[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>back from uni >rearrange bedroom to something mature >put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: Nieve.png (64KB, 351x738px) Image search: [Google]
Nieve.png
64KB, 351x738px
>back from uni
>rearrange bedroom to something mature
>put desktop in a spare room, only set up laptop and speakers
>start hitting the gym, cooking, eating meals with no distractions
>start talking to some cute 16 year old
>been outside tanning up
>planned an international trip with a friend for early next year
>seeing family
>lifting on schedule every day, sometimes even earlier throughout the day since i'm that bored (works cut back my hours ALOT)

>haven't touched a video game in two weeks
>making mad life gains for two weeks
>just want to whip out the desktop and start talking to this bad bitch again

I'm 19 am I too old for this shit now?
Who has curved the habit of video games and how? Was it worth?
>>
>>39050555
Nothing wrong with having a desktop out for other things than video games, I use mine for sound synthesis and composition.
>>
>>39050571
But it makes a desk look so clunky and retarded, having a monitor, mouse, keyboard and mousepad.

Literally only things on it now is the laptop, speakers, and two plants to add vibe.
>>
File: 1476075911998.jpg (10KB, 239x253px) Image search: [Google]
1476075911998.jpg
10KB, 239x253px
>>39050555
I quit some 7 months ago without even trying, bought a meme thinkpad so cant play shit.

I miss it from time to time, and still spend time doing nothing, but i know that if i start again ill play 5 hours straight everyday so fuck that.
>>
>>39050555
I quit video games but I find myself just replacing the time I wasted on it with time on 4chan

What do?
>>
>>39050614
Problem is I have like 8 hours a day spare right now I just refresh Facebook and /fit/.
Could be grinding 72 slayer or 99 def, which I know means absolutely nothing, but I find it a waste of time to not be grinding something in life.
>>
>>39050555
>I'm 19 am I too old for this shit now?

yes, around the same time I dropped video games too out of lack of interest
>>
>>39050596
So what? It's better to work on a desktop and most laptops are too slow for what I'm doing.
>>
It's called moderation. No reason to drop it all together.
Retards who do that probably just browse 4chan more.
>>
>>39050685
I don't work, I browse 4chan, YouTube and Facebook.
Having a big desktop in your room just looks aspie as fuck.
>>39050700
I can't moderate, I played WoW 18 hours a day before I came home then I quit. There's no in between, it's either all or none of my spare time goes to MMO's.
>>
>>39050650
same desu

I browse like 4-6 hours a day and I have to study for exams. Life is shit, but at least my grades/gains are fine.
>>
File: IMG_0748.jpg (824KB, 1215x3031px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0748.jpg
824KB, 1215x3031px
>>39050654

Start journaling and reading non fiction and fiction. Try to enrich your mind as much as possible. Spend an hour a day doing this and gradually increase it. Pic related is a book list.
>>
Whatever you do don't go back to the games. I used to always go back to scape even though I was literally maxed already and it's the biggest waste of time especially when you are a total loner on the game.
>>
>>39050555

>I'm 19 am I too old for this shit now?

No, there's literally nothing wrong with a grown up playing video games in his spare time. It's just kinda bad if that's all you do in your spare time (speaking from experience).
>>
>>39050727
Then drop the hobby and do nothing with your time dumbass.
You learn moderation through discipline. It doesn't happen overnight.
>>
>>39050810
Yeah I have one good friend on there, I just enjoy the grind kind of. You have something to show for your time, you know?

>>39050822
That's all I would do, fuck it I'm going to be like a heroin addict and just try not play.
>>
>>39050654
idk man just do time-consuming things you enjoy.

For me its cooking and reading, find something you enjoy.
Sleeping more is never a bad thing too

And some advice on reading, dont pick up books because you saw them in some le redpill infographic, you wont finish %80 of them. Pick something you just enjoy and let wankers ride their high horses
>>
>>39050933
That redpilled info graph has books pretty hard to understand, I had to force myself through them but like Julius evola is a hard guy to understand
>>
>>39050772
Good list for the Aryan mind
>>
>>39050555
I quit video games a couple years ago, literally the best decision of my life. Stick with it, it won't be long until you don't even think about video games anymore, and then you can actually enjoy life and youth instead of wasting your days making pixels move.
>>
>>39050976
Enjoy it how?
>>
>>39050555

Men who tan intentionally are fucking gay. You might as well find a boyfriend now and save yourself the despair of wasted time in the future.
>>
>>39051031
I'm white as fuck, why can't I just spend 20 minutes outside a day and get golden all over in a couple of weeks?
>>
>>39051073

If you are just laying out soaking in the sun gay as fuck bro. Do some yard work shirtless and instantly not gay.
>>
>>39050650
iktf
also I don't miss the average games at all. realized long ago they are all SHIT. there's a reason I haven't been able to enjoy any single player games for 5 years sober and it wasn't me fucking up my endorphins or anything. I had simply outgrown that garbage and only drugs or alcohol would make me dumb enough to enjoy it. the writing in the best games is still so terrible it would never make it into even a tv show let alone a book.

I just miss dota.
>>
>>39051031
Going to the tan salon is full homoxex, but theres nothing wrong with getting dat dere tan in the pool with the lads
>>
my school and gains were both doing great when I dropped video games. then I relapsed, soon I was fucking burnt out from school. stopped doing work, still went to gym though. now I'm trying to control it but TBPH I just want to be a neet and play vidya and lift. those two I can handle. school or work is too much on top of that.

i don't even want anything in life neetbux won't cover
>>
File: 1470864995029.jpg (17KB, 410x415px) Image search: [Google]
1470864995029.jpg
17KB, 410x415px
>>39050555
>curved the habit of video games
You loss anon, I'll never stop gaming and my gf is cool with that
>>
>>39051567
but what about muh le not productive hobby meme?

Whatever happened to just doing shit to have fun? Why the fuck does something need to produce something if you enjoy doing it?
>>
>>39050650
Same, quit WoW a month before Legion hit. My time on 4chan went up tenfold. I'm back to videogames now though, but only casually HS and Overwatch. Finding a good balance, but I am noticing it affects my life more than it should still.
>>
>>39050555
You sound like my classmate. He's always going on about the new life change, reddit memes, his gf, how fun his life is....too bad its all a farce. People want to seem interesting and more responsible to others. In reality you're just going through a small phase of productivity that will probably collapse once the cold weather hits
>>
File: pepefork.jpg (16KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
pepefork.jpg
16KB, 352x352px
>>39050810
>tfw all of your friends quit and you still play
>>
>>39050847
I used to think similarly. The thought of getting 1b exp+, high ranks overall and skills, 50m, 100m skills was some kind competitive trap, an efficiency dick measuring competition for me.
It is literally all for nothing. No one truly gives a fuck. Especially on RS where it's just pretty much "I've spent X amount of hours longer on the game than you."

Don't continue playing just because you always have especially on Eocscape that shit cancerous with the spins.
>>
Stoner?
>>
>>39050555
Quit OSRS about 9 days ago
tried quitting in the past and the longest i ever stopped playing any games was about 4 months.

Best way to quit is to get rid of everything to do with it, Dropped my whole bank. Sold my Xbox games so i only use it as a DVD player
>>
>>39050555
for me everything is in balance. I´m having good grades at uni, while never missing a workout and have per day about 2hours to play some dota.

>tfw lifts go up, grades go up and mmr goes up
>>
>>39050555
curved it from running and programming. Haven't played a game by myself since June. Feels good and started rekindling old hobbies like rock climbing too. It's worth feel better than high school, freshman and sophomore year of college.
>>
>>39051567
>my gf is cool with that

Look guys. His gf lets him do what he wants.
>>
There is no point in playing RuneScape anymore. It was all about noobly exploring the world, achieving unimpressive things and being proud of them, listening to fantastic MIDI music that will stick to our minds forever and dreaming about beating Zezima one day.

>I was so fucking happy
>when I got my first full addy
>2005 best times
>>
>curve
It's fucking curb, you idiots
>>
>>39050555
nieve a slut
>>
File: D3hkpko.jpg (42KB, 494x457px) Image search: [Google]
D3hkpko.jpg
42KB, 494x457px
>>39050555
Have only played vidya socially in the past year feelsfuckinamazingman
Occasionally get down dumps thinking about my wasted teenage years and how I still waste time on here, fitmisc and lookism but I see how far I've come in terms of fitness, looks, lifestyle and social life and know that if I keep going as I have been the only way is up
>>
i haven't played OSRS in like 2 months now, when do raids come out anon?

rip nieve ;_;
>>
>>39052885
>>
>>39051031
Yeah fuck doing anything to make yourself look better that's for gays! All you need to get girls is confidence bro.
>>
>>39051335
I lived like this for a year a few years ago, the only 2 things I did was work 3 days a week (sat+sun so it upped my salary quite a bit) and play video games. It was super fun in the beginning but after about 6 months I started drinking every day because I got so incredibly lonely. Nowadays I still play from time to time but almost have no time for it at all because of work and school, but Im surrounded by people instead which makes me much happier.
>>
>>39050654
get a job
>>
I play semi-hardcore WoW and i'm not a social retard and I lift as well.
>>
>mfw study law
>play games more than ever
>still on a 2:1
>>
> play maplestory for 10 years
> try and go back to it every 6 months
> it's not the same
> the ship has sailed
> grinding through maple has been replaced by grinding through life

:(
>>
>>39050555
>he hasnt completed Monkey Madness 2
L O L you were never good anyway
>>
>>39050555
All I do is lift, work, see gf, and play WoW
9 days 22 hours since Legion released
Lifting since Sept 2014
>>
I miss thr pre EOC era lads... Osrs is a glorified private server.

Also, Dungeoneering and Stealing Creation were my shit
>>
>>39050953
Any easy to read redpill books you know of? My hobby is watching movies and I want to go from watching to reading more
>>
>>39051913

Modern society doesn't respect people with unproductive hobbies, and since they don't respect you they treat you as less human than them. It gives them a superiority complex
>>
>>39051567
See, I have the opposite problem where both the gf and I are (almost) NEETs who just play games, lift, and do soft drugs all week. I want to change, but she doesn't have the willpower from years of battling depression. I kept telling her that getting out of this lifestyle will help, but she doesn't want to try because if it fails, she'll be even more depressed.
>>
>>39050555
it's only a problem if you are the problem. kind of like alcohol.
>>
>>39050555
skyrim remaster is going to do some bad things to my social life, especially with the mods on ps4
>>
>>39050772
ive read the way of men. the guy who wrote it is a homosex so he cant see how women can be useful in a masculine lifestyle. His ideal of masculinity is hanging out in the forest with his bros.
>>
video games are time killers, not a fucking hobby, stop being so stupid
>>
>>39063510
this
/thread
>>
>>39050727
Sounds like you have the same problem I did. I got hooked on Destiny and never quiet quit Runescape for the last 10 years. I just had to quit cold turkey for a while

I started lifting again and picked up a couple other hobbies like learning piano. Pick up an instrument that you've always wanted to learn. Bitches love the guitar but if you don't want a sloot try the piano.

After I established some good habits I picked back up on the vidya. Now I still dedicate time to everything else during the day but when I have spare time and nothing else to do I play some vidya

If you really are like me it's not about forcing yourself to learn moderation, it's more about kicking the habit until you're more responsible with your time
>>
Video games just started boring me one day I hardly ever play them anymore
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.