[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/, I would love some advice or motivation. Background

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Hi /fit/, I would love some advice or motivation. Background is that for nearly a decade of my life I had a severe ED (started with AN and moved to BN later). I went to inpatient and made a full recovery from the ED (every now and then I will have a bad day, but its rare), however I am terrified of relapsing. Back then I was obsessed with doing cardio, so every time I begin to start working out more now, I am afraid of becoming obsessed with it and backtracking to develop an ED again. Right now I weigh more than I ever have before (I am a 5'4" gril at 150 lb) and I want to get in shape / lose a little bit of weight, but I feel like this fear is holding me back. Those years were some of the worst of my life and to regress that way would be devastating for me. My main question is if anyone else can relate to this or if anyone has advice on how to get over this fear (preferably without going back to therapy or anything). Ty for reading.
>>
>>39015548
>>39015548
reddit.com/r/twoxchromosomes
>>
>>39015907
Dude, legit answers please.
>>
>>39015548
>preferably without going back to therapy or anything
By limiting yourself, you have already went towards relapsing. Relapses occur way before you go back to the primary, dysfunctional behavior. Go back to therapy. If you an issue it, examine why. Was it with a therapist you didn't establish rapport with? What about seeing an actual psychologist instead of therapist?
>>
>>39015949
Well, I did have a bad experience with a therapist in the past, but it's not really that that makes me not want to go. I kind of feel like I want to tackle it alone bc of my pride, if that makes sense. I guess I should consider going back.
>>
>>39015548
ED? The fuck is that for girls? Is that when your pussy doesn't start gushing for Chad when he walks in the room? What are AN and BN?
>>
>>39015969
Pride is a major factor for relapse for many dysfunctional behaviors. If therapy is that much of an issue, you could see if there's any support groups in your area. If you find any of the 12-step ones, you can ignore the religious part of them as just getting whats bothering you out there to someone else supportive csn be a major therapeutic relief. But again, I really suggest a psychologist who is trained in the area who can help you learn to cope with the cues and triggers that will come along when you start doing cardio again. It can help if you start journaling what you are going through then read it again a few days later to see if you are heading on down that road again.
>>
>>39015986
I initially thought it meant erectile dysfunction too, but I cottoned on to it meaning eating disorder when she said grill.

I think it means anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
>>
>>39015986
I think ED is "eating disorder", AN is "anorexia" (?) and BN is "Bulimia".

Why the fuck use acronyms that are generally not used here?
>>
>>39016034
>>39016049
Oh ok.

Well in that case, stop being a fucking faggot who thinks that starving yourself will make you look better. Fasting can help but you still need to work out and lose fat, so rather than focusing on your gains, just work out and stop thinking that you can cheat your way into looking good.
>>
>>39016049
Ah sorry, fucked up w/ that.

>>39016023
Thanks for the advice, I do appreciate it.

>>39016077
Do you lack reading comprehension? I don't want to fast. I just don't want to become so obsessed with exercising again that it delves into worse things again. I don't want to cheat - read the text before responding, asswipe.
>>
>>39016093
well then bulk like a mother fucker (you're a girl, getting fat shouldn't be hard) and then cut by not eating like a pig after you've gotten in shape.
>>
150lb @ 5'4 is huge. Pretty sure you don't have to worry about losing weight too fast.
>>
>>39015548
>erectile dysfunction
>whining whining whining
>I'm a grill btw

Was fucking confusing at first but my advice is to fuck off
>>
>>39016477
>Eating disorder
>whining
>Just go to the gym, dont miss a single workout
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.