[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point in cutting if you're just going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

What's the point in cutting if you're just going to gain the fat back on your next bulk?

Assuming you're not carrying around a ton of fat, of course. Then i can understand the purpose. But it seems like bulk/cut cycles are just a way to spin wheels.
>>
>>39032106
Yes, you can gain fat and then gain more fat if that's what you really want, son.
>>
>>39032106
If you get to too high a %bf it can cause problems for you. So it is often a good alternative to bulk to 18-20% bf and then cut down and start again than to gain until you are >20% bf.
>>
>>39032205
Like i said, assuming you're not carrying around enough fat for it to be unhealthy.

I want to have less fat, sure, but it's discouraging to realize that i'll just gain it back when i start my next bulk.
>>
What's the point in wiping your ass if you're just going to shit again?
>>
>>39032263
I'm not following.

Given that you are bulking, you are guaranteed to eventually be carrying a bunch of fat. Whether this is 20% or 25% to you doesn't matter, since you agree that at this point a cut makes sense.

Then you begin a cut so that you are not carrying a bunch of fat.

The only way this does not happen is if you more or less hover around maintenance.
>>
File: facefunny.jpg (16KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
facefunny.jpg
16KB, 600x700px
>>39032106
You cut to enjoy the fruits of your gym labor, aka to enjoy having muscles and not being overweight.

You bulk to grow more muscle, and as a side effect usually some fat.

What's difficult about this concept?
>>
after some months gains will stop

cut is good because after it you will be able to have gains again
>>
>>39032106
>what's the point of waking up if I'm just going to go back to sleep?

One of the bigger wews in recent memory, anon. Very nice. Very nice indeed.

Also check em.
>>
File: 1463562528836.jpg (32KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463562528836.jpg
32KB, 500x400px
>>39032205
>ever being as high as 18% or even 20%
>>
OP here. I'm not fat, but i want tricut because i want to be ripped. Obviously. But it'd inpossible to be ripped year-round unless you don't care about gaining more muscle or strength?

On one hand, i feel like i haven't built enough muscle to justify a cut. On the other, i want to be leaner. I recently had to take a week off because i stopped making progress and was even regressing, my form was shit.. i was lifting 6 times per week and doing a ton of dropsets every day, so i suspect that i overtrained. After the week off, i'm weaker but immediatelty went into a calorie deficit. I wonder if i should try to regain strength instead, though...

Also, to everyone making the "why go to sleep if you're just going to wake up" argument: because i want to become stronger and gain more muscle and become leaner over time, not just vacillate between periods of leanness and... not leanness. You know, actual progress.
>>
>>39032438
what's the point of showering if i'm just going to the gym again in 24hrs?
>>
>>39032475

>not lean bulking
>>
>>39032106
i can simplify it for you, do you want to lose weight eat less than you burn want to gain eat more than you burn, if you want to spin you wheels eat maintance
>>
>>39032687
Man why does nobody in this thread understand my dilemma?

I want to look better and become stronger OVER TIME, making linear progress, not just look good half the year and bulk the other half. Each year i want to look better than the last, be stronger than the last.
>>
>>39032823
then eat less when bulking
>>
>>39032842
I do. I eat a very small caloric surplus and thus make very slow progress, but it's impossible not to gain SOME fat while bulking. Like i said, i'm not fat. I'm just not super lean.
>>
>>39032993
You only cut and bulk until you get the body you want (you'll never get it because you'll always want to be bigger but whatever ), then you stop and you only eat at maintenance.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.