no mention to what I'm asking here.
>pic not related
>>
Probably start with a diet until the gym becomes an option
>>
>>39065094
>What do? Gym is never going to work.

what
>>
>>39065102
We are dieting already. Gym is no option beacuse $$$$.
Thanks for answering
>>
File: 1475815171958.jpg (26KB, 639x351px) Image search: [Google]
1475815171958.jpg
26KB, 639x351px
>>39065094
Read the sticky again faggot. Buy equipment accordingly. Also, why wouldn't the gym ever work? It sounds like off the bat you are trying to make excuses.
>>
>>39065094
a) diet
b) cardio
c) bodyweight excercises
d) gym only if you want to get big
>>
>>39065094
What do, you ask? I'm thinking murder-suicide, OP. Get to it.
>>
>>39065115
In that case I'd recommend buying a jump rope and build endurance, do 5 minutes and every day add a minute. Do this 3-4 times a day and then do the same with sit-ups and push-ups, and wall squats. Stop when you start to feel uncomfortable and use that as your base, add +4 every day
>>
>>39065094
>Gym is never going to work
You are never going to work. Kill yourself.
>>
>>39065094

Pic is fat. Pic therefore related.
>>
>>39065094
>zarya
>wet rag for a body
No effort was made to make the getup decent.
>>
>>39065094
Eat less and lose weight.

It's literally in the sticky.

And if you can't afford the gym you should probably consider sorting other aspects of your life out at the same time.
>>
>>39065094
you havent any fucking idea what youre talking about

its 'my gf and i are fat', not 'me and my gf'

how are you gonna work out if you cant syntax?
>>
>>39065270
>t. homosexual
>>
>>39065094
injest more PROTEIN that fills you up
you don't become fat OVERNIGHT
DON'T EAT CHOCOLATE
DON'T EAT BREAD
DON'T EAT PASTA
eat greens to SHIT more
Cardio helps but focuss on EATING LESS
>>
>>39065169
>>39065114
He's probably shy about his body
>>
>>39065094
>Gym is never going to work.
>What do?

Just be fat for the rest of your life, I guess.
>>
>>39065270
It's not a fucking cosplay
People call her Zarya because they're retarded but that was never what she was attempting
>>
>>39065316
if youre a pirate it works
"me are fat"
>>
you will eventually love going to the gym. Don't be scared of it.
>>
>>39066643
Shut up faggot
>>
>>39065094
>What do? Gym is never going to work.
Stopped reading OP right there.
Read the sticky or better yet join reddit.

>>39065115
Bullshits.
>>
>>39065094
Buy a stationary bike from ebay you fat fuck
>>
>>39065094
Fix your diet
Find active hobbies to do together or apart
Do basic calisthenics like pushups sit ups etc
Do some form of cardio like jogging or swimming

You'll lose weight and get "toned" and "shredded" respectively.
It is litterally that easy.
>>
>>39065094
Read the fucking sticky, it answer all your questions. Also stop being a little bitch and join a gym
>>
>>39066556
>He's probably shy about his body

Why not just say it? "I am shy about my body"

grow some fucking balls and get over yourself
>>
If you have enough money to buy the amount of food required to be obese then you have enough money for the gym

Your attitude is fucked and youre never going to make it unless you change that
>>
>>39066556
So? So was/am I and I still went to the gym and still go. It's like thinking you can't go to a driving school because you can't drive.
>>
>>39065094
More like home workouts are never going to work. Been in the position of not wanting to go to the gym and oh boy working out stopped real fast when I tried to do it at home with bench + dumbbells. Going to the gym is scary for only the first 1 or 2 times and after that it's much easier to keep going than keep working out at home.

No one at the gym gives any shits if you're fat or if you lift light weights, they're all there to do their own thing.

Also, motivation is good for getting started but it's discipline that gets you to the goal.
>>
If I'm tracking calories, is eating OATZ all day bad? Need confirmation, I've been doing it because sticky seems to agree with it. I am eating protein and veggies too don't worry. Like OP I'm broke as fuck. I'm trying to drop 40 lbs for Air Force, but I fucked up my heel doing Squats, so I'm stuck with walking at best for cardio.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 500x363px
>>39065094
>me and my girlfriend are fat.
>well, she's not really fat -just me.

What does it mean
>>
>>39067966
People who work out at home or can workout anywhere tend to get fit and stay fit longer then people who's fitness is tied to going to a gym.

If you can't lose weight or get fit and healthty anywhere then you were never going to get fit ever.
>>
>>39065094
It's "my girlfriend and I are fat"

Minus five points
>>
>>39068021
Sure, why not make it a little easier at the start for a person whose current lifestyle is unhealthy and has been for god knows how long.

I mean if you can't do it, better not even try. Right?
>>
File: 1475118055415.jpg (38KB, 750x718px) Image search: [Google]
1475118055415.jpg
38KB, 750x718px
>>39065132
Was going to post exactly this.

If OP's goal is to lose weight and get /fit/, gym is not a necessity.

>>39065094
OP, first off read the sticky.
Secondly, diet is going to be the absolute most important for weight loss.

It's going to be hard. Everyone here will tell you to just eat less like it's simple and easy. It's simple, but it's never easy to fight your own long ingrained habits and addict-like cravings.

Here are my suggestions for starting out:
1) Start eating foods that have a lower calorie density. If you eat so many green vegetables with your meal that you are full, you won't have room to add more and won't have consumed a ton of calories. If you eat a couple candy bars, you will have consumed a ton of calories, but you'll probably still be hungry.

2) Eat nutrient-dense foods. Much of the time, your body is craving particular nutrients rather than simply being empty, but we interpret both as "hunger". If you fill yourself up with so much donuts and soda that you can't take another bite, you should be full... but your body may still be sending you signals that it needs something more. Get more whole plant foods in your diet, get fewer sugar- and oil-laden foods, get fewer refined grains (white bread, pasta, etc.).

3) Speaking of cutting things from your diet, the sooner you can cut added sugar out of your diet, the better. Refined sugar does a number on the human body, plus it adds a lot of nutritionless calories, plus there are studies to suggest that it is chemically addictive.

4) Add to your diet things that make you feel full for longer. Protein (lean meats, beans, green vegetables) and fiber (beans again, whole grains, whole fruits and veg) are absorbed more slowly and will keep you feeling full for longer.
>>
File: 1470035560956.jpg (84KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1470035560956.jpg
84KB, 500x667px
>>39068213
5) Once you feel like you're gaining some control over what you eat, calorie counting will be your friend. You don't need to do it to lose weight, but knowing how many calories you should be eating, and working to average within those limits will help guide your food choices. It will also help on days where you fuck up and eat the pizza, because you can figure out how many calories were in it and know how many fewer calories you need to eat today/tomorrow to average it out and still be in your limits.

6) Drink lots of water.

7) A lot of fat people are emotional eaters. Figure out what your triggers are - do you eat when you're bored? Do you eat when you're upset at your gf? Do you eat when you're stressed out from work? Figure out what triggers you to eat when you're not hungry, and replace it with another habit (preferably a healthy one. I replaced overeating with smoking, and it was a bad idea).

8) Whereas diet is going to be most important for losing weight, exercise should not be ignored. It will burn some extra calories (not enough to make up for a shit diet, unless you're exercising long and intensely almost every day), it will give you some extra energy, and it will help you enjoy feeling healthier and liking the way your body looks when you're not a lard. You don't have to have some complicated routine or lift heavy, unless you are trying to be a big athlete. Start out with what cardio you can do, whether that is just walking or going for runs or looking for kickboxing exercise routines on YouTube, whatever. Add resistance - this can be simple bodyweight exercises.

9) Also not necessary for losing weight, but helpful - meditate. Good meditation practice helps develop impulse control (among other possible benefits), and impulse control definitely helps with diet

10) Be patient. It'll be a month before you can even see a difference. It'll be longer before other people notice. Keep going

You're gonna make it, soon-to-be /fit/izen
>>
>fat and can't afford gym

What about shit like this to get you started?
http://hundredpushups.com
http://www.100squatsaday.com
http://www.twohundredsitups.com
http://www.onefiftydips.com
http://www.c25k.com
>>
>>39065094
>Gym is never going to work

you already failed
>>
>>39068068
Eating less food, doing basic calisthenics, and going outside into their own yards is the simplest fucking thing there is.

Gym is a needless expense and layer of complexity that will give them nothing that a better diet and more activity on top of a half decent exercise plan done consistently can not.
>>
>>39065270
>image older than overwatch
>obviously not a cosplay
>somehow a cosplay
???
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.