[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>next to no calories at all >tastes only slightly different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

>next to no calories at all
>tastes only slightly different than the real deal

ok, what's the catch? Besides being pumped full of the normal additives and shit, are diet sodas really only lacking sugar?
>>
Caffeine , dawg.
>>
No catch.
>>
Carbonated water and flavourings with no sugar I'm guessing.
>>
>>39025812
Aspartame. Cancer. Bad. Foreign substances. Stick to water
>>
>>39025812
They taste like dog shit, and are full of carcinogenic sweeteners.

Drink water faggot.
>>
It'll still spike your insulin, and typically the more sweet things you consume, the more you'll desire sweet things.

Cutting out cokes of any kind is a major step toward eating healthier because once you stop drinking liquid sugar 8 times a day your palate becomes more adjusted to other flavors.
>>
>>39025815
The catch is that it conditions your palate to like overly sweet things, which makes you want more sweet things and makes normal foods taste bland. Assuming all the ingredients are ok to consume, it is a poor choice for anyone that wants to enjoy healthy, normal foods.

Also I think I've heard/read that carbonated beverages are bad for you, even if it's just sparkling water. But idk about that, considering you just burp it out anyway
>>
Dunno how anyone can drink this literal poison, my roommate at the moment has LITERALLY 9 bottle of 2L coke in the fridge. I'm genuinely surprised he's not fucking dead

But then again, I eat a packet of mints a day which is probably just as bad
>>
>>39025821
>>39025819

There are no proven effects of them being carcinogenic.
>>
>tastes only slightly different than the real deal
>>
>>39025812
diet tastes like soda mixed with chalk
>>
>need to get your sugar fix
Never gonna make it.
If you can't cut soda how are you gonna cut any other sweets.
>>
>>39025812
Artificial sweeteners promote insulin resistance just like regular sugar. That's the catch.
>>
File: ABC DIET ROOT BEER SIX PACK.jpg (383KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ABC DIET ROOT BEER SIX PACK.jpg
383KB, 1000x1000px
>>39025812

Still bad for your teeth because of the acid content. I try to keep it to one per week (after my grocery trip).

Although it has helped some as a beer substitute while working through alcoholism, so I can't knock it too much. Pic related is breddy gud tastewise.
>>
>>39026175
Are they worse for you than ACTUAL sugar though? Purely in terms of weight loss. Assume I'm going to have a large iced coffee every day either way. Should I use sugar or artificial sweeteners?
>>
>>39025812
>be a normal human being
>go through a civilization that mostly only has sweet garbage
>think to myself "whew, are all these all the tastes that live has to offer? Its pretty bland if everything is just sweet"
>become anti sweet tooth adult because diet (unlike you dumb kids who eat candy at adult age)
>start eating sour, bitter, other tastes
>encounter a world that is much richer than just sugars and sweet things
>delicious tasting cheeses of all sorts
>raw produce that isnt spoiled by sweetness in its later forms, like pure cocoa.
>Go through all of these original ingredients, and think about how your ancestors actually tasted them before their children became retards and made everything sugar

Feels good to have finally grown up unlike most of you who will struggle with beetus juice your entire lives.
>>
>>39025812

Soda pops are the carbonated jew
>>
>>39025824

> the more sweet things you consume, the more you'll desire sweet things.

mainly this
>>
>>39026368

Fuck off Gordon Ramsay, no one is impressed you became a dick sommelier because you stopped consuming sugar.

I don't even drink soda but this and no fap is full of this elitist bullshit.
>>
>>39026515
>durrrhurr efery1 is fat and manu r fat dis is gud and healty, becuz no meany peple tell me I am fat then :(

but you are unhealthy, and your family, your friends and everyone around you who consumers sugars in a "normal" quantity is a degenerate faget.
>>
>>39026368

TIPS FEDORA
I
P
S

F
E
D
O
R
A
>>
>>39026587
Sorry I should have added to this post this>>39026563

>You, your family and your other fat cunts should all kill themselves.

There, now everything is right in the world.

Seriously, all suggies (new nickname for sugar degenerates) should kill themselves.
>>
File: flcl_vector_art_by_bloodred070.jpg (539KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
flcl_vector_art_by_bloodred070.jpg
539KB, 1920x1440px
>>39026368
Get off of /fit/, Commander Amarao.
>>
>>39025812
manchild
>>
>>39026368
fucking THIS.
This also applies to fried bs, they all taste the same
>>
>>39026368
this is what every regular non-american experiences in his late teens. congratulations on growing up
>>
>>39026597

why are you so angry? lmao

I don't even like sugar but seeing someone go on a ego trip because they don't eat something is pretty fucking hysterical.
>>
>>39026515
>eating good foods with quality ingredients is elitist
wew the corn syrup jew sure did a number on you
>>
They aren't super clean, but they wont do any damage in moderation.

They will not spike your insulin, that is broscience bullshit.

If you are training hard but not enjoying yourself with the odd treat, you are doing it wrong.
>>
To quote donald

"I've never seen a thin person drinking diet coke."
>>
>>39026691
I have. only neckbeards drink sugar coke in 2016 tbqh
>>
>>39026691

Isn't trump an awful chubby old man
>>
>>39026175
There is actually zero evidence of this.
>>
File: jews.jpg (115KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
jews.jpg
115KB, 533x800px
>Muhh aspartame causes cancer! I know because my mom read it on facebook
>Muhh insulin levels! You will binge eat afterwards because of (???)
>Muhh nutrionist says it's bad! She has a degree in, wait oh you can just call yourself nutritionist because it means nothing, but anyways I know she knows!
>Muhh global conspiracy which shadows the moon landing and flat earth combined

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/?tool=pubmed
"At present the question is very much unsettled. It seems that there is no significant metabolic and no demonstrated neuronal effect from artificial sweeteners. However, people who knowingly consume diet drinks do tend to overcompensate by consuming greater calories overall. While studies of substituting aspartame for sugar in a blinded fashion show that calories are reduced, contributing to weight loss."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17828671&ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
"Critical review of all carcinogenicity studies conducted on aspartame found no credible evidence that aspartame is carcinogenic. The data from the extensive investigations into the possibility of neurotoxic effects of aspartame, in general, do not support the hypothesis that aspartame in the human diet will affect nervous system function, learning or behavior."

"Aspartame is a highly studied food additive with decades of research showing that it is safe for human consumption. As expected, the research is complex making it possible to cherry pick and misinterpret individual studies in order to fear monger. But the totality of research, reviewed by many independent agencies and expert panels, supports the safety of aspartame."
>>
>>39026667
So what should I be doing next? I am already into cheeses, I tasted the most disgusting, the most smelly one and I liked it. Fug. What other things are out there that are like that?
>>
If you enjoy soda you're a child with shit taste.
>>
File: 1418241100974.gif (1MB, 410x512px) Image search: [Google]
1418241100974.gif
1MB, 410x512px
>>39026368
>>
>>39026737
just stuff you can eat without any preparing? maybe try some more exotic meats and sausages etc. preferably from a butcher shop
>>
Iv never seen a skinny person order a diet soda
>>
>>39025887
That story made me literally shake right now, i just cant.
>>
>>39026806
>exotic meats and sausages from a butchers shop.

fug, thats a good idea anon. Rare cheeses are somewhat more difficult to find, but more adult people do visit, and do have their own favorite butchers shop often.

Hm, fruits are a bit far off though, dont think that there are many other ones.

But shit, seriously, cheeses dude. They have as much depth as sugary things, perhaps even more. There are many stores, brands, bacteria, smells, textures around cheeses. I think that cheeses alone will keep my taste palettes busy for a while. But I like the most disgusting ones for some reason.

Why am I so lucky to have developed a taste for cheeses though? I have seen many people my age, around me who never develop past sugary things.

But around meats, isnt it more into spices? Or should I be looking into rarer birds/animals? Moose? I already tasted duck. Should I be doing wild game meats?
>>
>>39026850
Try expensive blue cheeses, slice off bits with a fork and read online about the kind you're eating while you're eating it. Incredible eating experience.
>>
>>39026863
I wonder where to find them though, it seems like a rarity. I work at a place that has me building up expo's and yesterday I was in an expo that was for food things. They had some selection of cheeses, but not many. I wonder if there are speciality expo's for food types though. For cheeses. With my beginners taste, and lack of experience in this world, I would imagine that such a place would be heaven for me.

With meats I think that it may be the same, but its just that my store in the netherlands have more cheeses that are made naturally, than meats that often have preservatives added to them for taste. So I usually am shy from trying out too many meats. But my bit longer memory tells me that there may be also some potential for me to enjoy meats.
>>
>>39026904
>preservatives added for taste
I meant additives.
>>
>>39026904
Regular supermarkets...? Places like Market Basket, Shaws, Walmart etc. have good imported blue cheeses, but I'm not sure what the equivalent of those for the Netherlands would be.

Try roquefort cheese when you can, it's arguably the strongest, most complex cheese there is. You either hate it or think it's a beautiful work of god. It's my favorite for sure.
>>
>>39026978
>roquefort

interesting recommendation, il try it out today.

>that first slice of smelly cheese in the morning

Should I make a thread like that shill spammer like that on this board now?
>>
>>39026728
How did it taste eating all of their shit?
>>
>>39026993
Just tried it out, holy kek, smelly cheeses are now my greatest delights.
>>
>>39027841
DUDE RIGHT THOUGH
>>
>>39027861
>finally managed to escape the sugar jew after all of this time
>even got evidence that my food senses have returned to normal

its pretty great.
>>
>>39025812
Something about the artificial sweeteners make your body ready for a heavy influx of calories and then when you don't get them from diet soda your body goes "the fuck bruh? Get me some damn calories man" leading you to feel hungry and more inclined to eat shit food, but idk maybr that's just bro science. The answer that requires no science is that it conditions you to like shit food so quit soda all together
>>
>>39025812
Who cares what's in it?

Diet sodas are for people who can't control their indulgences.

The only time for soda is in a mixed drink.
>>
>>39025812
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/10/10/big-soda-sponsored-96-health-groups-a-big-conflict-of-interest-study-says/

LOL
>>
Don't care what you guys say, but Pepsi Max and Pepsi Max cherry is the best soda ever. Sprite zero is also good.
>>
>>39025824
Please describe to me how aspartame causes an insulin response when it cannot be digested into glucose.
>>
>>39025887
One of my aunts hasn't drank any liquid except diet coke and occasionally alcohol in about 28 or so years except that one time they forced water on her in the hospital
>>
>>39026389
Kek
>>
>>39026850
Bruh the world of Asian fruit is insane
>>
>>39031297
asian fruit? Got a read on that to tl;dr a bit? I knew a bit before about cheeses, but never heard of a world of asian fruit.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I see this post a few times per day on /fit/ and the answers are always the same bullshit. Here's some actual information for a change

>ok, what's the catch?
It's not as healthy as drinking water, but it's better than regular soda, no catch there. The negatives of sugar free sodas are

1. There was a study published a couple decades ago showing a correlation between consuming sweet things and eating sweet things.
This is fucking obvious but retards on /fit/ still make the bullshit claim that drinking diet soda is bad because it makes you consume more sweet things. This isn't demonstrably true and misses the point.
2. It has lots of phosphoric acid which can cause a marginal negative effect on teeth and possibly gut bacteria over time in the same way as many other harsh acids (lemon juice, some vinegars, etc) can. Drink sensibly and you're fine.

> are diet sodas really only lacking sugar?
And anything else of value. My biggest argument against diet soda is that it's a waste of money. At the very least make your own.

>Aspartame is evil
Is complete nonsense and conjecture, it's pretty much the most studied food substance on the planet and it's safe.

>It increases your blood sugar or insulin spikes
Demonstrably false, and has been studied to show false multiple times. I'm type 1 diabetic and this is one of the most retarded claims I've ever seen, it seems to stem from one substance which did show an insulin spike and a derivative of it was used as a sweetener at some point in the past, can't remember offhand but tl;dr bullshit
>>
>>39025812
You'll look like an infantile runt drinking it.
>>
>>39031190
not him but it tricks your body into eating sweet things, which is addictive thereby making you eat sweet things.
>>
>>39026035
and its still wise when its unnecessary to ingest?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.