[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else >high protein >lactose intolerant How do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: NothingMore.jpg (412KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
NothingMore.jpg
412KB, 1000x666px
Who else
>high protein
>lactose intolerant

How do you do it? Unless you can afford to consume 18 oz of chicken a day it seems impossible to get sufficient protein without powder.
>>
Are you white?
>>
>>39056698

Chicken where I live costs 2 dollars a lb. Thats 4 dollars a day for chicken 28 dollars a week.

Unless you are fucking poor as dirt theres no reason you cant afford this.
>>
>>39056698
Good band
>>
>>39056698
buy pea protein from myprotein
>>
I think whey protein isolate is supposed to be ok for lactose intolerant people, it's a little bit more expensive tho.
>>
>>39056893
First time I heard them they were opening for A Day to Remember and they put on the best performance of the night hands down.
>>
>>39056698
Why not just drink soymilk or almond milk?
Also, peanut butter is pretty cheap. You can buy a 6 pound tub of Peter Pan peanut butter at Walmart for $14
>>
File: 1475623193423.jpg (308KB, 1019x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1475623193423.jpg
308KB, 1019x1019px
>>39056698
>lactose intolerant
>How do you do it?

Eat shit, faggot. I am on hard mode with an ovo-lacto vegetarian.

>inbr vagetarian

I am a vegetarian for the same reason I don't do cocaine anymore. I don't need someone else to die for me to sustain myself. Get on my level.
>>
I'm a vegan so I can't even eat shit loads of chicken. I eat tons of tofu, beans, nuts and I have soy isolate. Get some soy isolate mate, it's goat.
>>
>>39057499
>tofu

I am a vegetarian and I avoid tofu and soy the best I can. I use to eat a lot of it, and then I stopped when I learned about the progesterone. My personality changed significantly. I stopped being as emotional, and wimpy, and became more assertive. My GF at the time definitely noticed and appreciated it a lot more.
>>
>>39057478
"I dont need someone to die for me to sustain myself" - that's such a retarded thing to say. Hypocrite.
>>
Pea protein and hemp protein
>>
File: dafuq.jpg (80KB, 625x403px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.jpg
80KB, 625x403px
>>39057545
lmao what a load of shit. I eat tons of the stuff and I'm plenty assertive and far from emotional.
>>
File: 1475305415579.png (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475305415579.png
128KB, 1000x1000px
>>39057563
>denial
That's what you think. Cut out the soy, and you'll break through your faggoty bonds to become the true alpha you were meant to be.

Quinoa + Amaranth
>>
>>39057559
How am I a hypocrite?
>>
>>39057563
soy is shit.
goat vegan proteinsources are:
Hemp, almond flour, quinoa amaranth chickpeas lentils pea protein nuts seeds
>>
>>39057588
sure thing bud
>>39057675
yeah I get most of my protein from actual food, mostly beans, lentils, nuts and veggies but I top it off with a soy shake. I've found the rice, hemp and other vegan shakes have tasted awful.
>>
>>39057696
just pure splenda in them
>>
>>39057545
You know that stuff was debunked right?

I am vegetarian, get my protein from green veg, eggs, cottage cheese, beans and quarn products.
>>
File: mywarmup.jpg (724KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
mywarmup.jpg
724KB, 1500x2000px
>>39057715
but I enjoy the soy ones from myprotein. There is nothing wrong with soy, plenty of studies have disproved the idea that it lowers test are raises estrogen.
>>
>>39057735
organic tofu and soy is fine. but the chemically fucked shit one isnt any good. just like ultra pastaurized homogenized milk isnt good

>debunked
nope, just according to the very ppl who fuckign sell it
>>
>>39057793
mate I'm currently studying nutrition at uni and wrote a paper on soy last year. Plenty of evidence debunking those claims and it does not come from the soy industry.
>>
>>39057830
yeah nah
>>
>>39057839
nice response. You're wrong.
>>
>>39057830
Where did the myth even come from?

There are so many stupid "facts" that people take as absolute truth when it comes to nutrition.
>>
>>39056698
I consume milk together with a fiber source. I never get any discomfort when I drink milk with oats.
>>
>>39057843
no u
>>
>>39056909
this, minus that particular brand
>>
>>39057830
Obviously it has estrogen in it. Question is whether that estrogen is enough quantity to matter or not. I could never find any study on whether PIS could have any impact on estrogen levels, though. Do you have any?
>>
>>39057847
soy does contain phytoestrogen that doesn't affect us since it's not animal estrogen (which actually can be found in milk). But I imagine that is where it comes from, retards on /fit/ just repeat the lie because they heard it once and never bothered to look into it further.
>>
>>39056803
>Chicken where I live
>I don't know where you live but you must be poor
>>
>>39057877
I'm on a new PC, let me see if I have my work from last year, if I do I will link you but I don't think I do.
>>
YOO GUNNA SEE THESE GUYS NEXT WEEK IN TUCSON
>>
>>39057877
A few months ago I read an abstract of a study comparing three groups of people doing strength programs, one consuming dairy protein (supplemented), one consuming normal protein (not supplemented), and the last one consuming normal protein + soy protein (supplemented). The last group although was consuming more protein than the normal group, did worse. I couldn't find the study again.
>>
>>39057545
If placebo has a name is because it works.
>>
>>39057929
Found it
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25702958
>>
>>39057977
Did you even read the study?

179 healthy older adults (age 61.5 ± 7.4 yrs, BMI 27.6 ± 3.6 kg/m(2))

Whats the point in a study about fat old people? It does not have the same relevance to us as lifters.
>>
>>39057478
>I don't need animals to die to sustain yourself

I hope you understand that the alternative is those animals not being born in the first place.
>>
>>39058027
> It does not have the same relevance to us as lifters.
As a matter of fact, you are stating that it doesn't. Do you have any proof?
>>
>>39056698
Ever heard of lactase, you fucking sperg?
>>
>>39058067
are u fucking stupid or what
>>
>>39058027
ofc it does u dumbass
>>
>>39057977

(HP-D 92.1 ± 40.8%, HP-S 63.0 ± 23.8%,UP 92.3 ± 35.4%; P = 0.002 treatment effect).

What do these first numbers mean, and why is the soy based protein in the 60s whilst normal and whey in the 90s.

I looked for a full text, but there is nothing more than an abstract i would like to see some information on the participants what their diet was like, it would have been good if they logged hormone levels.
>>
Calories are more important than proteins for growth for natty gains. More mass = more you
>>
>>39058097 here.

>>39058027
Just to make it clear, I don't have any conflicts with the results. In fact, I would like to make sure that PIS is safe to consume because it's a whole lot cheaper.

>>39058214
What first numbers?
>HP-D (high protein dairy)
>92.1% (standard deviation 40.8% -- so a fucking lot of variability)
>HP-S (high protein soy)
>63.0% (standard deviation 23.8%)
>UP (usual protein)
>92.3% (standard deviation 35.4%)
>P = 0.002 means that there is a 0.2% chance of the differences between the groups being do to random chance
>>
>>39058067
THAT is what makes it a good thing. rearing animals for meat expends huge amounts of water and energy and is in the top 3 leading causes of climate change.
>>
>>39058258
It all comes out to positive nitrogen balance in the end. The more calories you ingest, the less protein you need to maintain a PNB. If you eat at or above the TDEE, 1.2g/protein is enough. If you eat below the TDEE, you usually need more protein (i.e. in a cut).
>>
>>39056698
I work in a restaurant so I get free chicken.I usually eat chicken with rice/pasta for my meals at work, then oatmeal and protein powder when I get off. It's not hard.
>>
>>39057977
>The study was supported by a competitive peer-reviewed grant from the Dairy Health and Nutrition Consortium, Australia (Bega Cheese/Tatura Milk Industries, Fonterra Australia, Lion Dairy and Drinks, Murray Goulburn Co-operative, Parmalat Australia, Warrnambool Cheese and Butter, Geoffrey Gardiner Foundation, Dairy Australia, and Dairy Innovation Australia).
>>
>>39058261
Ok so its just the percentage of strength gained then the deviation between participants.

This shit has got me worried, i stopped eating meat a year a go and i consume a fair amount of soy along with eggs and dairy for protein.

I have made good gains since dropping meat, but i am worried its gonna ruin my gains long term.

Added 85kg to my total this year, and have been lifting just over 3 years.
>>
>>39058321
Don't worry. Said study failed to achieve any statistically significant results in strength in any exercise other than the leg press 8RM. Not only that, the HP-S (soy) group had much greater initial (baseline) strength in the leg press 8RM test to begin with, which suggests that the groups were not random and might've been tampered with. Besides that, if you look at the actual perpetrator (soy isoflavones), they are actually (according to people on Reddit) a hormone normalizer, meaning that if estrogen levels are too high, isoflavones help lower them, if they are too low, isoflavones raise them. The same goes to testosterone. I wouldn worry an to be honest the next time I'm going shopping I'm gonna buy soy protein instead.
>>
>>39056803
Chicken where I live is 10 dollars per lb. Newsflash retard, prices aren't the same everywhere.
How are people this fucking thick
>>
>tfw she stuck around for you
>>
>>39056698

Pay $2 for WPI over WPC.

Don't drink milk.
>>
>>39057478
>he doesn't cycle cocaine to get shredded and for jaw gains
LMAO
>>
>>39058284
>1.2 grams of protein is enough
What?
>>
Eggs? Tuna? Ground beef?

How about actually doing some fucking research?
>>
>>39058700
Sorry, 1.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight.
>>
>>39057853
Sorry but that sounds like complete bullshit
Go any source to back that up?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.