[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is shadowboxing with dumbells bad for sholders? is pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1464149551561.gif (3MB, 278x380px) Image search: [Google]
1464149551561.gif
3MB, 278x380px
is shadowboxing with dumbells bad for sholders?
is pic related bad too?
>>
>>39012644
Is that guy trying to kill someone...?
>>
Shadowboxing with dumbells is just plain dumb, the resistance being applied by gravity is not contrary to the movement, it's actually downwards, so it's nog really helpful.
>>
>>39013124
How about weighted gloves or wristbands?
>>
>>39013146
The resistance would still be applied towards the ground, it would only help if you were training your uppercuts.

But rubberbands could reallg help, because the resistance they provide is opposite of the punching movement and not downwards
>>
>>39013146
Could you fap with said gloves?
>>
>>39013189
T. No boxing experience

Weighted gloves help tremendously with punching speed. Dumbbell are too heavy and can cause injuries
>>
>>39013202

He's right though.

Bands are practically used for every movement in combat sports nowadays.

Bands are better
>>
>>39012644
i saw some guy in his late 30s early 40s using the squat rack to do this
>at the gym on a saturday at noon
>squating
>i unrack the weight getting ready to go down
>and then up
>look over see this happening
>using a squat rack for this
>im just staying there with the weight on my shoulders and just staring at the guy
>he notices and walks away
>rerack the weight
>what i just witnessed fucked up my whole workout
>>
File: floyd-handweights.jpg (24KB, 380x375px) Image search: [Google]
floyd-handweights.jpg
24KB, 380x375px
Fighters do it all the time op.
>>
>>39013275
Dumb people*
>>
>>39013262
this happend at a la fitness incase anyoen was wondering
>>
>>39013275
Fighters also get their head kicked in regularly, and many end with dementia at an early age.

Not the most brilliant people on the planet and definitely not the people you should be taking advice from.
>>
>>39012644
No. Just use 2-5lb dumbells. Its a good exercise. As long as youre not throwing around 30lb dumbells you're fine.
>>
>>39013275
Except that's a pro boxer using a 3 lb weight while most idiots would be like OP's pic and use a relatively massive amount of weight.
>>
>>39013124
The point is to condition your shoulders not apply resistance to the punch.
>>
Its bad for them there joints, OP
>>
>>39012644
If I remember correctly it was some pro fighter using that exercise claiming it increased punching power.
The kid in the gif fell for the meme.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.