[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Decide to get active >Want to improve cardio because I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1471124283357.jpg (8KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1471124283357.jpg
8KB, 320x320px
>Decide to get active
>Want to improve cardio because I've been a couch potato for so long
>First day of running was good, pushed myself well
>Second day of running also was good, got myself to my limit and my heart pumping
>Wake up next day with very sharp pain in shins
>Tfw learned a new term that day "shin splints"
>Figure that it shouldn't be a huge hiccup in my workout schedule and just some indoor strength training while I wait for my shins to heal
>Here I am almost a month later and my shins still hurt when I put them under any significant amount of stress
>mfw I finally get the motivation to become active and my body takes a big fat shit on my planned routine and goals
>>
lose fat, fatty
>>
Elliptical, fatty
>>
>>39008334
shin splints are a muscle imbalance issue. you can either do exercises to correct the imbalance or you can just gut it out and keep running until they go away
>>
Take 4-6 ibuprofen two hours before you intend to run. It will thin your blood and dilate those areas that are sore. Personally I can't run a mile without ibuprofen, I can jog it but to actually run a mile I need it.
>>
>>39008334
rest and eat
>>
>>39008334
Upon injury of a tendon or periosteum apply ice for 24h or until swelling is gone and then extreme heat basically as hot as you can stand it for as long as you can stand it.
You need to promote capillary dilation in the damaged region. The tissues you've damaged do not have the same access to nutrients as muscles and thus do not heal nearly as quickly.
If you ice an area where there is no swelling you're slowing down the healing process dramatically.

I suggest taking niacin pre heat treatment and a daily dose of a curcumin piperine/biopurine combo. You can find that shit on Amazon.

New athletes need to take it easy on their tendons, they adjust much slower than muscles, lung capacity, vascular system, etc. They also stay strong longer and you'll have benefits from increased tendon strength and bone density well into old age. Keep your chin up it's worth it.
>>
>>39008435
>>39008445
>>39009792

you guys don't understand.

him making this post was his way of being a typical fat piece of shit and making up excuses for him to stop training

why else would he come onto 4chan, write this entire post detailing the effort he put in to being healthy, and ofcourse, blame something ELSE for him being unable to follow through with his goals

just typical fatty behaviour

you disgust me OP.
>>
You don't need cardio to lose weight, OP.

Aesthetically speaking, cardio is just a way to increase your TDEE.

If you can't do cardio on a given day, adjust your calorie intake accordingly.

If you aren't counting calories and if you don't know what TDEE means, read the sticky, start a MyFitnessPal account, and start this whole thing over.

Cardio is not a prerequisite for losing weight.
>>
>>39009853
OP here

I'm actually not that overweight. I'm 6"6' and have dropped down to around 240 pounds. I'm trying to improve my cardio and overall health because I plan on enlisting in the Navy about 2-4 months from now and I am trying to get myself to a point where I feel comfortable about making it through boot camp.
>>
>>39008334
I got over shin splints by changing my striking pattern to forefront. Basically, land and lift off your toes. It turns your lower leg/ankle/foot into a piston, the way nature intended. Weird at first, but I got used to it after two weeks, now I can't go back.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.