[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Skelly on SS >TDEE of 2.4k cals >Taking in 3.2k cals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_2016-10-09-09-58-47-1.png (310KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-09-09-58-47-1.png
310KB, 1080x1080px
>Skelly on SS
>TDEE of 2.4k cals
>Taking in 3.2k cals
>Plateuing at:

Bench 45kg/110lbs
Squat 65kg/150lbs
Dead 80kg/190lbs

Ive deloaded, made sure my recovery variables are ok, but i just CANT GO A MICROPLATE ABOVE THOSE WEIGHTS

I have also self diagnosed myself with hyperflexibility, i am double jointed and can stretch my limbs to the point where everyone is always suprised during group warmups. No, i dont stretch before lifting. Hyperflexibility also states that muscle gain is a lot harder. I also have minor scoliosis, doctor diagnosed through xray, although you wouldnt know if i didnt tell you and it doesnt seem to affect me.

I tried to deadlift 82.5kg and failed and now im just eating bacon and drinking milk at the cafe and being really sad.

Am i making excuses for myself, or are some people just destined not to make it?
>>
>>39009298
how long did you plataeu for?
>>
File: 1-r6S_p6A2PNkvVCxUtF-nSQ.jpg (38KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
1-r6S_p6A2PNkvVCxUtF-nSQ.jpg
38KB, 500x485px
>>39009825

5th session: increased all weights by 5kg successfully
-hit the plateau here-
6th session: increased all weights by 5kg, failed
7th session: attempted plateau+5kg, failed again
8th session: successful plateau weight -5kg
9th session: plateau weight, barely made it
-at this point i got really angry and upped my cals to 3.5k-
10th session: attempted plateau + 2.5, failed again

i was seeing such noob gains at the start and thought i was gonna make it. at this point im not saying im not gonna make it, but its more like "maybe not everyone makes it, am i one of them?"

please find ANYTHING wrong with what im doing, i really want to get into this but FUCK i didnt realise i was so weak. please help /fit/ you got me out of r9k please help me
>>
>>39010060
You may just have to sit on your plateu for a week or two, OP. I hit one the same way you did and so i just stayed at that weight until it became less difficult, then i upped again and got passed it. Your noob gains are slowing but its nothing to be too concerned about.

>tfw we can all make it
>>
>>39010109
is this real? if i just keep hitting my plateau every session will i just break through it one day, and then i progress linearly again like nothing happened?

and IS IT NORMAL FOR MY NOOB GAINS TO RUN OUT AT EVERYONE ELSES STARTING WEIGHTS :((((((((((((((((((((( I THOUGHT I WAS AN AVERAGE DYEL REEEEEEEEEEEEE I LOOK LIKE AN AVERAGE DYEL WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
>>
>>39010060
Why 5kg? Increase by 2,50 at a time dog.
>>
Add more reps to the weights you're stuck at
>>
>>39010179
Anons said they could do 5kg increases for like the first 15 sessions. I'm only on my 5th -successful- session. Have i been memed?

If noob gains are 2.5kg, does that mean once they run out I'll be incrementing by half kilos?
>>
>>39010207
Okay, thank you anon. I will try this. Can anyone else confirm?
>>
>>39010060
this is about the weight where incorrect form starts to catch up to you. you can get away with prior to this just because the weight is so light and leverage does a lot of the work, but, it's time to perfect your form. i had the same problem. was having trouble getting past 1pl8 for bench. fixed my form, immediately improved all my lifts.

you've gone to the gym 10 times. you havent even begun your journey to making it desu.
>>
>>39010162
Youre gonna break it, but dont expect to see the same progression as before.

Youll be fine, everyone starts somewhere
>>
File: 1472779053950.jpg (38KB, 676x664px) Image search: [Google]
1472779053950.jpg
38KB, 676x664px
Similar situation as OP. Started SL plus accessory work routine 8 weeks ago. 5'11. Started at 148lbs. At 157lbs now. TDEE around 2700. I eat at about 2800. I feel fat af.

DL 205
Squat 190
Bench 135. This is my plateau for about 2 weeks.

Idk what to do.
>>
>>39010215
you should be going up by 5lbs a session after the first few

then soon after, 2.5lbs (microload) on press and bench
>>
>>39010228
dat dere volume is goat for breaking through plateaus
>>
/fit/ seems to think that you should be able to linearly progress from 40kg 5RM through to 120kg 5RM with only one or two plateau sessions. The reality is that unless you have good genetics and eat so much you get fat that's just not really gonna happen in a few months. Strength gains are hard. You gotta really earn them, and if you start off a skelly you got a long journey ahead before you start to get som decent stats. Muscle growth is fucking slow

http://scoobysworkshop.com/muscle-gain-calculator/
>>
>>39010215
I dunno, maybe thy did, maybe they didnt, but im sure rippetoe said 2.5kgs.
>>
>>39010315
rippetoe said 10lbs which is 4.5kg
>>
>>39010215
I'd say add 2,5 for every lift except the diddlys, you'll be fine adding 5 each time there. I did it, and I'm going for a pr of 100kg (still n00by) on tuesday, confident I'll make it. Try adding 2,5kg on bench and squat and keep it 5 on deads, see if that helps
>>
>>39010228
confirmed, after I changed program from SL5x5 to ULPP, I added a high rep lower volume deadlift set on pull day, which helped tremendously with my HVLR on powerlegs day
>>
>>39010207
>>39010300
>>39010370
Okay, thank you anons - at least I have another path to continue. The worst thing is losing progress and with no idea what to do next.
>>
>>39010324
He did? Then maybe you are not sleeping enough or no eating right, or maybe not feeling it. Everyones different.

Id try adding less weight tho and proggres slower. No need to rush. And when shit gets heavy its easier to break palteus.
>>
>>39009298
>Skelly on SS
Oh, please shut the fuck up, I'm sick of retards like you going OH NOES I'M SO WEAK ;(
My squat is 130lbs, bench is 80 motherfucking lbs, deadlift is 140lbs. I'm being as patient as I can because I'm a fucking twig even though I have around 3kcal per day and sleep around 9 hours a day.

Shut
the
fuck
up

and be patient.
>>
>>39010400
honestly, just do the same thing ever workout, and you'll get past it. upping the reps might, MIGHT, make it go a little faster, but just do a full set on a weight you can handle, and soon enough you'll progress.
>>
File: tired.png (368KB, 647x628px) Image search: [Google]
tired.png
368KB, 647x628px
>>39010424
skeletons like you don't have the authority to tell other people to shut up especially if the other dude is stronger than you

shut the fuck up and earn your place hre
>im sick of retards like you
im sick of retards like you
>>
>>39010424
yes but at least you are progressing, i cant even go up by 2.5kgs for almost two weeks. i understand we all hit plateaus but this is way too low to be a "normal" plateau for an otherwise seemingly average dyel
>>
>>39010424
wait, out of curiosity, how long have you been lifting? this is important. OP here
>>
>>39009298
>>39010060
>>39010424

Do you faggots have a food scale? Are you physically writting down every calorie you eat? Are you sleeping 8hours a daily? Are you actually resting on rest days? Are you recording some of your set to see if your form i good? Are you on SS or SL?

If no to any of these. Enjoy your Halloween you spooky skeletons.
>>
>>39010945
I do not have a food scale. I will get one. What do I do with it? I put my food on it, and what should I do with the data?
>>
File: Really Nigga.jpg (8KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
Really Nigga.jpg
8KB, 200x225px
>>39010976
Jesus fucking Christ. This post legitimately made me angry.

How the fuck do you know how much calories youre getting if your not weighing your food. And no one scoop doest equal the exact nutrition facts your getting from your jew powder. Do you know specifically how much 2oz of almonds looks like? I bet you just eyeball how much milk your getting and think its a cup.

Weigh your fucking food, write down your calories, and make it a fucking habit.
>>
>>39010945
I can only answer yes to one of those, and yet I've seen gains consistently. I think you're overstating it.
>>
>>39011077
Yes, you were right, I did eyeball most of my foods. For milk though the whole carton is 1 litre so that was pretty exact. I will get a food scale.
>>
>>39009298
>>39010162
Anon, as someone who has gone through many plateaus, the trick is to gain weight. If you're not eating enough and plateauing, it sometimes means your body isn't getting enough food to build the muscle you need. Just eat heaps and you will break your plateau easy.
>>
how do i use a food scale if theres always different things on my plate? like theres rice and chicken. do i scoop out the chicken and weigh it?

i cant make my own food because i am a busy uni student barely getting by on 8hours slepp
>>
>>39011229
theres a TARE functionn
>>
>>39011200
>wonders why he's not gaining strength
>isn't tracking any calories down with actual measuring tools.
>hasn't thought of the possibility he's not actually getting in the macros he thinks
He's it.

Not gonna make it desu.
>>
>>39011250
Thank you
>>
OP if you're still there, you need to ADD VOLUMEN

Yes that's it

VOLUME is the key to break those stalls

If you keep stalling multiple times at a certain weight, Instead of doing 5x5,change it to sets of 7 reps

EXAMPLE

If you are stalling at 100 kg squats, drop them to 90 kgs and do 5 sets of 7 reps

Keep progressing each session for 1-2 kgs (or your normal increment) for as long as you cannot keep the linear progression

this would be like stalling 3-4 times

THEN YOU DROP IT BACK TO SETS OF 5 REPS

keep going like that then you will stall again somehow, you can drop it to SET OF THREE REPS, OR TRY GETTING BACK TO SEVEN REPS

Never give up
>>
>>39011267
I figured if I ate the same things as I did for the first successful 5kg increases, I would just maintain it or eat even more than that.

But I am going to buy a food scale tomorrow, I want to make it.
>>
A method of progression I have found works good for me:

Week 1: 5x5
Week 2: 5x3 with 5 pounds more than last week
Week 3: 5x5 with the same weight as last week
Week 4: 5x3 with the same weight as last week

And so on

Also, how many days does OP bench/squat per week? Try benching and squatting 2-3 times a week for extra gains. Deadlift doesn't need more than once a week
>>
>>39011287
Buy a good one and even if you have to dish out $20 then do it. Itll last you forever.
>>
Considering you're a skelly, try actually measuring your calories instead of guessing.
>>
>>39011307
>Deadlift doesn't need more than once a week
fucking pussy
>>
File: fefe.jpg (45KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
fefe.jpg
45KB, 450x470px
>>39010277
Why the hell is your DL so close to your squat? Also notice you didnt list OHP or rows. All these things lead me to believe you're retarded, and doing retarded things, and that's why you're a fucking weak failure
>>
>>39011344
This. Accessory lifts and compounds like OHP and rowing help a lot
>>
i just bought a food scale.

should i also weigh complicated foods like subway? i cant take apart the bread and meatballs and etc and weigh them individually so can i just trust the calorie they say it is per footlong? theyre not allowed to lie, right?
>>
If you can't increase the weight then increase your reps. Try getting 3x6-8 before moving up the weight then.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.