[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys do Bent Over Rows? One of my favorite exercises.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Any of you guys do Bent Over Rows?
One of my favorite exercises.
Makes me feel powerful as fuark
>>
>>39009402
It´s alright. I can feel t-bar rows much better in my back.
>>
I never know if im doing them right.
>>
>>39009402
these plus romanian deadlifts make my lower traps feel fucking incredible when I squeeze my shoulder blades together for like 2 days afterwards.

makes me walk around with confidence because it feels like my back is just huge
>>
>>39009402
Yeah i do, i just use dumbbells instead though, whats the difference?
>>
>>39009402
I do dumbell rows because I fucking hate barbell rows. The form feels too unnatural for me.
>>
>>39009622
Dubs speaks the truth.
>>
>>39009402
Yeah im doing 5x5 with... 60 kgs.

I kinda like them.
>>
>>39009455
Me neither. I always want to do them but when I do I'm nevet sure Im doing them right. How do you know?
>>
>>39009402
I fucking hate that my right arm pulls the bar closer than my left arm.

Should I lower the weight?
>>
File: Ya.jpg (54KB, 352x454px) Image search: [Google]
Ya.jpg
54KB, 352x454px
>>39009666
Surely satan needs no advice
>>
>>39009654
>60 kgs
you're a big guy
>>
>>39009737
Is that a lot? Or are u yankin my chain brah
>>
>>39009666
Fixing your forms invariably leads to lowering the weight so yes
>>
>>39009666
Hail Satan.

Yes, lower the weight based on what your weak side can do. This goes for anything really, it will prevent you from having a bad side to side imbalance. It will also might prevent you from injuring yourself by not having one side overcompensate.
>>
Used to have trouble with rows, then I read this

http://stronglifts.com/barbell-row/

Put the weight on the floor in between reps then it wont fuck your lower back
>>
>>39009902
hmmm..it looks like they're advocating pendlay rows and I like alternating with underhand grip.
>>
>>39009402

T-bar rows feel better for me.

>tfw doing cheaty sets helps increase your strict-ish sets
>>
>>39009402
Feels awkward, I much prefer t-bar rows
>>
>>39009665
When you do them right you can feel the contraction between your shoulder blades. Imo 90% of people use too much weight and can't bring the bar to their chest. If you want to feel that contraction you have to hit the chest at the top and stretch at the bottom.
>>
>>39010291

Is it supposed to be the chest, or your groin?
>>
>>39010344
To the chest, for me lower pecs. I keep my back almost parallel to the ground. Ass out, knees bent. Experiment with grip width and elbow angle and see what feels best for you.
>>
>>39009654
I do 95kg but i roid
>>
>>39009737
For you
>>
>>39009622
This. Kroc rows or hand+knee on bench
>>
>>39009455
>>39009665
You're allowed to cheat a bit, they're still productive if they're not "perfect" and cheating just means you're hitting your traps more.
>>
>>39010344
Take a somewhat wider grip than you currently do, like borderline snatch-grip. You'll feel the whole scapular retraction thing a hell of a lot more.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.