[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I need some advice/help. I started going to the gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: bodyprogress1.png (4MB, 2312x876px) Image search: [Google]
bodyprogress1.png
4MB, 2312x876px
Hey /fit/ I need some advice/help.

I started going to the gym about 2 months ago and I started out at around 155 lbs. I'm up to 180 lbs by eating 3.5k calories a day.

Am I doing it wrong? Be honest.

I'm 6'1 (185 cm)

My "goal" is being 185 lbs with low body fat.

Should I start eating less?

My routine is the 5x5 ice cream fitness one. However I go 4 times a week instead of 3. Any advice is appreciated. I'm completely open to being assblasted for my shit bod too.
>>
>>39020448
Do you have a slight tilt to the left?
>>
Is that a before or after picture?
>>
>>39020678
Don't think so, just my underwear not being straight.
>>
>>39020448
Swap your program m9o. Read grey skulls, do gladiator program seeing you're eating like a monster. Your activity is too low relative to the amount you're eating, so you'll just get fat.
>>
>>39020707
This is after. I'm 180 lbs in this pic.

>>39020714
I'm not familiar with any of these. I'll google gladiator program. I don't intend to gain much more weight, as I said I only want to be around 185 lbs.
>>
>>39020713
I took a hard look on your ass on the right pic, and I think your left leg is ~1cm shorter than your right, you might want to get some orthopedic insole for your shoes.
Try eating 3k calories for 1month while on the same routine, if it doesn't work you can always switch so something else
>>
have you tried lifting?
>>
>>39020448
What weights are your lifts?
>>
Man, you're up 25 lbs in 2 months. Of course most of that is going to be fat.

Ditch Blaha's shit and go for compound exercise heavy routine.
Focus only on bench press, deadlift, squat, overhead press, barbell row, pull ups and dips.

Eat a little less, maybe 3k cals per day.
>>
>>39020755
Thanks...man.

>>39020770
nah

>>39020782
For squats I started with the bar and now I'm up to 140 lbs, so a 95 lb increase.

For bench I started with the bar and now I'm up to 100 lbs, so a 55 lb increase.

Also up to 115 lbs on bent over row, starting with the bar.

And 85 lbs on the overhead press, starting with the bar.

I can add more stats if you ask.
>>
You need to get that tilt checked out by a chiropractor my friend
>>
>>39020755
>I took a hard look on your ass on the right pic

gay af
>>
>>39020722
You've bulked super quickly, and with excess calories, which means you'll be recomping at 185, which is shit vs. a caloric surplus for energy \ general sense of feeling strong. It's not the gladiator program, it's a variant of grey skulls called the gladiator \ linebacker program. It's a good mix of a lot of things, including cardio to help you raise your energy usage closer to your energy intake. It's better to increase activity, and diversity of activity, than it is to just drop your calories down at this point. If I were you, I'd consider doing that program, and if your weight keeps climbing higher, maybe raise the bar a bit and cut down once your strength is closer to 2\3\4\5
>>
>>39020838
Shit seems complicated as fuck to be honest. My current program is really comfortable for me. What do you think of just eating 2k calories instead and losing my fat that way?
>>
File: IMG_20161010_083335791.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161010_083335791.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
>>39020838
Me here, same height at 200lb btw. 185 you'll need to be v lean to look decent.
>>
>>39020874
Do you have a link to the grey skulls gladiator program? Can't seem to find it. Google is literally giving me grey skulls from roman gladiators.
>>
>>39020855
It's not complicated, it's varied, which is good seeing your goal doesn't seem to be very specific to a single sport.

You could cut cals, but that would lead to shitty energy, and considerably less development across a broad spectrum (strength, speed, endurance etc)

I'm thinking you're aiming ottermode, judging by weight target, yeah?
>>
>>39020448
seems to me you're bulking too fast yeah, no point in ever going over 20% bf, in fact you could limit yourself at bulking to 15% bf and still make decent gains
>>
>>39020899
Yeah I'm aiming for ottermode. I don't really care about endurance or strength all that much to be honest, I'm doing it purely for aesthetics. I don't plan on doing any sports.
>>
>>39020912
Eat a lot less, lose a lot of weight, do bench, ohp, chins, curls and if you're feeling brave, something for your lowerbody. Ottermode and associated "I'm still in high school" physiques are largely about conditioning ontop of a bit of muscle, so you've done exactly the wrong thing
>>
>>39020794
Your lifts are weaker than mine considering your weight, I'd say just keep on your program until you're stronger (1/2/3/4) but take what I say with a pinch of salt as I am a DYEL loser as well.
>>
>>39020794
Focus on getting as strong as possible as fast as possible. After you get strong as faurk then you cut
>>
>>39020448

Eat less carbs, do SOME cardio, and don't do 5x5. You've bulked way too quickly OP and you're on a shitty program for what you're doing
>>
>>39020964
Yes I don't expect my lifts to be stronger than anyones here as I've only been doing it for 2 months.

what is (1/2/3/4) ?

>>39020950
Do I squat/deadlift/bent over row?
>>
>>39020983
Which program do you recommend?
>>
Workout A:

Bench Press 4x5
Squat 4x5
Overhead press 4x8
Barbell row 4x8
Superset chin ups with dips 4x failure

Workout B
Bench Press 4x8
Deadlift 4x5
Overhead press 4x5
Barbell row 4x5
Superset chin ups with dips 4x failure

Do 3 days a week, ABA BAB order
Lift as heavy as possible
>>
Can anyone post a link to the trappy fit wikia?
>>
>>39020713
no, you do

trace your spine down from your neck, slight curve right at the top like a reverse question mark
>>
>>39020448
your balls look like someone took a dump in the front of your underwear
>>
>>39020985
>dead squat
Why bother? You can, but to what end? Your goal physique doesn't bother with legs. Rows and\or chins are fine. I'd sub shrugs for deadlifts, just to get SOME trap development.

#1 exercise at your current weight for ottermode is HIIT.
>>
>>39021062
Seriously, you smuggling a fucking cantaloupe in your underwear OP?
>>
>>39021049
Oh, that's interesting. Not sure what to do about it.

>>39021062
lol

>>39021085
What do you think about this program?
>>39021034

Also you didn't specify the reps and sets. It'd be nice if you broke it down like:
>>39021034

But you don't have to.
>>
>>39020996

I can't speak because I've never followed a program. I write my own workouts before I go to the gym everyday and train 7 days a week (I'm young and have lots of test). Just stop doing 5x5 bullshit and do some more cardio, and less focus on big compound movements with high weight
>>
>>39021130
What do you recommend for cardio? Just go on the treadmill for 30 or so mins?
>>
>>39020448
you don't need a caloric surplus as a beginner.
maintenance or a slight deficit.
do ppl from reddit, if you have the time.
gotta work hard to achieve some sort of male body shape.
>>
>>39021147

How often do you train with weights? Dedicate a day or two to focusing primarily on HIT cardio and bodyweight training (I find this helps you burn fat fast as fuck) Also drink lots of water and eat less carbs
>>
>>39021103
He did specify the setsXreps
>>
>>39021174
4 times a week.
>>
>>39021185
Was replying to>>39020950

but accidentally selected someone else.

I'll repeat it because it's a mess....

>>39020950

What do you think of this routine that >>39021034
posted?

>>39020950
Can you specify the reps and sets?
>>
>>39021186

Do you have treadmill or some shit at home? If so do some of that on your off days. Otherwise, if you can't make it to the gym or don't want to go solely for cardio, go out and jog around your area for an hour or so.

Also for the love of god eat less carbs. What are your current macros?
>>
>>39021222
No idea what my macros are, I just eat brown rice and chicken/whey protein and pretty much anything else I find.

Should I also go on the treadmill for an hour?
>>
Congrats on your shit genetics, as a 6'1" guy you're basically screwed with forever skinny-fat look.
>>
>>39021208
Fuck the deads and squats off, or do them last. Lowest priority for your goal. I'd personally do push/pull twice a week, so push Monday/Thursday and pull Tuesday/Friday, or whatever days work for you, and cardio on off days. Drop back to 2.5k cals. I'd be doing 8/8/amrap for set structure. Actual exercise choice is meh, I'd build a list of pushes, a list of pulls and choose 4 random ones, because you have 0 strength / specification goals
>>
>>39021295
Maybe ottermode isn't exactly what I'm after then. What's Christian Bales body type in American Psycho?
>>
>>39021282
? ? ? ? ? ?
>>
>>39021239

Do you eat lots of unhealthy, greasy shit?

If so, stop eating that. You need to be on a cut diet without shitty food. Stick to eating lean meats, fish, eggs, greens, fruits, and stray away from the carbs (Though you of course need some carbs)

What do you typically eat in a day? How many meals and how much food per meal?
>>
>>39021534
I was eating a lot of junk food to be honest. Mcdonlds, Pizza, pretty much anything I could get my hands on to get up to 3.5k calories.

However I also ate bananas, eggs, spaghetti with lean ground beef, brown rice with chicken breast.

I'd say 50/50 split between healthy food and greasy shit.
>>
>>39021564

Cut that unhealthy shit out of your diet. That's what's giving you your fat ass stomach.

Eat healthy, REAL fucking food. You DO NOT need 3.5k calories to bulk. You're already bulky as fuck as it is. You need to cut and you need to cut hard. Stop eating greasy shit. If you really want to fucking look good, you'll cut that shit out of your diet.

If you want to be a fatass and eat McDolans then that's your choice to make. If you want to be lean and cut, stop eating that shit. That shit will give you NO gains

Eat your egg whites with some fruit and oatmeal for breakfast. For lunch, eat a healthy wrap with some fruit, for dinner and postworkout, eat lean meat with rice and greens, before bed, casein or dairy with some eggs. Follow a diet like that and you'll become Zyzz mode in no time minus the roids
>>
>>39021668
Thanks for the advice and motivation, I'll do it.
>>
>>39021668
Though I'm still unsure which routine to follow, I guess I'll do this?

>>39021034

?
>>
>>39021343
>>39021343
That's pretty fucking sizeable and lean to achieve natty. V solid upper body. At that point I'd be running a linear progression for a few months then ppl. I like grey skull for a linear program, obviously.
>>
>>39021916
Can you link me to this grey skull linear program.
>>
>>39021916
>>39021935
http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/greyskull-lp/

is this it?
>>
This is a solid goal body btw OP, and to be honest, puts my favourite greyskull Gladiator program back on the menu for a few months to build a better base for it. Google greyskull PDF and there's programs at the end of the file. Major difference is you'd have bigger lower body, but that's not a bad thing at all, glutes for sloots and all that.
>>
>>39021967
Alright, I'll try to do the greyskull Gladiator program.

Also I'll eat 2k calories and do a 45 min treadmill run on one of my rest days.
>>
>>39021130
>I write my own workouts before I go to the gym everyday and train 7 days a week (I'm young and have lots of test)
kek
>>
>>39022098
Do Gladiator first before adding more cardio.
>>
>>39022142
>greyskull PDF

I googled it and the first link is a reddit thread. There is also one that is trying to get me to download a book.
>>
>>39020714
>>39020896
>>39020983
>>39021034
>>39021967
>>39021916
you fucking faggots, the differences between beginner programs is so small it barely fucking matters in the scheme of things.
What does matter is
>OP's consistency with the program and increasing weights every session
>Fixing diet (committing to either bulking/cutting and eating accordingly with lots of protein
>making sure he gets enough sleep
>getting his spine checked

Probably in that order.
>>
>>39022186
I'm sure the .PDF is in the Reddit thread, pls look before asking so much.
>>
>>39022210
Have you read or compared the source material or do you think it's a pissing contest between 3*5 vs 5*5? You don't think pure SL vs SS + cardio + calisthenics would lead to significantly different physiques?
>>
>>39022263
I don't know what the fuck you're saying but I'm saying that the slight differences between a couple of 3 day a week full body linear progression programs barely matters compared to those other things I mentioned and obsessing over it is not helpful for OP
>>
>>39022462
Your ignorance isn't a strong argument. The program I'm suggesting isn't a 3day full body LP, it's not an SS variant, it's a general physical prep that's built around GSLP. It's the kind of program you can run for a long time without a lot of fucking around, and make good aesthetic gains, strength gains and improve baseline cardio so stairs don't ruin you etc.
>>
>>39020811
>Implying everyone on /fit/ isn't gay to some degree
>>
>>39020448
>>39020794

You gained to much weight in those 2 months and didnt lift heavy enough. Maybe 3.5k was to much. Did you go on fitness frog and input your data to get your tdee?
>>
File: Bender.jpg (40KB, 479x356px) Image search: [Google]
Bender.jpg
40KB, 479x356px
>>39020448
Falling for the bulking meme
>>
>>39020985
Your lifts are weaker than mine and im 120 pounds and started one month ago.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.