[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first time being a member in a gym >get hyped to do /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1447336994663.jpg (45KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1447336994663.jpg
45KB, 540x429px
>first time being a member in a gym
>get hyped to do /fit/ sticky routine
>we're all gonna make it
>get introduced to gym instructor
>forced to do his routine
>all 3x12 with a lot of machine use
>still has another session with the said instructor

HOLY FUCK I AM SO FUCKING MAD. HE EVEN MADE ME DO FUCKING THREE FUCKING AB WORKOUT.
>>
>>39028735
>forced

was this a stipulation of your membership contract?
>>
>>39028735
Show him your /fit/ routine and tell him to help you with it. Talking ain't that hard, anon.
>>
Going to have to call bullshit on this one. I seriously doubt the gym MADE you do the routine.
>>
>>39028750
>>39028765
>>39028774

After measuring my body, he wrote some routine for me. How do I say no to that without being arrogant?
>>
>>39028786
"Thank you, but I've done some research on this, and I'd like to try something else."
>>
>>39028820
"If you can squat and DL 315 with good form, I'll try your routine. Otherwise, fuck off, Bruce."
>>
probably it's for the best, just do it for a week and then the next you start your routine

honestly when you are beginner you aren't even able to get all the juice from a 5x5 routine because your muscles and CNS aren't used to max effort lifts, so probably you would feel like you did nothing at all at the end of the routine

3x12 at the start is better so you get a hang of the form without injuring yourself

>>39028786

just say that your focus is getting strong with barbells instead of getting fit and for that you need to use the free weights zone, then ask him for help on the form and shit like that
>>
>>39028820
>>39028840

I think I'll just stick to his routine for the first week. Thanks guys.

I also learned that using the olympic bar is fucking heavy, shit is real. I am accustomed to using the regular one
>>
File: 1474791827082.gif (835KB, 280x189px) Image search: [Google]
1474791827082.gif
835KB, 280x189px
>>39028885
Okay I have no emotional reaction to that.
>>
>>39028786
In my experience the first time you go at the gym they write a "personalized" routine (which is just a bunch of randomly selected exercises) and then they leave you alone from then on.
So just do your own routine when you go there the next time(s), he probably won't even remember.
>>
>>39028885
if you think an olympic bar is heavy then fucking stick to your instructor's meme machine routine
freeweights is not for you yet
>>
>>39028735
What are you complaining about here?
Is he in shape? If so, you should follow his advise.
Machines = garbage is a /fit/ meme
>>
>>39029074
He's body is actually DYEL but I could say he is strong. Probably not into bulking. Woah so it's all a meme? Holy shit.
>>
>>39028735
If you are this autistic when it comes to simple interactions with other people you might as well not even start lifting because you're never gonna make it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.