[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright so my cousin is 12 hes going into judo and wants to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: GSLP.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
GSLP.png
47KB, 547x465px
alright so my cousin is 12
hes going into judo and wants to get strong.
im having him do pic related and run 8km
Also my cousin is 13 and playing soccer.
so im having him do this but with frontsquats and running twice a week instead.
anything i should add or take out?
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>39025964
Stop touching his ding a ling and ruining his childhood you monster.
>>
12 year old shouldnt be doing heavy compounds just make him do some simple shit like pushups
>>
>>39026726
Fuck off and shut up.

As long as he's eating enough and knows his limits 12 years old is fine for compound movements.

>>39025964
Add in curls and dips. And any other isolations they wanna do which they think are fun. As long as they do the other shit first adding a bunch of work they enjoy will make them ore likely to stick with the program.

Get them doing a load of conditioning if you can as well. Supersetting dumbbell accessories in a circuit with lowish weight for several minutes until they're sucking air will really help them with their respective sports.
>>
>>39026773
i make them do a lot of burpees
and we dont have a dip station so are straitbar dips ok?
also are drop sets the same as supersets?
>>
>>39026794
I'd avoid straight bar dips.

For the super sets I was thinking something like:
set of 10 dumbbell rows in each hand
5 pullups
20 seconds of push ups
20 seconds of bench jumps (literally just jump from floor to bench)
rest for 1 minute (or whatever rest time allows them to recover but not get their breath back)
repeat 3 times.

Do similar things with other exercises as well, you could do lateral raises with really light weight, lunges, bodyweight squats. Just make sure they are absolutely gassed by it.

For soccer especially having that sort of conditioning training will put him head and shoulders above his peers.
>>
>>39025964
>12
>lifting
I bet he will enjoy being a manlet
>>
>>39026995
This is a myth. There has never been any evidence that weight training causes early closure of growth plates or reduces the expected height of someone. Unless you'd like to cite a study that suggests otherwise.

It is literally mom science.
>>
>>39027034
It's not that it automatically causes early closure but, as the growth plates are weaker, children are much more susceptible to damaging the growth plates and stunting growth as a result.

You may be right and I'm not an expert but this is the prevailing theory.
>>
what's up with you autists writing routines in an IDE?
>>
>>39027056
How are the growth plates going to be damaged by resistance training? If anything the increase in bone density as an adaptation to the training massively reduces the chances of injury.
>>
>>39027062
They screen shot more nicely desu
>>
>>39027062
>Why would you use extensible programs built to enhance readability, navigation, and editing of text to do text based stuff in
This question will plague man for generations
>>
>>39025964
bait thread, kill yourself my man
no one can be this autistic
>>
>>39027072
When you train, you doing damage to your musculoskeletal system. If you train sensibly, your body responds to this damage and you get stronger. If you overtrain, the damage can be serious. If you're a kid, as the musculoskeletal system is not fully developed, it is a lot easier to overtrain.
>>
>>39027130
M.Sc. in bro
>>
>>39027144
I'm not claiming to be an expert, I'm just explaining the training effect theory. It's really elementary stuff.
>>
>>39027130
Overtraining is a meme used by people to justify their weakness when really they're just not trying hard enough.

Under recovery is a much bigger problem. But this is unlikely to occur in a 12 year old whose body is currently ramping up hormone production and is living a lifestyle with relatively little stress.

As long as they eat enough and train sensibly they are at one of the best stages of their life to make physical fitness a habit. Unless OP is a complete mong and starts loading up massive weights before they're ready they'll be fine.

>>39027169
Training effect theory is like atomic model theory. It's useful for describing physical processes but it isn't really correct. It's just a good model to help build understanding.
>>
>>39027169
So you learned it in your undergrad at brocademy?

It's a gross oversimplification, and also an incorrect one. Maybe you need a PhD. in Bro, so you'd be a bro doctor, instead of a mere bro scientist.
>>
>>39027193
>>39027195
You are probably right and all professional trainers and coaches are wrong. I'm just too blue-pilled because I have been doing competitive sport all my life and have been surrounded by them. I come on /fit/ to get red-pilled.
>>
>>39027255
You know you can arrive at a sub optimal but adequate conclusion with incorrect information, right? But you're right, I'll ask the winos in the shit suburbs what bottle to drink when I go to a nice place to eat, because they've got the most experience.
>>
>>39027255
I've been told by professional trainers than I shouldn't take creatine because my ligaments won't keep up with my gains and I'll injure myself.

I've been told by a coach that I shouldn't squat to parallel because it'll injure my knees. Despite the fact that squatting deep transfers the load from your knees to your quads.

Coaches are good at drilling for sports specific scenarios and training. They are usually crap at other stuff.

The welsh rugby academies have been miles ahead of their other home nations counterparts for the past decade and the only thing they really do different is their emphasis on weight training for young athletes.
>>
>>39027287
That's interesting. I know the consensus can often be wrong. Ice baths are still all the rage, especially in my sport (athletics) but scientists in cycling have known for years that they're completely pointless.

But just because they are wrong some of the time doesn't mean they are always wrong, which is why I think it's worth noting their ideas.
>>
>>39027319
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3445252/

Just FYI

A well-designed strength training program following the recommended loads, sets, and repetitions appropriate for the young athlete’s age and body habitus should not excessively stress growth plates.9,31 Sports such as gymnastics and baseball, which involve repetitive impact and torque, provide a greater risk of epiphyseal injury.9

The rare case reports of epiphyseal plate fractures related to strength training are attributed to misusing equipment, lifting inappropriate amounts of weight, using improper technique, or training without qualified adult supervision.10,22,37 These factors emphasize the need for trained fitness professionals to teach correct form and monitor a logical progression of weight.
>>
>>39027342
Thanks.

>epiphyseal plate fractures related to strength training are attributed to ... using improper technique
A consideration is that growth spurts also make you less coordinated, which may affect technique. Perhaps the reason many people refuse to do weight training for kids is that they have to spend so much time on the technique that it's not worth it.
>>
>>39027403
I think a big part of it comes down to weight training not being particularly 'fun' in the conventional sense compared to other sports.

The only people I know who picked up weights during their teenage years with any real eye on proper training were all rugby players or martial artists.
>>
>>39026830
thanks
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.