[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this stuff considered for? Extra protein intake or weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: gainsorpains.png (547KB, 1151x706px) Image search: [Google]
gainsorpains.png
547KB, 1151x706px
What is this stuff considered for? Extra protein intake or weight gains? Dunno the difference here but willing to buy.

pic related
>>
>>39005926
Overall weight gains...why would it give you more protein than actual whey protein products?
>>
>>39005926
If you're going for weight gains, go for Serious Mass, its got almost double the calories
>>
>>39005926

>whey protein isolate and concentrate
>main source of carbs is NOT maltodextrin
>MCTs as fat source

This looks pretty badass, as far as gainers go. How long has this stuff been on the market? Last time I checked, ON only had Serious Mass and Pro Gainer. Is this brand new?
>>
>>39006201

Serious Mass, like most high-calorie gainers, uses maltodextrin as the carb source. Maltodextrin is cheap, and it's TECHNICALLY a complex carb (so they can get away with listing it as such on the label). The catch is that your body treats it exactly like plain old sugar (rapid increase in blood sugar, huge insulin spike, etc.). Gainers like that are attractive at first glance for their high calorie content, but you're basically just drinking a whey protein shake mixed with a shit-ton of sugar. This might be fine if you're consuming it post-workout, but it's not a great idea for lean gains.
>>
>>39005926
bulking you tard
>>
>>39007464
ty for this info

also its weird, I have both some whey and some mass gainer, and after looking at the labels I realized there's actually more calories in the whey than the gainer (gram for gram), what the fuck?
>>
>>39007464
Yeah that's what I noticed when looking at this gold standard gainer, the carbs don't seem to be as bad for you.
>>
>>39007637

I know I probably sound like a shill, but this is the first time I've heard about this particular product, and I'm pretty psyched about it. The only 2 gainers I know of that aren't maltodextrin-based are iFN's Mass Gainz and MHP's Up Your Mass. iFN uses whey concentrate as the primary protein source instead of isolate, and Up Your Mass doesn't even use whey (it uses soy instead). This stuff seems to be just what I was looking for, in terms of nutritional profile. I'm a big fan of ON's Gold Standard whey because I think it tastes awesome, so if this new gainer tastes as good, I have a feeling I'm going to like it. When I start my bulk, I think I'll try this stuff out.

>>39007585

No prob, man. What brands of whey and gainer do you have? A good whey powder should be basically whey and not much else, so the calories (and serving size) should be low. Gainers should have more calories/gram because of the additional fats (9 calories/gram instead of 4 calories/gram for carbs and protein). I just compared the calories/gram of ON Gold Standard whey and ON Gold Standard Gainer from the info I found online, and the Gainer has slightly more calories/gram. My guess would be that either your whey has some extra ingredients in it (maybe a bit of fat), or your gainer has some fillers that give it more mass without contributing to the caloric content...
>>
>>39005926
So you can buy all that basic stuff for like 10 times the price
>>
>>39007464
What would you recommend for a lean gainer than?

I have a lot of trouble consuming enough calories because of ADHD meds and it's almost impossible to find calorie dense foods that aren't jacked with fat and/or sugar
>>
>>39007865

Mass gainers are expensive, but they're for people that value convenience and calorie density over cost. Sure, you can get the same calories from food or you could bust out the blender and mix up some whey powder, oats, milk, a banana, and some peanut butter, but it doesn't get much easier/quicker than throwing a few scoops of gainer in a shaker bottle and chugging it down.

>>39007882

Well, if I had to pick one, the Gold Standard Gainer looks like the best thing out there right now, as far as lean gainers go. iFN Mass Gainz is probably your next best bet. Those would be my recommendations.
>>
>>39007388
ON seems to be rolling out some nice new products. They have a new platinum standard whey line now
>>
>>39005926
>What is this stuff considered for?
Teenage skinny noobs who don't know any better

I was one of them at a time but all you fucking need to do is eat food, any kind of protein powder is a scam and you only waste money when you buy it.
>>
>>39007803
This is the first you heard of it because it is pretty new to the market. I like ON's products and although Serious Mass is not my favourite gainer (RIP Rusian Bear 5000) I might give this a try since it is more than just sugar and whey
>>
>>39005926
It's shit. Don't. Just eat fucking healthy food of you want to gain
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.