[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on BTN press. is it really more dangerous than OHP/military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

redpill me on BTN press.
is it really more dangerous than OHP/military press, assuming sufficient mobility?
what's the benefit over OHP, if any?
could you replace OHP with BTN press as a main exercise? if not, why?
>>
>>38995001
if u wanna fuck up ur shoulders then its a good lift
>>
>>38995010
why would it fuck up your shoulders? there are plenty of strong dudes who do it without any problems. look no further than Klokov.
>>
You can get as buff as arnold without even using a freeweight. I don't know why people bother fucking their joints up.
>>
>>38995045
because your going against the rotation of your shoulders with heavy ass weight?
>>
>>38995001

>Redpill

Why don't you worry about lifting lmao1pl8 you /pol/cuck.
>>
>>38995136
mate, it's common vernacular, don't embarrass yourself.
>>
Literally does not matter if the bar is behind your neck or not, unless you're some muscle isolation bodybuilding fag.
>>
>>38995136
Hi tumblr
>>
>>38995116
the shoulder is a ball joint, there is no "against the rotation". it's like the elbow, which is made specifically to bend one way and one way only.
>>
>>38995106
>taking 2 years on machine in what you could do in a few months with free weights

I know shit-posting is back in business but they need to upgrade their stock
>>
>>38995230
it's a hooded-ball joint, meaning it has a specific range and that range is arc in front of your body.
>>
My delts focus day

OHP 5x5 (60kg)
Shrugs 5x10 (80kg)
Behind the neck press 5x10 (40kg)
Face pulls 5x10 (15kg)

I capped my lifts at these weights a long time ago in order to balance health, joint and muscle gain. Been lifting 4.5 years. These numbers are ideal for me as a Manlet (5'7). I often get told I have really good traps, as well as solid rear delts, side delts and front delts.
>>
>>38995248
except you can move your arm laterally too. you can raise it to you side. the shoulder doesn't move in an arc, it wouldn't need to be a ball joint, if it did. you can't say what the "normal" rotation of the shoulder is, because it's more like it can move in a half-sphere in front of your body.
>>
>>38995289
Forgot to mention I also do two kinds of lateral raises on delts day.

Lateral Raises 4x10 (heavy, half rom) (10kg)
Lateral Raises 4xFailure (light, full rom) (5kg)
>>
>>38995303
>ou can't say what the "normal" rotation of the shoulder is, because it's more like it can move in a half-sphere in front of your body.
that's the normal range of motion for the shoulders. in front of your body, out to the sides, but not behind.
>>
BTW press gets a bad rap because bothers preexisting people with preexisting shoulder injuries (most lifters desu wether you know it or not), is they don't have good form.

It's a great exercise if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>38995001

I avoided it because of my shoulder problems at the behest of everyone saying it is terrible. Then one day I said 'lets give this a try' and it was BETTER feeling for my shoulders, if I go about halfway down my head. Going all the way to my neck like Arnold in the picture is terrible for me though; but I think for my shoulders the ROM of going down to my mid-head is perfect.
>>
My shoulders have never felt or looked better and more mobile since adding in BTN press.

Of course I took the advice of the internet and went light and careful at first. And I still don't go to failure or use weight I can't rep for at least 10.
>>
File: REDPILL.jpg (53KB, 613x380px) Image search: [Google]
REDPILL.jpg
53KB, 613x380px
>>38995136
>Why don't you worry about lifting lmao1pl8 you /pol/cuck.

kys
>>
>>38995335
sure, but it can go behind a little bit. enough to perform lifts like the btn press, so why is it bad?
>>
>>38995436
yeah, and some people are more flexible and can go back further. the main reason against it is that by pushing your shoulder back in that position, you are essentially doing presses with your shoulder impinged. and with weight on top of it.
>>
>>38995045
google "scapular plane"
>>
Is it gay to do golden six and sub military presses though or nah?
>>
>>38995001

Useful to work on oly lifts, especially snatchl
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.